Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 4.89 average.
Unread 05-06-2008, 10:25 AM   #31
AkechiTenrai
The Rascal K!ng

Anyone know of somewhere to find good pics of the pins? I was planning on making a bunch, cause it would also be fun to just like hand them out at conventions. But so far the only ones I can find or the few starter pins.

We're at war. Nobody wants to admit it, but humanity is under attack.

Believe in yourself. Not you, who believes in me. Not me, who believes in you. Believe in you, who believes in yourself!

Cosplays
Ota '11: Natsu Dragoneel{Fairy Tail}, Yamamoto (Vongola Gear V. X) {K.H.R.}
Future: Garrus Vakarian {Mass Effect 2}
AkechiTenrai is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-06-2008, 06:00 PM   #32
VanityWeasel
Still Uses 'Snazzy'

Thank you random chat forums!: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...wy_pins_ss.png

Those should be all of the pins. You can enlarge the picture a little further, too. If you want extremely detailed pics I suggest this website: http://twewy.wikia.com/wiki/Pin_List_G

Just click on a pin and you get an enlarged picture on the side along with its info sheet. All credit for this info goes to GameFAQs.com's members Oddysee and Jared Sol. And my random search skills. :P

Last edited by VanityWeasel : 05-06-2008 at 06:37 PM.
VanityWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 07:15 PM   #33
Kimmy
The Quiet One

I just finished playing the game. Loved it. <3 I plan on cosplaying Neku with a friend who's doing Shiki.

[ - - Future Cosplay - - ]
Arya Stark (Game of Thrones) || genderbent Tony Stark/Iron Man (The Avengers)
Taffyta Muttonfudge (Wreck-It Ralph) || Lucina (Fire Emblem: Awakening) || Luna (Virtue's Last Reward)

Icon photo credit: Jack Liu
Kimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 10:00 PM   #34
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

does anyone else think a punky wig is great for Neku? I'd probably still have to spike it, but punky would be a good base wig. Has anyone used one as their own base wig?

Potential Costumes Aisha Clan Clan, WilyKat, Storm
!*Jessi-Chan*! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2008, 02:45 AM   #35
Grit
Can I get an OBJECTION?!

I knew there'd be a thread like this and I couldn't be any happier. In the hype of all this, I'd like to try and get an idea of where I should start as far as cosplay goes. Not too sure if I'll follow through with it, but I would appreciate some insight.

I too want to try and be Minamimoto (Pi-Face XD) for this up coming con. The design seems...kind of simple. I don't want to do his Taboo form, just his early on GM form. The hat, bandana, and pants seem simple enough but the shirt baffles me. Just what kind of shirt/coat is he wearing and where could I go about finding it? An official name for that article of clothing would help greatly.

So if anyone can give me a general idea of where to start as far as a Minamimoto cosplay starts, I'd really be thankful.

(Current Costumes: Phoenix Wright, Sho Minamimoto)
(Future Costume Goals: Diamond, Agent Lang, Spy)

Last edited by Grit : 05-07-2008 at 02:50 AM.
Grit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2008, 08:28 AM   #36
AkechiTenrai
The Rascal K!ng

So Minamimoto wears a black raincoat...just not something I think you'd ever just find. xP

Here's what I found: Link (My search skillz are not on par with Ms. VWeasel)

I'm not suggesting you buy it cause it's zetta expensive, but that's waht you're looking for. I don't know what you'd do about the collar cause Minami's is higher than normal, and you'd probably have to find some way to hack off some of the sleeves so they're short.

Also, a pea coat, resembles it slightly, but again, you'd have to adjust the collar, shorten the sleeves, and for then add the belt. Plus I also think it would be heavier.

Believe in yourself. Not you, who believes in me. Not me, who believes in you. Believe in you, who believes in yourself!

Cosplays
Unread 05-07-2008, 09:05 AM   #37
Fireheart Storm
Tommyknockers

Nice use of zetta AkechiTenrai, XP I never did think of a pea coat, I'll have to look into that... i was planing on dragging my Friend who's being Minamimoto to the thrift store to look for stuff.

!*Jessi-Chan*!: I think Punky would make a fine base, if you can use it for Sora or Cloud, Neku should be easy.

