Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Japan

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #46
Tsumanne
History Nerd

The 1st block you need to fill out is the official spelling of the character. Often this is Kanji, but the character's official spelling may be Hiragana/Katakana only, a mix, or even Romaji. Check wiki to be safe if need be.

The 2nd block is the Hiragana version of the official name. Only Hiragana text can be used.

The 3rd block is the English/Romaji spelling. The name order should be changed to reflect Western customs if necessary.

Example
Block1: 黒崎一護
Block2: くろさきいちご
Block3: Ichigo Kurosaki

Hope this helps people out a bit.

Event Calendar:
Megacon - Florida, USA: March
Bay Area Renaissance Festival - Florida, USA: March
Sun n' Fun International Fly-In and Expo - Florida, USA: April
Comic Market 86 - Tokyo, Japan: August
Tsumanne is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-07-2014, 02:21 AM   #47
MoonWingSamurai

It's been a few months...perhaps even a year...since I posted anything to Cure, but it now appears we can no longer add new titles or characters when uploading photos. Is this happening to everyone or am I just missing something?
Unread 09-09-2014, 09:52 PM   #48
sooyong
Ninja for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonWingSamurai View Post
It's been a few months...perhaps even a year...since I posted anything to Cure, but it now appears we can no longer add new titles or characters when uploading photos. Is this happening to everyone or am I just missing something?
You can, but the English side doesn't give you the option--I actually had to Google the question in Japanese and then switch over to the Japanese Cure site to figure out how to do it.

I can try to post screenshots of the process or just outline the steps when I have time.

EDIT: Cure already has a page (in Japanese) here: http://info.curecos.com/archives/123

I'll outline the steps:

1. Upload a photo, and then go to the edit page. On the edit page, choose either the "Title Search" or the "Character Search" (one of the blue links) to the right of the drop down menus. It doesn't matter which one.

2. Type in something that you know isn't gonna show up in search results.

3. It'll tell you that it can't find what you're looking for, but there will be a blue link that basically says "Register a new costume name." Click on that.

4. Type (or copy+paste) the Japanese name, the name in Hiragana, and then the English name (in Romaji if it doesn't have an alternate title). You can also choose up to four subcategories. When you're done, click the "Confirm" button.

5. Review the information you entered. If it's good, click the "Register" button.

6. It'll tell you that your series registration is finished, so the next thing to do is to click the "Add new character" link (the first one).

7. Type (or copy+paste) the Japanese name of the character, the name in Hiragana, and the English/Romaji name. Click "Confirm."

8. Review the info you entered and click "Register."

9. Your new character will show up as a new option, click the "Set" link to the right of the name.

And then you're finished! I guess not having a register option in English keeps from having too many entries.

In Progress:
  • Sailor Star Healer (Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars)
  • Fantastic Baby G-Dragon
  • [Secret Project]

Last edited by sooyong : 09-09-2014 at 11:18 PM.
sooyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2014, 02:55 AM   #49
MoonWingSamurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooyong View Post
You can, but the English side doesn't give you the option--I actually had to Google the question in Japanese and then switch over to the Japanese Cure site to figure out how to do it.

I can try to post screenshots of the process or just outline the steps when I have time.

EDIT: Cure already has a page (in Japanese) here: http://info.curecos.com/archives/123

I'll outline the steps:

1. Upload a photo, and then go to the edit page. On the edit page, choose either the "Title Search" or the "Character Search" (one of the blue links) to the right of the drop down menus. It doesn't matter which one.

2. Type in something that you know isn't gonna show up in search results.

3. It'll tell you that it can't find what you're looking for, but there will be a blue link that basically says "Register a new costume name." Click on that.

4. Type (or copy+paste) the Japanese name, the name in Hiragana, and then the English name (in Romaji if it doesn't have an alternate title). You can also choose up to four subcategories. When you're done, click the "Confirm" button.

5. Review the information you entered. If it's good, click the "Register" button.

6. It'll tell you that your series registration is finished, so the next thing to do is to click the "Add new character" link (the first one).

7. Type (or copy+paste) the Japanese name of the character, the name in Hiragana, and the English/Romaji name. Click "Confirm."

9. Your new character will show up as a new option, click the "Set" link to the right of the name.

And then you're finished! I guess not having a register option in English keeps from having too many entries.
Thanks for the detailed instructions! I will try these steps tomorrow. Come to think of it, I do believe I registered at Cure before they offered an English option of their site, so I probably added new characters using your method in the first place...guess I just completely forgot!
Unread 09-12-2014, 01:08 AM   #50
MoonWingSamurai

D'oh, never mind! Ignore what I wrote below. Apparently, if the "Set" link does not show up next to the character name after you register it following the above steps, you have to click on the name, which opens a new window, then you have to register the name again (exactly the same way you did it the first time). Once you do that, the "Set" link appears next to the name. Simple, yet complicated!

Quote:

It all came back to me as I was following your steps...I definitely added new characters before through the Japanese site. However, this time when I registered a character name, it does show up when I search for it in photo edit, BUT there is no "Set" link next to it so I still can't assign the character name to my photos. Now what? Any ideas?

Last edited by MoonWingSamurai : 09-12-2014 at 01:18 AM.
MoonWingSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2014, 08:59 PM   #51
sooyong
Ninja for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonWingSamurai View Post
D'oh, never mind! Ignore what I wrote below. Apparently, if the "Set" link does not show up next to the character name after you register it following the above steps, you have to click on the name, which opens a new window, then you have to register the name again (exactly the same way you did it the first time). Once you do that, the "Set" link appears next to the name. Simple, yet complicated!

It all came back to me as I was following your steps...I definitely added new characters before through the Japanese site. However, this time when I registered a character name, it does show up when I search for it in photo edit, BUT there is no "Set" link next to it so I still can't assign the character name to my photos. Now what? Any ideas?
That's weird...mind telling me the series and name of the character? Maybe I can do a search and sort of "pseudo-add" it to one of my photos, i.e. see if the "Set" link comes up.

In Progress:
  • Sailor Star Healer (Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars)
  • Fantastic Baby G-Dragon
  • [Secret Project]

sooyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2014, 07:13 PM   #52
MoonWingSamurai

Quote:
That's weird...mind telling me the series and name of the character? Maybe I can do a search and sort of "pseudo-add" it to one of my photos, i.e. see if the "Set" link comes up.
It's OK...it all worked out fine. I was able to enter the character/series after following your steps, but it was necessary to perform an extra step when "Set" did not appear next the character name. I did everything correctly since the new character did appear when I searched for it, but the "Set" link was not there. I couldn't figure out what the problem might be, so I just clicked on the character name to see what would happen. A new box opened requesting that I enter the exact same character name info as before. I figured what would it hurt if I filled in the fields again, so I did and "Set" suddenly appeared next to the name! Maybe it was just a one-time glitch, but now I know what to do if I ever have a problem with the "Set" link again.

The character/series I entered was Henshin Ninja Arashi.

After this, I don't think I'll ever forget how to enter new characters at the Cure site!

Thanks again for your awesome instructions!

Last edited by MoonWingSamurai : 09-19-2014 at 07:18 PM.
MoonWingSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote