Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Member Events and Gatherings

Unread 05-04-2008, 03:59 PM   #1
sephygoth
Hater lover

Beach Meet Boston 2008

Since the last 2 years have really just been superb, we'd like to introduce another to the stack.
Same place: Revere beach, across the street from the Wonderland T stop directly. Beach is free access.
Different time: Looking at July19, 1pm - whenever we wanna hit Good Times (arcade just north of revere)
Plans: Raw sunburned fun,grub all over the place, and of course roll around in the sand until we've buried ourselves.
Possible games include: arrangements from Ehrgeiz-esq beach games, amongst others events, such as watermelon slicing rituals (not complete with a pentagon and candles though).

This is the usual, so this time making it an official NEKO event, others perks and surprises are TBA
Don't forget ice cream money btw, there's a place down the street to snag a treat. Makes for a happy hot day.

Reserve dates are in place.(perhaps July 12, and Aug 16th) We'd rather not take August as many will be enjoying other things, of feeling the after effects of those fun things(ie Otakon,CTcon both in Aug). Besides, the earlier we try for, the better for finding a backup in case we get rained out. July is about as dry as August anyway....some ppl jet off for classes by the end of august, and we'd like to see them before that happens, we don't get a lot of summer up here XD
If curious like a George, check out our galleries at www.nekobell.org, my gallery, and perhaps mesoian's gal for past meets, 2006,2007.

Last edited by sephygoth : 05-04-2008 at 04:12 PM.
sephygoth is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-04-2008, 04:05 PM   #2
Starlightslk
Film Geek

I'm definetly in...probly gonna go as Ariel (mermaid ver.) from "The Little Mermaid" and if not then my Temari swimsuit XD

Probable Con Schedule: Katsu, PAX East, Dragon*con, Bakuretsucon...always subject to change

Upcoming Cosplays: Mami(Madoka Magica), Morrigan(Darkstalkers)var, a Secret, &...?

"Immortality is a fantasy. Life is short, so we should take care of it. The shorter the life is, the more fight we have to make." ~Hatori Heiji (Detective Conan)

Inuyasha is a 200-year-old bantling and Sesshoumaru has a security fluffy.

Last edited by Starlightslk : 05-04-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Starlightslk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2008, 04:23 PM   #3
*Shiva*
RED SOX FTW <3

Yay beach gathering! I'm in! I'll bring Aquata if she's done or Rinoa. . .we'll see.

Last edited by *Shiva* : 05-04-2008 at 05:25 PM.
*Shiva* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2008, 04:37 PM   #4
Crazy Flower
C-Flo in the Hi-zouse!!

Ironically, Ursula does *not* like water. It's not because of the fabric (it's swimsuit fabric which is fine) it's because of the massive amounts of batting in the dress. If people want a beach shoot, I'll bring it; but otherwise, I'm doing something *much* simpler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyHawke78 View Post
C-Flo and her magical behind...
THE WORLD'S BEST SUPERPOWER!!!
Crazy Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2008, 05:08 PM   #5
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

And in the end, there's nothing wrong with that.

I'm in. Don't know what I'll be doing yet though. If it's anything like two years ago, it should be fun.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2008, 05:22 PM   #6
*Shiva*
RED SOX FTW <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Flower View Post
Ironically, Ursula does *not* like water. It's not because of the fabric (it's swimsuit fabric which is fine) it's because of the massive amounts of batting in the dress. If people want a beach shoot, I'll bring it; but otherwise, I'm doing something *much* simpler.
We def. should do a beach shoot, but I'm not sure if we should do it as part of this. . . I almost feel we should organize it as a separate thing with just the people involved in the shoot rather than as a part of a larger gathering, espeiclally since there's so much makeup and stuff involved for you I'd want you to be able to enjoy the gathering and not have to be dealing with an obnoixious costume. . . and with a smaller group, we can arrange to have people there specifically to help you with your costume. But if you're up for it. . .

Last edited by *Shiva* : 05-04-2008 at 10:59 PM.
*Shiva* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2008, 08:48 PM   #7
Crystal Clover
Hatcher of Dreams

I'm definatly in!! I should have Arista done completely by then. If not, her, Ashe with a new top or something!

Next Convention - unknown

Livejournal
Deviant Art
Feel Free to add me!
Crystal Clover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2008, 09:41 PM   #8
sephygoth
Hater lover

yeah, bring the ursula! wearing swimsuit underneath can serve its purpose well enough (besides, changing areas down the way)
we can park right there, and perhaps bring some items to walk on out to the sand:rolls of spare crap-fabric...I know I gots some yards of vinyl....cardboard and fancy footwork to constantly tablet your path out to the ocean of sand ^^ ok, more on that concept later.
sephygoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2008, 09:50 PM   #9
stardust462
SNES obsessed

Count me in. No idea what I'm going to wear though. I'll have to think of something simple.
AnimeCons.com ~ AnimeCons TV
stardust462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2008, 02:52 PM   #10
Girl_Shuichi
Should only take a minute

I'm Deff in! I love this so much and I never get to go to the beach much. I have NO idea who I'll be, deff not a boy though. I want to do something new but if it comes down to it I can bring Haruko again.
Son Goku-Saiyuki
Girl_Shuichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2008, 09:17 PM   #11
Dymatrex
Close Your Eyes and Dream

You guys know I'm in and will bust my butt to be there.

~Keep on loving and laughing~
Dymatrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 07:30 AM   #12
zootsgirl15
The Scentless Flower

If work allows me to take the day off Im so in
I made Haruhi Fujiokas beach dress just for this XD
Unread 05-06-2008, 10:09 PM   #13
Gale
All the world's a stage

Not sure if Ariel will be done yet, but I also agree we should do a private shoot for that group. (BTW, Shiva, are we still short a sister?) E-Bishi is really pushing me to bring Aeris back 'cause he wants to make a Cloud suit. I don't know. I want to do something new, but it would certainly be easier to go back to something I already have.

Places you may find me in 2013:
Katsucon ~ ConBust ~ Anime Boston
PortCon Maine ~ ConnectiCon ~ Dragon*Con
Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 11:04 PM   #14
*Shiva*
RED SOX FTW <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale View Post
Not sure if Ariel will be done yet, but I also agree we should do a private shoot for that group. (BTW, Shiva, are we still short a sister?)
If your friend is def a go for Adella, than yes, we need one more - the pink one - to finish the group for CTCon/private beach shoot.

Quote:
E-Bishi is really pushing me to bring Aeris back 'cause he wants to make a Cloud suit. I don't know. I want to do something new, but it would certainly be easier to go back to something I already have.
I know - I'm really not sure what to wear this year, since I've done Rinoa a bunch of times. . . maybe do Tifa? Chibi? Aquata if she's finished? I don't think I'll really decide until its close - see what other people are doing.
Unread 05-07-2008, 06:03 AM   #15
zootsgirl15
The Scentless Flower

Im sensing alot of people may do a little mermaid theme... which kinda tempts me to bring my Vanessa(human Ursula) cosplay. I havent worn it yet so it could be fun