For BEat, I was going ot use scruffy. Speaking of Beat, any one know where I can get a beanie like that, it's so long Oo;

Last edited by Fireheart Storm : 05-07-2008 at 09:08 AM.
Fireheart Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2008, 11:05 AM   #38
Grit
Can I get an OBJECTION?!

I didn't even think about rain coats. Great suggestion, thanks. I shall go looking now.

EDIT: After a bit of looking at YesStyle.com, Pea coats seem to yield the most resemblance to Minamimoto's coat. The collar just seems like the biggest problem for that. On another note, we have the pants. The pants on him seem like they would be jeans, but there are odd pockets on each side that kind of stick out. Should I overlook this feature and go with black jeans, or is there a specific type of pants that would fit that pocket criteria?

Last edited by Grit : 05-07-2008 at 03:24 PM.
Unread 05-07-2008, 03:15 PM   #39
VanityWeasel
Still Uses 'Snazzy'

Fireheart Storm, does this beanie work for you? --> http://www.e4hats.com/_e/New_Rasta_H...Brim_Black.htm
I think it's a reasonable size and price. All you'd have to do is sew the skull on (or however you plan on doing it) and you're pretty much finished. Hope it helps! ^^

Thank you for recognizing my skills, Akechi! =3
VanityWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2008, 04:10 PM   #40
AkechiTenrai
The Rascal K!ng

I thought it was clever too Fireheart xD

Grit, I think jeans are your best bet for that. Cargopants have the pockets, but not the same look necessarily. No wait! BDU Pants! That's what you're looking for. Here. The pockets aren't as far out as Minamimoto's, but I don't stuff 'em? xD But That's definitely what you're looking for.

Your welcome Weasel. ^^

Cosplays
Unread 05-07-2008, 05:36 PM   #41
Grit
Can I get an OBJECTION?!

SOH CAH TOA! Those look good. Are BDU pants mostly a Military-esque style of pants or could I find this in any store?

I'm pretty sure I could find that at my local Army/Navy store, but I just wanted some insight.

Great find, AkechiTenrai. Thank you.

Unread 05-07-2008, 06:03 PM   #42
AkechiTenrai
The Rascal K!ng

Yeah, if you find them anywhere other than a military surplus store then tell me xD Also, I don't know how you feel about buying online but at surplus stores I've seen them run up like $40 for pants.

No problem. I actually think Minamimoto would be fun, after I do Beat though.

Cosplays
Unread 05-07-2008, 06:21 PM   #43
Fireheart Storm
Tommyknockers

Oh Beat, I love you. So much I'm learnign how to skate board (oh lord save us all) ALMOST doen with the tank tops, and needa raid my guy friends closets and maybe a few of the girls looking for man shorts, because all I have are really femmie jean shorts.... no need to see beat in them. XD As funny as it would be. Oh, and needa start on my Friends Neku top and bother her to finish her cloud so she can help me with Neku.

Speaking of that Crazy kid, is any one making his shorts from scratch? I might beacuse of his pockets, they look HUGE *cough* THey look like they can hold spray paint cans*cough* not that he would EVER go tagging, right?
Unread 05-08-2008, 01:22 PM   #44
Ishotxemnas
IMMA STEALIN UR BIKE KTHX

@jessi-chan
Yya your making neku! I made one for katsucon. If you need any help with his freakishly big collar, lemme know. I made mine simply by placing a piece of card board in the back. it help up quite nicely.
Also for the shorts, I guess you'll need some sort of hard interlacing to keep the shape of the shorts. sort of like sora's from KH.
Ohh minamimoto is soo cool, I love him the most even though his love for math is abnormal. o__o who loves math? honestly?
I think my next project will be the noise version of minamimoto and yashiro. ^^
My friend is coming to tmode with me as joshua so i'll be minamimoto, there. ^__^

Wee crack! so soft and delicious!
Cosplay

Alkaid-.hack Trilogy

O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZOR!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
Ishotxemnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 05:04 PM   #45
Grit
Can I get an OBJECTION?!

Oooh, Taboo Minamimoto would certainly be a challenge. I'm probably going to stick to his first or second form. (I think the second form only differs from the first because both his hands are black and the belt is gone. That's at least what I saw form the reference picture I'm using. Looks legit.) But good luck with those, should you pursue them.