Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > A-Kon

Unread 06-19-2003, 06:00 PM   #1
Scortia

Costumes for A-kon 15

Hahaha, I know it is incredibly early... but they asked this on the A-kon boards like 2 days after A-kon 14 ended, but... who do you plan to cosplay for A-kon 15? I'm honestly debating whether I'm going to A-kon 15 or not, because I'd like to go to Animazement because it looks like lots of fun... and, they're within a week or two of each other. ^^;; If I find people to make a group with, maybe I'm more likely to go. Well, for me, these are the costumes I plan to or will make depending on what is in demand:

EDIT
*cuts original list* Okay, hehehe, I'm going to A-kon (airfare is too much :) ...I'd rather wait to take a nice trip out to California one day and hit a con there maybe... depends on whoever the guests end up being... so,... here's what will be done by then:

Akio of Utena (red pimping shirt)
Akio of the Utena movie (pink pimping shirt ^^;;)
Ocarina of Violinist of Hameln
"Au Revoir" Yu~ki of Malice Mizer
Makino Tsukushi of Hana Yori Dango (if I find a Doumyouji, this is a definite cosplay (*nosebleed*)

*possibly Schrodinger of Hellsing, Saiyuki's Goku in an uber-cute casua l outfit from the artbook, and I'd be an Angel Sanctuary cosplayer if there's a group... I have a lot of favorites... could easily recycle my Shiroi outfit into a Mad Hatter outfit*

The ones that I think I'm making specifically for A-kon will be:
Remus Lupin of Harry Potter
Sailor Uranus of Sailormoon (with a short skirt, the way it should be!)
Ryuichi of Gravitation
"Shiroi" Yu~ki of Malice Mizer

The others, I'll scoop out if people want to make groups...I'm a part of a cosplay group (the Furuba clan!), so we have some Utena, Sailormoon, and Harry Potter cosplayers. I really like group pictures ^o^ I have an idea for an amusing Mizer skit for people who wouldn't mind losing their dignity. :P

Last edited by Scortia : 08-19-2003 at 04:03 PM.

Unread 06-19-2003, 07:59 PM   #2
Griever
Child of Dreams

I don't think it's early at all.
I've already started planning on going to
A-kon 15. I plan on going as Leon from
Kingdom Hearts.
Sorry it doesn't match any of your costumes,
but I hope to see you there if u decide to go.
Griever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2003, 12:55 AM   #3
SwordsWoman
SANITY is FOR the WEAK

sorry Scortia, but im going to A-kon 15 as jam and my freinds is going as Dizzy from Guilty Gear X
mmm but if you see me give a yell. a freind of mine will be coming too, she is doing someone from Gravitation if that helps u have an idea of who u want to be. dont know who she is going as yet but i will keep u updated on that ok.
With nothing to fight her with, he got into a defensive stance, only showing one side towards her. When he looked at her she was…isn’t she? Yes, she was, Dreyia was laughing at him. She had that soul ripping, evil laugh. She was, again, mocking him for being weak. He hated it with a passion.
-only those willing to die for what they lost to her, will face her. She is death. She is desire. She is what makes this world hell to those creatures.

Last edited by SwordsWoman : 06-20-2003 at 10:53 PM.
SwordsWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2003, 06:03 PM   #4
caelestis

Depending on what I can actually finish (I'm doing stuff for Ushicon too), I'm going to go as the Unknown (prolly the Blind) from KF: Final Mix, Mononoke Hime, SeeD Selphie, or the possibility of going as Shinobi (PS2 version-- game sucked, but I love the outfit ^_^)

I actually have a huge list of costumes I want to make-- so whatever I finish is what I'll probably bring
caelestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2003, 07:12 PM   #5
Enyalis

Hehe, I don't think it's too early to be planning for A.kon15 at all ^_^ I will be cosplaying Rabi~en~Rose (Di Gi Charat) and hopefully Eudial (SailormoonS) and a casual costume for an anime character. I'm actually 70% done on my Rabi~en~Rose costume, lol...
Sunday: TBA

...held by the wings of an angel...
Enyalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2003, 07:34 PM   #6
Scortia

