Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Soul Eater

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 104 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 06-09-2010, 06:16 PM   #1921
Saru-chan
KNIFE IN YOUR DRINK

Maka! Site says I can't see it....

Unread 06-09-2010, 09:29 PM   #1922
Maka Albarn fan

Mmm... darn and sorry for the many posts there... my computer was messing up. But uh... It was in one of the chapters after Operation: Capture Baba Yaga's Castle.
Maka Albarn fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2010, 04:04 AM   #1923
heaven_firings

So I looked around on ebay for a Stein wig and the only ones that looked any good were $40 or more, and that's not including shipping. So I'm still looking at the other wigs I mentioned earlier (twiggy, scruffy) I guess the search continues.

I dunno maybe this one and then just cutting the extra length. Or even the Monica, thoughts.

Last edited by heaven_firings : 06-10-2010 at 04:19 AM.
heaven_firings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2010, 01:07 PM   #1924
Ginryuu
Needs More Bling

You won't want Monica because it has a part put in and Stein doesn't have one.
Twiggy also has a part...but it's set back more and doesn't extend into the bangs...so it could work if you were set on it but really one without a part will be better for you.

Scruffy I'm on the line about. It looks like it would work perfectly with a little styling and trimming...but I've never owned one so can't say for sure if it would be long enough. It probably is and would work well...but I'm a very cautious person.

There are 2 other options then...the 'Always Sexy' that you linked and the Scruffy L would both work after being trimmed down. I've...made shoulder length wigs into boy-hair short wigs...so I'm not really daunted by cutting wigs to length and it'll depend on you're comfort level with doing that. The 'Always Sexy' is the cheapest by far of the three (including the Scruffy) so if price matters that's something to consider too.

Those are my thoughts on Stein wigs...hope it helps.
Kotsubaki Sentarou (Bleach), Jin (Samurai Champloo), Kittan Bachika [pre-timeskip] (Gurren Lagann), Tsuzuki Asato (Yami no Matsuei), Giriko (Soul Eater), Severus Snape (Harry Potter), Tulio (The Road to El Dorado), Leon Garcia de Asturias (Trinity Blood), Senri (+Anima), Serpico (Berserk)
Cosplays in Progress
Leon Garcia de Austrias (Trinity Blood)
My ULTIMATE Cosplay List!
http://www.cosplay.com/journal/m143513/
Ginryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2010, 06:23 PM   #1925
heaven_firings

Hm I didn't even think of the Scruffy L that one may work too. Since the Scruffy is out of stock I'll probably start looking between the Always Sexy and Scruffy L, thanks for the input.

Also I was unaware of the part info I'm still kinda new to wigs/styling.
Unread 06-10-2010, 08:40 PM   #1926
Ginryuu
Needs More Bling

XD Nothing wrong with being new...I've only been seriously cosplaying for maybe 2 years now (and that may be pushing it depending on how you qualify the oxymoron 'seriously cosplaying') and I'm still learning new things. Some of which through advice, most of which through mistakes. >.>

The part thing I found out when I got the perfect wig for a costume...and the part was on the wrong side. I actually had to make a weft from scratch and sew it in to change the part direction and it was a pain.
Kotsubaki Sentarou (Bleach), Jin (Samurai Champloo), Kittan Bachika [pre-timeskip] (Gurren Lagann), Tsuzuki Asato (Yami no Matsuei), Giriko (Soul Eater), Severus Snape (Harry Potter), Tulio (The Road to El Dorado), Leon Garcia de Asturias (Trinity Blood), Senri (+Anima), Serpico (Berserk)
Cosplays in Progress
Unread 06-12-2010, 05:24 PM   #1927
DarkDragonKyra

Alright...

So me an' my friends have a huge SE cosplay group, an' I'm going as Arachne!Medusa. I have looked an' looked, and have found nothing about what to do with her jumpsuit. I currently have a top an' bottom I can mess with, by either combining them, or I can seam rip the mess outta them an' use the leftovers as patterns for the actual fabric...
Which do you believe would be the better idea? I know with the first option, I have to modify the neck to deal with the grommets and hood, and I have to add a zipper, but would be more or less easier to deal with. But the second option would leave me to have an actual jumpsuit instead of a tacky two-piece, even if I have to scour around for the right material.
Speaking of material, if I do the second option, what material would be best?
Thank you. ^.^
DarkDragonKyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2010, 10:21 PM   #1928
heaven_firings

So does anyone know if Stein's out fit here is cannon because if it is that would be much easier than his normal two-tone turtleneck shirt.
Unread 06-14-2010, 11:28 PM   #1929
Hanayuki-chan

For those of you who cosplayed from Soul eater, did you get lots of pictures taken of you? I was planning a Maka cosplay, but i want to get asked for a few pictures, so i was just wondering how it went for you!
Hanayuki-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2010, 04:16 AM   #1930
Ginryuu
Needs More Bling

heaven: That looks like a very similar version to this link...which is cannon...so I'd say go for it if you feel like that would be enough for you. Since his turtleneck is more recognizable don't be surprised if people don't recognize that manga-only outfit.
http://iareawesomeness.files.wordpre...2009/05/20.jpg
Cosplays in Progress
Unread 06-15-2010, 02:05 PM   #1931
Vexsus_Belmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven_firings View Post
So I looked around on ebay for a Stein wig and the only ones that looked any good were $40 or more, and that's not including shipping. So I'm still looking at the other wigs I mentioned earlier (twiggy, scruffy) I guess the search continues.

I dunno maybe this one and then just cutting the extra length. Or even the Monica, thoughts.
http://cgi.ebay.com/HETALIA-NORWAY-S...item483a1d41f9 I would suggest this wig for Stein as it is the wig that I used and you can look at pics in my gallery to see if you like the style for yourself. I tend to buy all my wigs from this company so I can vouch for their quality.
Vexsus_Belmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2010, 11:17 PM   #1932
QuietKodama
★mou nigenai yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanayuki-chan View Post
For those of you who cosplayed from Soul eater, did you get lots of pictures taken of you? I was planning a Maka cosplay, but i want to get asked for a few pictures, so i was just wondering how it went for you!
Hehe, last year I cosplayed an "artbook inspired" version of Soul... I got asked for a few pics, but there wasn't anyone else in my group cos'ing from SE. Depending on the size of the con, too, you'll probably get asked by a few people anyway because she's a popular and (i think) by now, well-known character.

And since AX is such a big con, we didn't find any pics of my Soul cos because not everyone posts every single pic they take at cons xD; I dont lol.
We just ended up finding pics from what people took at the SE gathering, and pictures that some of my friends took : D

In any case, if Maka's a character you like enough to cosplay, whether or notyou get asked pictures shouldn't be that big of a deal xD As long as you have a fun time cosplaying her!
QuietKodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2010, 02:01 AM   #1933
Huntress

Hiya gais~!

Wow been awhile since I popped in this thread XD But anyhoo I finished my Justin (The "Spoiler" version) and wore him to Sakura-Con! (Though I am still trying to find a way to make a durable Guillotine blade) I also changed the eyes on his headphones, making them white instead of red. I was thrown off the color scheme by a fan art but fixed it.

http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/154470/

Loooooooove Justin hehehe ;D I don't think I could ever retire him.
Huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2010, 05:41 PM   #1934
DarkDragonKyra

I'm lovin' that cosplay, Huntress. Good luck with the guillotine blade. ;D

..::Completed::..
Punk!Szayel (Bleach)
Temari (Naruto)

..::Totally Pondering::..
Grell (Kuroshitsuji)

I would love some help from any fellow Medusa cosplayer, as I need help with her jumpsuit. PM me!
DarkDragonKyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2010, 03:44 PM   #1935
Maka Albarn fan

Yeah I'm having a hard time finding a good wig for Maka and I'm not sure how to go about the scythe..
Maka Albarn fan is offline   Reply With Quote