Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 149 votes, 4.89 average.
Unread 09-10-2009, 09:38 AM   #1561
toshirua3846384
take your fail and leave

Volnixshin - whats up with a whole thread ragging on you like that, what douches like seriously they have some balls to start S*it with you like that, i think all of them are hopeless losers who probaly just sit on their fat arse and just spam on boards airing out their incomplete thoughts and feelings on just anyone because they cant do it in public with out a inhailer. i would report that site or something to make them get rid of it like seriously.

-->( v O x O)O"
toshirua3846384 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-10-2009, 10:35 AM   #1562
Volnixshin
Tesla Powered

I thought about it, and tried a few times. They did a few threads like that on a few other cosplay.com members, and its really hurtful, plus a bunch of them make fun of me here, and other cosplay members. Aside from getting them banned, the only other thing I could think of is to report them for cyberbullying, but from what I found, it doesn't do much, besides, why should I waste my time on idiots? ^_^ I've moved on.

Czech jvorxelf, bephor yue rek jvorxelf
Volnixshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2009, 10:40 AM   #1563
Wildeth
30STM Fangirl <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volnixshin View Post
I find I get more rude comments online then I do in reality. The link in my signature, when I first saw that, I was upset and really hurt, and it took me a while to get over it. Eventually I started to think it was funny. I just can't imagine someone who would obsess over the the differences between people. It makes no sense to me. But I guess 4chan isn't the only places rude people are. Ah well.. live and get over it I say
That's harsh of them. :| Cosfu are full of retarded haters anyway.

Cosplays

Kyo Sohma (Fruits Basket) - 100%
Hikaru Hitachiin (Ouran High School Host Club) - 100%
Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star) - 100%
Meowth (Pokemon) - 100%
Finnian (Kuroshitsuji) - 100%
Akira Kogami (Lucky Star) - 100%

Wildeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #1564
Asmaria
The Ruby Knight Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyte27 View Post
I got a comment at AX'09 and it was also at my face.

"Wow, the Sora outfit is amazing! The clothes, Keyblade, and even the wig! But, too bad it kinda gets ruined by the person who's wearing it. I'm sorry, but its like covering sh*t up with flowers."

Ever since then, I'm not so confident on my Sora despite how its my fave cosplay =/..
D:

I was just scrolling through the comments, and saw your avatar and thought "That Sora's good, I like his smile!"... and then I read this. :| What jerks. You're a good Sora!
Asmaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2009, 08:20 PM   #1565
RoscoeTEHClam
King of Clubs

I was told that my coat looked like it was made of plastic table cloths
RoscoeTEHClam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2009, 01:35 PM   #1566
audrey12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnEdibleSeed View Post
Hahaha Ouch~

I find it kind of weird that I have only received these kind of comments while there is a con going on, and not the one time I cosplayed in my own home town for no reason.

Then again, I only did it once, and I live in a super-hippie-liberal town with a lot of crazy stores and stuff. Heck, Rikku and Paine running around town is normal compared to some of our more wild crossdressers! ^^

Blah and now I'm slightly getting off topic. What I'm trying to say is: if you really have the urge to run around in cosplay for no reason but don't want to be harassed a lot, find yourself a hippie-liberal town :P LOL
Dammit, why do I not live where you live?

Last edited by audrey12345 : 09-12-2009 at 01:41 PM.
audrey12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2009, 03:35 PM   #1567
Sorahana
...That was a joke

Quote:
Blah and now I'm slightly getting off topic. What I'm trying to say is: if you really have the urge to run around in cosplay for no reason but don't want to be harassed a lot, find yourself a hippie-liberal town :P LOL
Seconded. Running around in your cosplay is not a normal thing for people, Cosplay is getting a bit more mainstream now but still people are going to find it odd.
Panda Punch: Cosplay Photography
Sorahana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2009, 05:28 PM   #1568
PandaClown
Be very afraid.

