Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Locations

Unread 04-29-2008, 07:40 AM   #1
SolarTempest
.: Photographer :.

Talking Seasonal Photoshoot Locations

It's that time of the year again, spring! At least, for all you in the Northern Hemisphere of the world. Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm pretty excited about this. No more freeze-your-face-off winter photoshoots!

I've been thinking up a few places for spring shoots lately, #1 being a Japanese park that's semi-nearby and should soon be blooming madly with cherry blossoms!

Another place I've been tossing about is here:
The Badlands

Not sure what characters/series/costumes would work really well there yet, but I think it would be a pretty fantastic place to shoot.

On Sunday, I did some fashion photoshoots in a converted church. They're not cosplay though, so I won't post unless people are interested in the location. Something unique and just a bit different from the normal portrait spot.

Are there any places you're excited to shoot at, now that the season is changing? I mean, not all places are good to shoot at all times during the year. Spring's a pretty unique time with a bit of a fresh look.

Where are you looking forward to shoot at?

flickr.com/photos/solartempest
Facebook: solartempestphotography
-Email me for shoots!

:2014 Planned Conventions:
Katsucon, Con-G, MTAC, Colossal Con, Otakuthon, FanExpo, Youmacon,

Last edited by SolarTempest : 04-29-2008 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Added in blurb about church location.
SolarTempest is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-29-2008, 08:20 AM   #2
bishop27
Banned

hhhmmm... where are these badlands u speak of sir?

unfortunately summer/spring here in Japan means really cloudy days, then rainy season, then UNBEARABLE heat and humidity....

BUT! i will be back in the US in August and i just can't wait to be able to properly communicate with the cosplayer and shoot around San Francisco... it's such a diverse city! while that is also not very clear in the summer/spring time, there are some wonderful beach spots and spots just north of SF with great shooting spots just across the Golden Gate Bridge with (weather permitting) great views of SF in the background...
bishop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2008, 11:21 AM   #3
nope
youth is explosive!

oh wow, that location is beautiful.
i kinda miss canada but the area where i was living (toronto) was mostly city.

here's where i'm looking forward to shooting

-an abandoned hotel
-everglades national park
-sundry house in delray
-leu gardens in orlando
-my favorite beach (john u lloyd park in dania)

twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ohnicole
frequently updated photolog: http://flickr.com/photos/weekenders

wanna shoot? live in south florida or orlando?
pm me for details!
nope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2008, 11:52 AM   #4
Elemental
I do that photo thing...

I'm hoping to do a shoot or two back in High Park this year- the location is beautiful, and it has a ton of shade for midday shooting.

Kariya Park will hopefully be a go, if I can get time off work while the cherry blossoms are out.
Elemental is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2008, 09:14 PM   #5
SolarTempest
.: Photographer :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop27 View Post
hhhmmm... where are these badlands u speak of sir?

unfortunately summer/spring here in Japan means really cloudy days, then rainy season, then UNBEARABLE heat and humidity....
These particular badlands are in Ontario, Canada! They're quite small in comparison to the ones in Alberta, Canada or in the United States though.

I always wanted a photograph of someone underneath a japanese-style roof with the rain pouring down outside. Have you done anything like that before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nope View Post
-everglades national park
Have you ever done a photoshoot in a National/State/Provincial park before? I never though of doing this before. Are they pretty good about it?

As well, are there any key places in the Toronto area that you never ended up doing shoots at? I'm always open for new ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
I'm hoping to do a shoot or two back in High Park this year- the location is beautiful, and it has a ton of shade for midday shooting.

Kariya Park will hopefully be a go, if I can get time off work while the cherry blossoms are out.
I've only done one shoot at High Park before. It went really well though! I'd love to go again.

Kariya Park photoshoots look to be a go as well now. We'll have cosplayers for both the Saturday and Sunday shoots! *is excited*.

It's too bad you can't come on Sunday though, it would have been cool to introduce you to my other photographer friend! She's not from the realm of cosplay photography, but has some pretty inspiring work/photographic style.

flickr.com/photos/solartempest
Facebook: solartempestphotography
-Email me for shoots!

:2014 Planned Conventions:
Katsucon, Con-G, MTAC, Colossal Con, Otakuthon, FanExpo, Youmacon,

Last edited by SolarTempest : 05-04-2008 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Added in replies to other posts in thread.
SolarTempest is offline   Reply With Quote