Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Australia

Unread 04-24-2008, 07:14 AM   #16
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

Oh, I didn't mean for this to turn into an argument over the panel or our punishment.

[EDITS OUT MASSIVE SELF-DEFENSE RANT]

Even though I still hold firm to the belief we did nothing wrong, and I'm not entirely sure this offended party even exists, I'm fine with the ban. They've wanted to get the yaoi out of Manifest for a long time... and we are a convenient excuse.

If you wish to talk about what actually went on, and the many flaws in that ban letter in more detail, please PM me.

Last edited by Melanie : 04-24-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-24-2008, 07:19 PM   #17
Wakaleo

I didn't mean to sound like I was starting an argument. I was just trying to explain that Manifest is at fault too and they shouldn't be given a kudos for their irresponsibility. I know that from experience with both Animania and Smash! in which I have handled public liability and investigated the responsibilities of conventions. This is not my opinion, this is the law.

I'm sorry If it sounded if I was offending you Metanoia, I was only trying to explain how Manifest inactions out them at fault.
Wakaleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2008, 08:20 AM   #18
Shiavo

Complete agreement with Wakaleo.
And if I remember correctly there was a SIGN on the door warning the attendee's should be 18+ or over. Yea...I don't remember anyone asking for MY ID. Very responcible on the part of Manifest (Whether it was MA15+ OR 18+ ).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not attempting to start an argument or flaming anyone etc. But I'm a little confused as to why after everything I have seen BOTH Mel and Asham do in and for Manifest such excessivly strong action was taken over a FIRST infraction?
If things like this are considered SO seriously...there should have been pre-emptive action taken by Manifest on the part of panels etc this time and every previous time. EG. A guide-line on what they expect of panels. A review of material. Etc.

I don't believe that this is a very strong showing on the part of Manifest at all. Too much blame has been placed on 2 prominent figures in the anime community and too much like Manifest is unwilling to admit their own lack of proper organisation/involvment.

Haha, And seriously if people are willing to jump up in arms over mistakes then maybe I should say something about the 30 odd people asking which Hentai I was dressed as (Note: I was in no costume of anysort; just my normal clothes) and could they have a picture?
---
Was planning to attend but not so sure if I'll be there this year.
Shiavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2008, 06:04 AM   #19
Metanoia

I would say the "excessively strong action" was taken because of the seriousness of the issue and the fact that this had to be taken to relevant authorities. Melanie did post the letter for public consumption. Did anyone read it?

AVCon, yay AVCon!
Metanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2008, 06:24 AM   #20
VLC

i did write a very long post with my opinion on the matter but after re reading it i decided best not to rock the boat ^^

so back on topic, anyone else comming? i wanna know what calibur of cosplayers i'll be competing with for my first real cosplay contest^^
Unread 04-26-2008, 06:37 AM   #21
Tom

The letter assumes some prior knowledge about previous discussions, the arrangement of the how they came to host an event, what measures were taken to screen it and to approve it, and what actually happened at the panel.

I won't cast an opinion about another con, suffice it to say I dont think anyone can seriously judge whether the actions taken by Manifest were reasonable or not unless they saw the entire content of the panel. Even then, unless you knew exactly what measures were taken by Manifest, I dont think you can comment either. In the end its a private organisation though, and what they do it up to them.

I dont mean to continue the debate about it via this post, rather to say I dont really think its something that deserves much further debate. The topic should probably just stick to cosplay at Manifest for 2008.

Speaking of which who went to Minifest - how did it go?
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2008, 10:35 PM   #22
twenty_two

unfortunatly my work doesnt let me have many week ends off so i didnt get to go to minifest.

for manifest I'm only cosplaying for amaranth ball (princess daisy which btw happens to be much more painful to make then princess peach. who'd have guessed!) and on the friday. i was going through some old stuff in the spare wardrobe and found my mums yukata which just happens to be the perfect colour to fit into my sister fruits basket group. i was like 'YES NO MORE SEWING' tee hee.

"you're not fat on the inside"
twenty_two is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2008, 02:56 AM   #23
Tasty Dementia
Kaibou

Fwee, Manifest!

I'm not 100% on what I'll be doing for Manifest, but I *do* know I'll be there as Yuiko from Loveless one of 'em, and perhaps Winry! As for the other day and Amaranth... It's up in the air! I was supposed to be in a Cardcaptor Sakura group, and in a Fruits Basket group but - hmm. x3

Minifest was boring! Well, not too bad I guess. I spent most of it helping out in a photoshoot with Repress-My-Memories and Yiji. Made the day fairly interesting x3
Tasty Dementia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2008, 03:48 AM   #24
twenty_two

ah was that our fruits basket group? who were you gonna go as?

Unread 04-28-2008, 05:00 PM   #25
CPOK
Natural born Nutcase

I will be going. Donno as what yet, but I will be going.
Unread 05-01-2008, 08:04 AM   #26
MitarashiDango

I did not see the YAOI panel at Manifest 07 but I think what MOC have done could have been justified if the YAOI-thingy did went overboard. Otherwise, I do not see the reason why they should ban you guys.

I'm still coming to this year's Manifest anyways.. with a group of friends as Allen Walker (crown clown) from D.Gray-man and Yachiru from Bleach. Maybe Konan from Naruto too..
BTW, is Manifest having the anime ball again this year? Just wondering..
MitarashiDango is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2008, 06:54 PM   #27
VLC

yes the ball is going ahead^^ im soo excited about the ball, last yeawas soooo much fun
Unread 05-01-2008, 07:31 PM   #28
twenty_two

just about done our ball gowns. ya know when you have something particularly fiddly and you just avoid it like the plague? thats what this collar is. everything else is done, poarts that arent even important yet.....now its just me and the collar facing it off....XD

Unread 05-03-2008, 12:46 AM   #29
Tasty Dementia
Kaibou

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty_two View Post
ah was that our fruits basket group? who were you gonna go as?
I don't think so ^^; But I'll be going as (potentially) Kagura Sohma! ^__^ *flails about* I am so excited for Amaranth, I'll running around as Winry x3
Tasty Dementia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2008, 04:13 AM   #30
white_rabbit
rabid fangirl

I dunno who to go as to Amaranth
white_rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote