Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 33 votes, 4.82 average.
Unread 05-09-2008, 09:37 PM   #46
ultimaaa
KIRABOSHI~!

Yay, TWEWY cosplay! I've already cosplayed Neku, but I need to fix him some since I rushed on part of it so it's not all great. XD For his headphones I just made them from scratch myself since I've yet to see an actual pair that looks like his that could be modified. That and I didn't want to deal with wires and stuff. It's just a headband with craftfoam over it and painted, but that's also something I need to fix since it was a really last-minute costume.

I really wanna cosplay Minamimoto sometime soon. Seriously, best character in the game. And where else would I have an excuse to run around with a megaphone shouting lame math jokes and complex equations? X3

Sakura-Con 2011:
Adelheid Suzuki - REBORN! | Sugata Shindou - Star Driver
Moritaka Mashiro - Bakuman | N - Pokémon Black & White | Rikuo Nura - Nurarihyon no Mago
ultimaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-10-2008, 01:10 AM   #47
AkechiTenrai
The Rascal K!ng

AHA!! So zetta slow!!! I was waiting for you to come to this thread xD (Not in a stalkerish way >> << ) I saw your post in the Reborn! thread and saw the amazingness of your Neku. I just didn't want to say anything in there because it would be out of place xP

Anyway, you're Neku is awesome!!!

We're at war. Nobody wants to admit it, but humanity is under attack.

Believe in yourself. Not you, who believes in me. Not me, who believes in you. Believe in you, who believes in yourself!

Cosplays
Ota '11: Natsu Dragoneel{Fairy Tail}, Yamamoto (Vongola Gear V. X) {K.H.R.}
Future: Garrus Vakarian {Mass Effect 2}
AkechiTenrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2008, 11:07 AM   #48
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishotxemnas View Post
@jessi-chan
Yya your making neku! I made one for katsucon. If you need any help with his freakishly big collar, lemme know. I made mine simply by placing a piece of card board in the back. it help up quite nicely.
Also for the shorts, I guess you'll need some sort of hard interlacing to keep the shape of the shorts. sort of like sora's from KH.
YAY! I saw your Neku at Katsucon. I wanted to run and give you a REALLY BIG HUG b/c i figured people might not know who you were and i wanted to show you looove. BUT, you were sitting on the floor and i didnt want to disturb you at that moment. lol.
For my collar, i was thinking of sandwiching this thick interfacing between the fabric (that interfacing is $10/yd! o.O I hope i only need 1 yd.) Did you use patterns for the shirt & shorts? If so, which ones because i havent even begun to LOOK through those giant pattern books for one...and if you could save me some time that would be awesome. rofl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimaaa View Post
Yay, TWEWY cosplay! I've already cosplayed Neku, but I need to fix him some since I rushed on part of it so it's not all great. XD For his headphones I just made them from scratch myself since I've yet to see an actual pair that looks like his that could be modified. That and I didn't want to deal with wires and stuff. It's just a headband with craftfoam over it and painted, but that's also something I need to fix since it was a really last-minute costume.
*squeals* your Neku is absolutely cute. Do you have any progress shots of your headphone? I've been thinking about just making my pair out of a headband too...but i dont know if i'm that creative.
Also, any tips on the shoes!? From what i see, yours are really nice. I was thinking that i could rip up some flipflops for the sole (teehee) and then use black craft foam & blue fabric

Potential Costumes Aisha Clan Clan, WilyKat, Storm

Last edited by !*Jessi-Chan*! : 05-10-2008 at 11:11 AM.
!*Jessi-Chan*! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2008, 11:26 AM   #49
Vexation
make you feel alright.

I've pooled together a group--hopefully for Anime Weekend Atlanta.

We have a Sho, Neku (me!), Joshua, Beat, and Rhyme. ^=^

The only part that really worries me on Neku is the headphones and the shirt.. thing. How can I do the gold trim and everything... so nyeeeh... tips are welcomes...

And how on earth do you do those uber droopy... collar... things? o.o

March: MOMOCON
pizzazz|jemandtheholograms|, nikki sixx|motleycrue:theaterofpain|, the warden|superjail|, rainbow dash|mlp:fim|
currentproject:
the warden

there's a bullet in the chamber & this is gonna hurt

You're so far in the closet,
you're in Narnia!
Vexation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2008, 11:41 AM   #50
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

sentouki: i'm going to AWA (hopefully!) I know i'll be bring Neku so it's cool there is going to be other TWEWY cosplayers!

Potential Costumes Aisha Clan Clan, WilyKat, Storm
!*Jessi-Chan*! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2008, 12:38 PM   #51
Fireheart Storm
Tommyknockers

I'm home alone for the week end,w hich would normaly mean 'yay cosplay time!' but I think BEat is going to have to wait, being sick sucks >< guess I'm playign threw TWEWY again, that or if I can convince my Neku to come over we can start ploting.... wait, she has to finish her cloud first. >< oh well, guess I'll look threw patterns online for now....

Edit: Darn you Beat and your funny shoes, are thouse skate shoes or basket ball shoes? The world may never know
Unread 05-10-2008, 04:53 PM   #52
VanityWeasel
Still Uses 'Snazzy'

You know what I just noticed? Rhyme doesn't actually wear a ski cap, she simply wears a newsboy cap backwards. And here I was thinking I wouldn't have to buy a hat for this cosplay 'cause I already had a ski hat...hmph. >^<

Just a useful tip for anyone planning on doing a Rhyme cosplay. ^^
VanityWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2008, 05:17 PM   #53
ultimaaa
KIRABOSHI~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkechiTenrai View Post
AHA!! So zetta slow!!! I was waiting for you to come to this thread xD (Not in a stalkerish way >> << ) I saw your post in the Reborn! thread and saw the amazingness of your Neku. I just didn't want to say anything in there because it would be out of place xP

Anyway, you're Neku is awesome!!!
Thanks so much! ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by !*Jessi-Chan*! View Post
*squeals* your Neku is absolutely cute. Do you have any progress shots of your headphone? I've been thinking about just making my pair out of a headband too...but i dont know if i'm that creative.
Also, any tips on the shoes!? From what i see, yours are really nice. I was thinking that i could rip up some flipflops for the sole (teehee) and then use black craft foam & blue fabric
Aaah, nooo, I don't have any progress shots of my headphones, sorry. D: But I could draw up a tutorial of what I did. Here: http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h.../phonestut.jpg

It should help. Hopefully. .__.; As for the shoes, I just made regular old boot covers. I put interfacing in them to make them stand up, and glued them over an old pair of shoes I bought from a thrift store (best place for cheap shoes to butcher ). The straps on top I used hot glue to hold them on (since I was lazy - I'd suggest sewing them since it'll hold better), but to attach the covers to the shoes I used E6000 glue, which is flexible and will glue anything to everything (and leave you kinda light-headed in the process, but the sacrifices we make for cosplay...) and will basically make it impossible to remove. Good if you want them to be permanent. For not-so-permanent, I think sewing elastics to the bottom so they hold over a shoe would work, but I'm not really sure since I've never made temporary boot covers. Hot glue works too, but might take part of the shoe with it when you take them off. :P

I hope that helps some!

Sakura-Con 2011:
Adelheid Suzuki - REBORN! | Sugata Shindou - Star Driver
Moritaka Mashiro - Bakuman | N - Pokémon Black & White | Rikuo Nura - Nurarihyon no Mago
ultimaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2008, 05:40 PM   #54
Fireheart Storm
Tommyknockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanityWeasel View Post
You know what I just noticed? Rhyme doesn't actually wear a ski cap, she simply wears a newsboy cap backwards. And here I was thinking I wouldn't have to buy a hat for this cosplay 'cause I already had a ski hat...hmph. >^<

Just a useful tip for anyone planning on doing a Rhyme cosplay. ^^
realy? Oo looks like a beanie to me, http://images.wikia.com/twewy/images//3/35/Rhyme.png the ribbed matriel?
Unread 05-10-2008, 06:31 PM   #55
VanityWeasel
Still Uses 'Snazzy'

Ah, I can see what you mean when you look at it from the front. Maybe it's one of those beanies with a brim? O_o Maybe it's this kind of hat: http://www.e4hats.com/_e/dept/21-043/Knit_Jeep_Cap.htm

I thought it was a newsboy hat when I saw a group pic of the characters in WEWY that I can't seem to find right now, where Rhyme had her head turned enough to see that her hat had a brim. ><;
VanityWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2008, 06:38 PM   #56
Fireheart Storm
Tommyknockers

that looks like it could be the case, though I think the brim is a bit smaller then the one on that cap you have linker there? THough that could work, I'll serch for more Rhyme pics to see if we can't get to the bottom of this.
Unread 05-10-2008, 06:45 PM   #57
AkechiTenrai
The Rascal K!ng

Me thinks you're both wrong and it's actually just like Beats. Only a smaller skull. >3

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images..._screen038.jpg

Believe in yourself. Not you, who believes in me. Not me, who believes in you. Believe in you, who believes in yourself!

Cosplays
Unread 05-10-2008, 06:50 PM   #58
Fireheart Storm
Tommyknockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkechiTenrai View Post
Me thinks you're both wrong and it's actually just like Beats. Only a smaller skull. >3

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images..._screen038.jpg
Thanks, I was getting pretty confused there. Just over thinking thinking things.

(any one else find it funny Joshua is holding his hand in the shape of a Gun in that picture? )
Unread 05-10-2008, 06:55 PM   #59
AkechiTenrai
The Rascal K!ng

Headshot? xD

Cosplays
Unread 05-10-2008, 07:05 PM   #60
Fireheart Storm
Tommyknockers

maaaaaybe

Stupid flu, making it imposible to thouse tank tops right for Beat. I tired binding my chest but that didn't agree with me at all