Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 04-30-2008, 03:06 AM   #1
Minamino Haruka
Diwata ng Kasayahan

Red face Caring for false (semi-permed cluster) eyelashes

Hi all, I found so many threads on what false eyelashes are, what to use, and how to put them on. BUT, does anyone know how to take care of them AFTER you put them on?

I ask because I had cluster eyelash extensions attached at the salon over the weekend on a whim. (I believe they were attached with spirit gum since it smells like the glue used for sticking pieces of rubber sheets/craft foam together. Not the best, I know. X_x) They're supposed to last for a month according to the stylist at the salon, but I may be going to the beach over the weekend and I'd hoped I could show off my lashes at a con the week after that. :S Thanks.

Last edited by Minamino Haruka : 04-30-2008 at 03:14 AM. Reason: added info
Minamino Haruka is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-30-2008, 04:20 AM   #2
Kailyn
The Alpha Bitch

Your salon should have given you a guide on how to care for them and they should made you sign a gaurantee on the eyelashes lasting.
Unread 04-30-2008, 12:27 PM   #3
KittyCanuck
Ph.D. in Horribleness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailyn View Post
Your salon should have given you a guide on how to care for them and they should made you sign a gaurantee on the eyelashes lasting.
I've never heard of a salon actually guaranteeing the length of time false lashes stay on - it will vary wildly from person to person. It will depend on things like how you wash your face, how oily your eyelids get during a normal day, how violently you roll around while you sleep, etc.

I tend to smoosh my face into my pillow while I sleep, so when I've had the salon eyelashes (supposed to last 2-4 weeks on average) mine start to fall off in about 3-4 days, so then I have to remove the rest of them so it doesn't look weird.

<---- I'm the dinosaur, not the dude.
KittyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote