Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Soul Eater

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 100 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 08-08-2011, 11:09 PM   #2026
pyrodancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazmodic View Post
Soul Eater is my favourite anime, ever. These 2 costume designs (mind you, are finished but I have no pictures of them ;n; ) are femme!Kidd and Soul for AWA:
Girl Kidd design
Girl Soul design
although Death the Kidd is my favourite character in the series, it was/is MUCH more fun to create Soul's outfit and just 'become' soul. Plus - his teeth.
Those designs look awesome, can't wait to see them at AWA!! Seems like the "soul eater photoshoot" is most likely gonna be the Fri 11am slot, hopefully you'll be able to be Kidd or Soul during that time?? O.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami Kun View Post
Im planning on doind a Soul cosplay and I really want to make the jacket from scratch, but as cheap as possible. I need help
My friend wants to put together a Soul cosplay, and I had the idea of going to a thrift store, buying one yellow jacket and one black jacket, and cutting and putting those 2 jackets into one Soul jacket. That was the cheapest method I could come up with for Soul's jacket.
pyrodancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-09-2011, 08:37 PM   #2027
Shinigami Kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrodancer View Post
Those designs look awesome, can't wait to see them at AWA!! Seems like the "soul eater photoshoot" is most likely gonna be the Fri 11am slot, hopefully you'll be able to be Kidd or Soul during that time?? O.o

My friend wants to put together a Soul cosplay, and I had the idea of going to a thrift store, buying one yellow jacket and one black jacket, and cutting and putting those 2 jackets into one Soul jacket. That was the cheapest method I could come up with for Soul's jacket.
Thanks! That's a great idea! I think I might try that!
Shinigami Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #2028
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Thats what I did for my soul jacket. Its two jackets sewn together. Worked out FABULOUS. I love the thing to pieces. I wear it around all the time.

If anyone needs help with the pants, even though they're simple to make or find, Dehlia's had some wicked awesome sales and the perfect not-too-bright-but-subdued-red color is boysenberry (sp?). I got mine in three sizes too big skinny jeans for 11 dollars.

2013: Dean Winchester/Castiel/Sherlock/Kitty Riley/Rainbow Dash/Spike/Timmy Turner/Canada/Fai/Kraehe

My Cosplays +++ My Cosplay DeviantArt +++ My Art DeviantArt +++ My Marketplace Ads
KnightJeran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 07:05 PM   #2029
Deemer

my Stein cosplay.

I tried posting this several days ago, and I guess it never went thru *grumble*

Anyway, I instantly fell in love with Soul Eater, and somehow even more so when I met Dr. Stein, lol. I decided to try my hand at making my first costume for Otakon this year, and decided to go with a Stein costume. I think it came out really good, especially considering its the first time I have ever done anything like this.
I haven't really been able to find many pics of my costume at the con(despite lotsa people taking my pic) but me and a friend took some pics of my cosplay at an old hospital.
it was lotsa fun taking the pics, so I hope you guys like em.

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/390335/
Deemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2011, 11:02 PM   #2030
LockedxxHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemer View Post
I tried posting this several days ago, and I guess it never went thru *grumble*

Anyway, I instantly fell in love with Soul Eater, and somehow even more so when I met Dr. Stein, lol. I decided to try my hand at making my first costume for Otakon this year, and decided to go with a Stein costume. I think it came out really good, especially considering its the first time I have ever done anything like this.
I haven't really been able to find many pics of my costume at the con(despite lotsa people taking my pic) but me and a friend took some pics of my cosplay at an old hospital.
it was lotsa fun taking the pics, so I hope you guys like em.

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/390335/
Deemer, your Stein cosplay came out simply AMAZING. You really are one of the best Steins that I have ever seen, and I've seen a lot of Steins. I think you pull him off quite nicely! Congrats on a wonderful costume, and glad you had fun as him. The pics are great!

As for me, I'm going to be cosplaying Blair at New York Comic Con/Anime Festival this October. My seamstress skills are lacking, so I'm going to be ordering my costume (don't hate me xD), but I have planned out how I'm going to be making her boots, and I'm probably gonna buy materials for those next week.
I'll be sure to post pictures once it's all done, I'm very excited about this cosplay!
LockedxxHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 05:17 AM   #2031
Deemer

thanks, I'm glad you liked it.
my one friend went to Otakon with me dressed as Spirit. I don't have any pics of him atm, but I plan on taking some more pics soon with him with me.

after how good my Stein came out, I definitely have lots more costumes planned. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I have high hopes that my future cosplays should come out as awesome as this one.
next though, I'm gonna do the formal variant of Stein costume. But to be a little different I hope, I am gonna make it post underground battle with Medusa, meaning I'm gonna bloody the costume up and finish the scythe.
Deemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #2032
EndThisRapture
Needs a duel disk!

Would a super hip-y Crona look awkward? I'm planning on binding my chest just a little bit, or wearing a sports bra, but then I started worrying about my hips, its not so easy to hide those. xD

Princess Zelda - [LoZ: Windwaker]
Cordelia -[Fire Emblem: Awakening]
Lucina - [Fire Emblem: Awakening]
Dead Master - [Black★Rock Shooter]

Planned:
Carl Clover [Blazblue]
DTK [Soul Eater]
Echo [Pandora Hearts]
Sumia - [Fire Emblem: Awakening]
EndThisRapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2012, 10:41 PM   #2033
Simetra
Weapon Master :D

So after falling in love with Soul Eater, i finally decided to not only cosplay a girl (most of them don't appeal to my fashion sense), but a villain: Medusa. I'm still 5 episodes away from the end (so no spoilers please! it is tonight's homework), but have just got excited because the vector sword popped up and i love making weapons! It seems pretty simple to make out of wood, but then i had a great idea to imbed some purple (actually, they're going to be pink, since no one sells purple lights) lights around the outside and hook them up to a battery so it lights up when i want. Has anyone tried that before? I've never used lights in anything before, but it seems simple enough (except for where to hide the battery case - i'm thinking on embedding it in the bulk of the sword somewhere).
Planned Cosplays: Ember Island Players Ty Lee (Avatar), Ma Chao (DW7), Brienne (GoT), Adult Toph (Avatar), Daria, Some surprise ones?
Simetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2012, 11:23 PM   #2034
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

for the battery case id cut a hole in the base of the sword just big enought to have the whole case sit inside then glue this in! Ummm you just want to be careful with what type of lights you use as they may burn the wood if they are too hot.
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2012, 11:24 PM   #2035
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndThisRapture View Post
Would a super hip-y Crona look awkward? I'm planning on binding my chest just a little bit, or wearing a sports bra, but then I started worrying about my hips, its not so easy to hide those. xD
Youll be fine. Its really not that big of a deal! The "dress" will hid most things anyways.
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #2036
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Sooo I want to cosplay as the female version of the Death the Kid (aka Death the Girl). Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how I can do this? :3 thanks!

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 10%[/color]
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill[/color]
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 03:33 PM   #2037
Avenly

crisis averted.

Co- creator of the Naruto Prom at Otakon started in '07.

Otakon 2014 Cosplay Plans:
Ariel - Blue dress
Maka Alburn - Soul Eater

Hubby:
Dr. Stein - Soul Eater

Last edited by Avenly : 06-29-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Avenly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2012, 12:02 AM   #2038
VectorSerpent
Medusa's Snake Form

@Deemer: Fantastic Stein cosplay. I especially love the photo with you standing by the "No smoking" print on the wall with the glare on your glasses.

@EndThisRapture: I'm no cosplay expert, but probably not, since that's kind of one of Crona's features IMO.

Anyway, hi everyone...I'm planning on making a cosplay of Medusa's snake form. I'll probably ask for advice in another thread, but yeah. I realize my body type is in no way close to any of the characters so I'm not even going to try, and instead I'll do my own thing. xD Despite this though, Crona's my favorite character of the series by far, and I also really like Stein, Death the Kid, Maka, and Soul. I like Medusa's appearance but not how she abuses Crona and all...that was heartbreaking.

And hopefully I won't kill this thread as my posts tend to do. :P
VectorSerpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #2039
souleaterpod

I just finished my Pot of Fire and Pot of Thunder Rework for AWA 2012. the new pots will be unvielied there. i also finished the Pre-Inzna Marie,Shadow☆Star: Second Form - Leaf of the Moonlit Night And Shadow☆Star: Third Form - Severed Shadow, all from the manga. I'm doing the Utility Meister version of Kilik
souleaterpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #2040
B.O.M.
Bank of Mom

My 19 yo & I are working on her Soul cosplay now (she plans on debuting it in Dec at IKKiCON). So far, we have his shoes completed. I have purchased all the fabric for both his normal outfit plus his Black Blood suit.

IntoxicatedPengu's Soul Eater shoes

Sorry the image is a bit blurry.

Kayle (IntoxicatedPeng) - Drocell Keinz (Kuroshitsuji), Yuki Onna (Nurarihyon no Mago), 8th Doctor (Doctor Who), Soul Eater Evans (Soul Eater), Lucy (Fairy Tail) - Also attending Gallifrey One 25
Mara - Lulu (FFX), adult Nel (Bleach), Hagoromo Gitsune (Nurarihyon no Mago) WITH Baby Moogle, Trystan
Me - Mary Poppins, The Woman (Doctor Who, The End of Time), Sibylline Sisterhood (Doctor Who)

Photos
DA
Blog
B.O.M. is offline   Reply With Quote