Sometimes it's not what people say, but what they do.
I had seen another L4D Witch cosplayer at the last convention I went to, so I gave her a wave because I love seeing people cosplaying the same thing as me, especially if it's really obscure like the Witch, but she just glared at me with such disgust. I retreated like a dog with it's tail between its legs!
Undecided.
PandaClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2009, 02:29 AM   #1569
darkbhudda

Most of the time I get compliments. I've had someone run out of a bus and high five me when I was dressed as Beast from X-Men.
But I had a rather funny rude comment when I was dressed as Mario buying a sandwich.
One guy was showing another around, saw me and said, "Welcome to Brisbane, this is the mall, and that's a furry."
LOL. Since when has Mario been a furry? Must have been the facial hair
Unread 09-16-2009, 02:34 AM   #1570
darkbhudda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volnixshin View Post
I find I get more rude comments online then I do in reality.
You reminded me of one of my friend's commenting on a photo on Facebook I took of a cosplayer. Saying how that was the bad version of Glenda from Wicked and comparing her to a better version at the same con. Didn't see the other version but she seemed fine to me. Slight problem. The person in the photo added me so saw the comment. She was very diplomatic about it and asked for some constructive criticism. Of course my friend didn't bother responding. I think she wasn't trying to be the Wicked version anyway but the normal version from Wizard of Oz. At least get your facts right before commenting people.
Unread 09-16-2009, 03:21 AM   #1571
VivaLaNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowaipanda View Post
Arigato Bugger~=^^= (blushes) anou, but you misunderstood. That comment wasn't directed at me. If it were, I would've stood up and punched the guy in the face. LOL~maybe... or kick him.

The only rude (in my face) comment I got cosplaying was with a normie.
While waiting for a friend (and in japanese school girl outfits), an old lady and her friend past by us. And talked loudly "Where the hell are they going?"
I immediately responded "Anime Convention!" But I don't think they heard me~

If it were me, I'd probably say "To your mom's house!" Lol. I'm sorry but, when people are rude to me, I get in their face. No questions asked. I know that you should just brush it off but, when you really tick me off, you get ALL of my attention.

The worst I really had to say was when I was still in high school. It was my freshman year and I decided to cosplay as L. It was just a closet cosplay and I stuck to it... by going to school with no shoes on. When I walked by these black kids (NOTHING AGAINST BLACK PEOPLE. I'm actually black too) and they kept on saying REALLY LOUDLY "Hey, what the f*ck are you?" "Oh my god, she has no shoes!" (<---- I was expecting that so... yeah.) "HEY, GET BACK OVER HERE NO SHOES! LAWLAWLAWLAWLI'MSTUPIDDD!!!"

Yeah. That was back when I wouldn't say anything to anyone. I was a really quiet girl but I LOVED anime :] Oh well.
Unread 09-16-2009, 09:56 AM   #1572
Baku-Bug
A bug named Baku

I get rude comments from the people that I live with all the time. It's usually nothing very specific, they'll see me working on props or wigs and they'll ask what I'm doing and what's it for and I'll tell them and they'll look at me like I'm insane, usually mutter something under their breath and march away.

My brother in law also calls my keyblade and battle-axe and his nephew says that my Zack Fair wig looks like it belongs on a wooki... =_=; I'm getting pretty used to all of the verbal crap.
Baku-Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2009, 04:17 PM   #1573
_Peppermint_
Sherlockian and Dreamer.

To people who are getting worried by this, please don't be. I'm not gonna lie to you, society finds cosplay weird. It's not normal. It's bold. People may take the mick out of you because you look different. But please don't take anything anyone says too seriously. After all, they're idiots xD Just laugh it off, and know that you're doing something you really enjoy, regardless of what anyone else thinks. Cosplayers are brave souls ^___^

I can't actually contribute much to this, because no-one's really said anything rude to me about my cosplay before, besides the idiots from my school who are all 'Haha you emo ninjaaaaaaa'. It's like...yeah. STFU.
Unread 09-16-2009, 05:03 PM   #1574
moonfall

I'm not sure if I posted this before, but someone thought I was evil for cosplaying a character from a game called "Tales of the Abyss." Another person I know ran into some problems with a friend's mother over the pentagrams on his Alucard gloves. (Obviously this woman has never seen Hellsing if that's the most objectionable thing about the costume).

I've had people tell me my wig was crooked/falling off in rather rude terms. My real hair is long, and it's hard to hide it under a wig properly.
Raine Sage (Tales of Symphonia)
Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshitsuji, butler outfit)
Rose Bride Utena (Revolutionary Girl Utena, need new wig)
Twilight Sparkle's Gala Dress (My Little Pony: FiM)
moonfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2009, 05:19 PM   #1575
iheart-Yusei~

-.- Last time when I went to my school Orientation dressed up as Xion (its cuz i had to go my friends house for a play fight after), Some ppl were like " Look at that freak" or like "ew early Halloween much?" and then just like flipped their hair and started gossiping o.O
iheart-Yusei~ is offline   Reply With Quote