Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Japan

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-11-2009, 11:55 PM   #16
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

Ah thanks, I seem to have figured out a roundabout way of acquiring the Japanese characters even though I can't get them to display on my browser. -_-' Wikipedia for the win...

The International Costuming Convention is returning to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories

Last edited by Sarcasm-hime : 02-12-2009 at 01:12 AM.
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #17
Saravana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcasm-hime View Post
Ah thanks, I seem to have figured out a roundabout way of acquiring the Japanese characters even though I can't get them to display on my browser. -_-' Wikipedia for the win...
Heh, yeah. I don't have Japanese language input installed on my machine, it's just a lot of copy-paste from Wikipedia. PM me if you have any questions- I'm not terribly knowledgeable, but I'll do what I can!
Saravana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2009, 01:47 AM   #18
cactusmomma
Let's play!

Is there a way to do this with cure's new interface? I search for the character I'd like, and it links me to http://ja.coscure.com/title/add ...but something tells me what I get is for adding series..
http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?i...itleaddgd6.jpg

Am I reading this right?

Edit: Also, is there a maintenance going on? When I put in a photo and go to the drop down to enter the series/character, it doesn't change over and will not let my picture be displayed.
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin

Last edited by cactusmomma : 02-18-2009 at 08:26 AM.
cactusmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2009, 03:26 PM   #19
Gasei
雅猩

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusmomma View Post
Is there a way to do this with cure's new interface? I search for the character I'd like, and it links me to http://ja.coscure.com/title/add ...but something tells me what I get is for adding series..
http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?i...itleaddgd6.jpg

Am I reading this right?

Edit: Also, is there a maintenance going on? When I put in a photo and go to the drop down to enter the series/character, it doesn't change over and will not let my picture be displayed.
Yes, the page wants you to specify the series, not the name of the character.

As for the photos, you should keep in mind that Cure accepts only .jpeg file. I know some of MS Windows US version cannot handle .jpeg without patch. Also, if you have some Kanji or Hiragana font or even space in the file name, you may see some problem.
If you still have uploading a picture, you can try uploading from other user and putting in your gallery.

By the way, I asked about the problem of e-mail to the adiministrator last month, but I have not gotten any answer yet.

Feel free to PM me. I like to make more friends.
Gasei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2009, 01:24 PM   #20
cactusmomma
Let's play!

Ah, thank you! It ended up happening before the new maintenance took place. Things are working nicely now.
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin
Unread 03-06-2009, 11:23 PM   #21
snowblack
Taisa!!!

I'm having problems with Cure too. I signed up with them with my gmail account. Later on I forgot my password, and had the use the "Forgot your password?" function. Except when I follow the link and change it to a new password, when I go to sign in it still tells me my password is invalid. I tried to sign up for a new account with my yahoo email, but have never got a reply back. Seriously frustrating....
Gundam 00-Tieria Erde(Season 2 Episode 8)

Planned Costumes:
Larsa Solidor (Final Fantasy XII)
Motoko (Ghost in the Shell:SAC)

Conventions I attend:
Fanime
Anime Los Angeles
Anime Expo
Comic Con
snowblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2009, 04:56 PM   #22
Dark_Chocolate

what happens when you guys get mail from the japanese users? how do you respond to them 0.0?
Dark_Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2009, 09:13 PM   #23
nightko
↓ ↘ → + P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Chocolate View Post
what happens when you guys get mail from the japanese users? how do you respond to them 0.0?
I usually try my best to respond back in simple Japanese. (use online translator + my dictionary + my Japanese text book) Some actually sent me mail in English too.
Unread 03-11-2009, 11:16 PM   #24
Dark_Chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightko View Post
I usually try my best to respond back in simple Japanese. (use online translator + my dictionary + my Japanese text book) Some actually sent me mail in English too.
oh, well I use the translators and try, but I think my messages are very confusing. oh well, I'll try my best thanks for the input
Dark_Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2009, 08:19 AM   #25
nguyet136

hx hx I wan to one boster of Nana but
nguyet136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2009, 06:31 PM   #26
cactusmomma
Let's play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Chocolate View Post
I use nifty to get a general translation of what's being said: http://tool.nifty.com/globalgate/ Most of the time, the mailings are to fanclubs on what the person's current plans are. I did put a disclaimer in my profile that English messages are preferred..and it's fun when both sides try to use the other's language. To reply though, I will try to see if I can find a friend to translate for me..or if all else fails, put it through the nifty translator (even though it makes very little sense I'm assuming).

Now, I finally figured out where to add new characters, but I keep getting this message:
dfv.character_master_add.name_kana.invalid

Myself and others have tried many different combinations of katakana/furigana/english for each input box and still get that message. Are we missing something entirely?
Unread 06-17-2009, 06:48 PM   #27
AngelicHeart
The Girl of Destiny

Since this is a thread about Cure i will write here my problem. ^__^

I recently decided to upload my cosplay pictures, but the problem is that they didn't appeared on my profile page. And many days passed since i uploaded the pictures. I don't understand what happened. They were all in JPG and the size was reasonable. ;__;
AngelicHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2009, 11:20 PM   #28
cactusmomma
Let's play!

Did you change the 'view' drop down to something other than private?
Unread 06-21-2009, 10:06 AM   #29
AngelicHeart
The Girl of Destiny

I already found the solution! Thank you for the help! ^___^
AngelicHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2009, 03:27 PM   #30
nightko
↓ ↘ → + P

Could someone translate the exact meaning of the following for me?
(I just want to be sure) Thanks!

# 衣装小物
# 手作り
# なりきり
# オリジナリティ
# フェロモン