Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Metal Gear

View Poll Results: Meryl's box: Yay or nay?
Yay! 1 33.33%
Nay! 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 04-19-2008, 10:29 AM   #1
Luunna
Luunna

Meryl Silverburgh Question (Metal Gear Solid)

Okay, so I was thinking about cosplaying Meryl Silverburgh either this AN or the next.

While I was thinking of touches to add to the costume, I thought of a box. For those of you who have never played Metal Gear, you've probably heard of Snake and his box. Meryl really looks up to Snake because he is her hero and rolemodel. So I thought it may be likely for her to immitate Snake's most famous trick.

Question is, would this be frowned upon? The box is Snake's thing... So would it be bad for a Meryl cosplayer to trot about in the cardboard box?

Unread 04-19-2008, 12:04 PM   #2
EXsoldierSNAKE

It wouldn't be bad, it just might be a pain to have to lug the box around all day. Kinda depends if if you're doing MGS1 Meryl or the MGS4 one. I doubt MGS1 Meryl would be so quick to adopt the box

There is a Metal Gear Cosplay thread on here, you might wanna look for it next time, not tryin to be a smart ass, just thought I'd let ya know.
Unread 04-19-2008, 12:20 PM   #3
Luunna
Luunna

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXsoldierSNAKE View Post
It wouldn't be bad, it just might be a pain to have to lug the box around all day. Kinda depends if if you're doing MGS1 Meryl or the MGS4 one. I doubt MGS1 Meryl would be so quick to adopt the box

There is a Metal Gear Cosplay thread on here, you might wanna look for it next time, not tryin to be a smart ass, just thought I'd let ya know.
Ah, I see. Thanks for the advice! I'm not entirely sure which version I'm doing yet, but if I'm doing it for this year, I'm being MGS1. I'll pull together an MGS4 Meryl if I'm doing it for next year.

Yeah, I just saw that D: Didn't realise it when I made this thread.
Unread 04-22-2008, 12:51 AM   #4
Vickinator
graphic designer

I never played MGS, but one of my best friends has cosplayed Meryl before so I'm slightly familiar with the series.

In my opinion, the people who are not too familiar with MGS may find it confusing if you, Meryl, have the box thing. Brawl just came out and the box thing is signature to Snake (one of his taunts), so I'd imagine it could possibly be confusing and not as "trademark" of Meryl to have one.

However, I don't think it would be necessarily FROWNED upon. Nothing is really frowned upon -- you would definitely get a few laughs and compliments, at least, for just having a box. I mean, cardboard boxes are awesome and random in its own right.