Wai! Are you making Eudial's huge weapon too? ^.^ It'd be cute if you could find one of those little Tonka cars in a white station wagon shape and put a black star on it and steer it around at the con. ;P
Unread 07-01-2003, 11:29 PM   #7
Enyalis

lol...yes, that would be kewt ^_^;; but instead of having her lazer gun thingy, I'm just going to make her Witches 5 staff. Of course, this is depending on whether or not I have the costume done in time, since I've just decided on also making the costume Mana wears with Kozi when he's in his baseball player outfit. My friend will be cosplaying Kozi and I Mana ^_^ I'm about 30% done on Mana, hehe...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mana (adoring fan).jpg (28.5 KB, 26 views)
Sunday: TBA

...held by the wings of an angel...
Enyalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2003, 02:44 AM   #8
LordRahl007
I'm special

I don't know if I'm gonna go or not next year, it depends on my financial situation. AnimeFest is a definite, and if I have the funds I'll do A-kon too. Anway, if I do, I plan on having an improved Ico, my fail-safe costume Ryoga, and if I have it done in time (which I doubt I will), Gatts
LordRahl007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2003, 11:29 PM   #9
korena
Bishonen Monger

next year im gunna do..

Sirius black ( XD we could go together!)
Sha Goujo from Saiyuki with a friend as Sanzo
Fuct hide =B
Kiyoshi from Machine
Kyo from dir en grey
and Natsuki from Duel Jewel o_O

all is crossplay XD ha...i just relized that..
korena is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2003, 05:19 PM   #10
Scortia

*_* Ahhh Sirius! *severe canine glompage* I definitely will have to find you... and maybe bring a leash or something for a photoshoot. ^o^
Unread 07-27-2003, 09:58 AM   #11
Sephiroth-chan
Miniature Sephiroth Clone

I guess it's time for me to put my 2 cents in. ^_^ I'm going as Kimahri Ronso from FFX. I'm trying to make everything as completely detailed as in the character pics and screenshots from the game. Bleh....dying fur os SOOO messy.

I'm wondering if anyone else will be doing a FFX character also?
Unread 07-28-2003, 01:47 AM   #12
kyandi-chan
Magical Girl K

ahhh here be my costumes for A-kon that I'm making...I will most likely have a group! If u wanna start groups...whee!

EDIT February 2 2004

-Red XIII (Final Fantasy VII) (fursuit) (100% to have, airbrushed= maybe)
-Malin (King of Fighters 2003) (For the Dance)
-Cham Cham (Samurai Showdown) (With AnimeCat as the alternate colour)
-Komugi-chan (Nurse Witch Komugi-chan Maji Karte Stage 1)
-Ruki/Rika (Digimon Tamers) (Need more people for the digimon group!)
-Rikku (FFX) (Possibly...So far so good)

Last edited by kyandi chan : 02-02-2004 at 07:06 PM.
kyandi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2003, 09:07 AM   #13
Gren
Gender Bender

I'll probably wear some medly of costumes I'm making this year, and older costumes.

I'm hoping I will have Seymour from FFX finished (all depends on the wig) and will be able to premeire him there.

New for the year, I should have Heartless Riku from Kingdom Hearts (Hopefully permeire at A-Fest), and Knives from Trigun (hopefully premeire at Ushicon) done.

I'll probably let people pick whether they'd rather see a revisitation from my Red Mima or Halloween Sora

Will probably bring Edward, and just wear her for one of those points where you want to wander about unencumbered.
Unread 07-28-2003, 12:26 PM   #14
Sempai

Woot for A-kon!!!!!!!

Shuichi Shindo (concert)- Gravitation
Jing- King of Bandit Jing
EVA 05- End of Evanglion
Sango-Inu Yasha
Rei Ayanami(plug suit)-Evangelion
Yuki-Fruits Basket

This list might be edited in the future. Depends on how tight money is.

You give up?

Ask shinji.......
Sempai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2003, 07:12 PM   #15
Scortia

Gren: Revisit Halloween Sora! *_* Sweeeeet.

*does the Gravitation dance with Sempai* I hope there'll be a ton of Gravitation cosplayers next year... they were lacking aside from some Shuichi, a few Ryuichi, and a Tohma and Noriko. I have a friend doing Rei's plugsuit as well for A-kon... and probably Kaworu's plugsuit... much Eva love. I love that sig... "Still smells like... blood" *smacks Shinji*