Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Newbies

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.
Unread 04-20-2008, 11:18 AM   #1
yanica

Dark female adult cosplay?

Hi, I'm new to this site.

I need a little help for my next cosplay which gives me a headache now since weeks. Maybe someone has an idea and can give me an push into the right direction. If nothing works, I will have to go for an own creation but I would prefer an existing character.

My main problem is that I'm turning 28 soon and I really don't want to cosplay teenage girls anymore. But the list of female adult characters which fit my "taste" seems to be... non-existent >.>

Well okay, after reading the threads about How to find a fitting cosplay, these points should help to see what is important to me:

* Gender/Age: (Strong) female character which is a mature type. Not a schoolgirl, loli or similiar teenie - not a granny as well (so, from the looks 25-35 years old). Anime, Manga, Game, Rock - all is fine.
* Style: Gothic, Visual Kei or alternative I'll also take a "colorful" character and turn it into a "dark/gothic version" (I'm Gothic myself, so the dark part is important ^^; ). A Demon or Vampire would be all the better.
* Hair: I have long middle-blond hair with black highlights, but I have no problem in wearing e.g. a black wig. I also love playing with hair, attaching dozens of things to it.
* Skin: No full body painting but I own everything needed for temporary tattoos, fake scars/ears and whatever.
* Weather: The con is outside - in summer. The cosplay *NEEDS* to be bearable in hot weather - I can always add some kind of fitting jacket but I'm not going to strip when it's getting to hot xD (last year was... uff... very hot).
* Making: I can sew, I can airbrush, I can handcraft, I can repair my car myself... there are basically no limits in the degree of difficulty.

The closest character to this is Yuuko from xxxHolic, imho. I can't think of anyone else but I don't really like her clothing style.

It would be great if someone could give a few ideas. And I hope I didn't posted this in the wrong section. I wasn't 100% sure where to post.

~yanica

Unread 04-20-2008, 11:34 AM   #2
ChibiTenshi
Aww Barf!

Well, there's Witch Hunter Robin: http://my.fit.edu/~jbobosky/Anime-fi...er%20Robin.jpg but since the con is on summer... her outfit might be a bit too hard to bear.

Misa Amane is also a dark, Gothic charrie, altough she's a bit young at the beginning of the anime, she ages throughout the anime http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...20Note/058.png

I dunno how old she is.. but Freya (Dark Chii) from Chobbits: http://www.etapety.com.pl/galleries/.../Dark_Chii.jpg

Those are all I can think of... ^^;;

Planned for 2010:

Ciel Phantomhive from Kuroshitsuji (tentative)
Echo from Pandora Hearts (tentative)
Agitha the Bug Princess from LoZ: Twilight Princess (0%-planned)
Unread 04-20-2008, 11:59 AM   #3
saiyamanmasenko
yaFWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

OK, um, I think I read you topic wrong. lol, I kinda thought you meant dark skinned. Well, anyway, you might consider Pirotess from Record of Lodoss War. http://xs209.xs.to/xs209/06466/pirotess03.jpg
She's definately strong, blond, and would be very confortable to cosplay in summer.
Unread 04-20-2008, 10:50 PM   #4
aliceinbox
starvin cosplayer T_T

lust from fma
or maybe angels sanctuary
Unread 04-21-2008, 12:27 AM   #5
Zero_Gravity
The Filthy Pervert

you could try Tsunade from Naruto? Her age... er somewhere in the 50s but she appears in her 20s 30s.

Maybe you could try Botan from YuYuHakusho, I have NO IDEA how old she is but she seems mature enough
Unread 04-21-2008, 11:56 AM   #6
YellowKiss
bjd addict

any jrock outfits?

have you seen yuuko's outfit from tsubasa resevoir chronicle?
http://br.geocities.com/cuterinoa03/...lay/yuko_2.jpg

you could do a gothic-y version of one of the heartless from kingdom hearts?
Unread 04-22-2008, 05:24 PM   #7
Raikou-Neko

I would say Vampire Knight...but you said no school girls...>.<" I'll post a link anyway...

Cross Yuuki
(center)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ight_anime.JPG

if you're willing to crossplay (although you're looking for a female), you can do so with Vampire Knight as well...*shrugs*

You could be a Bleach Shinigami...plenty to pick and choose from.

I'm really at a road block now...sorry I couldn't be of more help...
Anime Mid-Atlantic 2007 (Full attendence)
Anime USA 2007 (Full attendence)
Otakon 2008 (Full Attendence)
Anime USA 2008 (Partial Attendence, Fri and Sat)
Otakon 2009 (Full Attendence)
Anime USA 2009 (Full Attendence)
Otakon 2010 (Full Attendence + gophered)
Anime USA 2010 (Full Attendence)

Next Convention
Otakon 2011
Unread 04-22-2008, 07:18 PM   #8
rikkatya

Uh, try Lulu from final fantasy? Sorry, I'm not too good at this dark stuff. >.<