Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 165 votes, 4.90 average.
Unread 05-22-2008, 06:47 AM   #151
Kesra
Smooch a Pheonix Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondkira View Post
Luckily, I haven't got any rude comment to my face (yet lol), but my friend did experienced annyoing thing...

So, my best friend was crossplaing as Baralai from FFX-2 and she worked for almost whole year to finish it. She didn't finished her costume on time, so she brought it with her at the con (Acen 08). At Acen, she met her 'friend' and he decided to help her. I thought o that's nice of him, but then he started saying "omg you are doing this wrong! Here, let ME show you how to do it RIGHT!!" and he started doing the detailed part. Ok, I gotta admit that this guy was pretty skilled, but he kept saying "omg, since I am helping you with this, I wanna sew my name on your costume!!" and what not... Yes, he did helped her, but at the LAST MINUTE. My best friend worked on it for whole year, all by her self, and all he was doing was sewing the floppy part so it won't fall off.
So after that, she was able to complete the costume! Yay. We did thank this kid but he kept trying to get ALL the credit for helping the costume.
Next day, she wore her Baralai costume and whenever someone complimented her and asked her "Wow! You made that all by yourself!?", the guy starts to jump into the conversation and says "WELL I HELPED HER ALOT!! I HELPED HER COMPLETE THE WHOOOLLEE COSTUME!" and kept on taking a credit from her. Yes, we do admit that he helped, but he didn't had to make it sound like he was helping from the beginning, you know?
Like, we do appreciate anyone's help for finishing the costume, but when someone tries to take the whole credit for it and kept on saying we should praise him and say him as our savior?

I'm sorry, but that was just freakin annoying. And, rude for my best friend, who actually did the whole complicated costume all by her self from scratch.
That's rough. I did alot of work on a friend's wig once as far as styling go but I didn't make a big deal out of. In fact she made a bigger deal out of it than I did. People told her "Great wig!" and she'd tell them "Well she helped with it." And I'd just shrug.

Remaking Season 3 Azula.

Done/Working On/Pattern/Not started

Pants Tunic Dickie Surcoat Armor Boots Belt Wig
Check out my new facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/kesracosplay
Kesra is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-22-2008, 09:07 AM   #152
Caelendil
I lurv my Roxy~

One rude comment I heard when I was at Sakura-Con: It was my first day at S-Con, I was dressed as Axel from KH2. I was so excited and happy to see other cosplayers from Kingdom Hearts, so I took pictures with several of them individually. I was having my friend take a pic of me and another Axel, cause I thought it was cool that another Axel was there, when I heard someone from behind me say "What are you trying to do, upstage her?" I was like.. Wtf? I looked for the person, no such luck.. But I was very happy that I got to see another Axel! I went on my merry way for the rest of the con and didn't think twice about any other comments I heard.
KH: Axel (Org XIII/Punk)
Aion: Elyos or Asmo Ranger
Final Fantasy: WHM (Tactics or XI, unsure)
Caelendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2008, 02:17 PM   #153
Ziekara

I guess I've been lucky enough not to really experience much on the "rude" side of things. I think the closest thing to a rude comment I got was at Ikasucon 06 when an old woman came up to myself and my kingdom hearts group and asked us if we were a part of a gang (probably because we had an Axel with us? Sora Kairi and Riku don't look very gang like to me). We tried to explain to her that we were cosplaying, and told her what cosplay was. She just shook her head and mumbled "Kids...looks like some kind of terrorist thing to me" as she was walking off.

I think the funniest (although also kind of sad) reaction I got was also at Ikasucon when I was in the food court. This poor little girl saw our group and her eyes practically popped out of her head before she started bawling her eyes out and cowering behind her monther's leg. Her mom just kind of glared at us. I know that's not really rude since we scared the crap out of her kid, but I just kind of wanted to share XD Poor kid...
Ziekara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2008, 03:17 PM   #154
bondkira
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsuki_sairen View Post
Thats really mean >____<*
Yea it was... Don't get me wrong, we do appreciate any help to finish up with the costume, but getting ALL the credit from her?? That was wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radleia View Post
That's rough. I did alot of work on a friend's wig once as far as styling go but I didn't make a big deal out of. In fact she made a bigger deal out of it than I did. People told her "Great wig!" and she'd tell them "Well she helped with it." And I'd just shrug.
It was up to a point that my friend wanted to punch him in the face because he wouldn't stop lol.
Wow you can do wig!!? That's awesome!! I wish I was good enough to handle someone's wig... But for now, I gotta depend on my new friend, e-bay lol

Another story. From the same guy. This isn't really about cosplay but it still relates...
So, we were walking together (more of him following us like a gold fish's poo), and there were many times we wanted to take pix of other cosplayers. Whenever me and my friend took pix, he takes a peek from behind and says "you know, I'm a quite a photographer, and you guys are shooting it WRONG! Here, let me handle it!"
He took the camera and start taking the pix. What he was doing was tilting the camera in angles and zooming into the target. Yea, he took nice pix and we did appreciated him... BUT, he have to do it again...
Guy:"See? This is how you do it! I am a photographer and yea... You guys were just not doing it right! Omg, this shot that I took is so awesome!!"
He was saying in a way that whatever he took was the best and kept on babbling it about. He wasn't really teaching us how to do it too. It was in a way that he was trying to show off how freakin great he is and how poorly we take pix (and he's not even an official photographer).

But yea, at the end of the convention, we just wanted to punch him in the kidney lol

Nnoitra (No.5 Espada Arrancar) from Bleach: 50%sure, 0% completed (REDO)

Taokaka from Blazblue: 50% sure, 0% completed

Date Masamune from Sengoku Basara: 50% sure, 0% completed
bondkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2008, 03:42 PM   #155
ash_chan
Leon! Help!

Quote:
Yea it was... Don't get me wrong, we do appreciate any help to finish up with the costume, but getting ALL the credit from her?? That was wrong...

It was up to a point that my friend wanted to punch him in the face because he wouldn't stop lol.
Wow you can do wig!!? That's awesome!! I wish I was good enough to handle someone's wig... But for now, I gotta depend on my new friend, e-bay lol

Another story. From the same guy. This isn't really about cosplay but it still relates...
So, we were walking together (more of him following us like a gold fish's poo), and there were many times we wanted to take pix of other cosplayers. Whenever me and my friend took pix, he takes a peek from behind and says "you know, I'm a quite a photographer, and you guys are shooting it WRONG! Here, let me handle it!"
He took the camera and start taking the pix. What he was doing was tilting the camera in angles and zooming into the target. Yea, he took nice pix and we did appreciated him... BUT, he have to do it again...
Guy:"See? This is how you do it! I am a photographer and yea... You guys were just not doing it right! Omg, this shot that I took is so awesome!!"
He was saying in a way that whatever he took was the best and kept on babbling it about. He wasn't really teaching us how to do it too. It was in a way that he was trying to show off how freakin great he is and how poorly we take pix (and he's not even an official photographer).

But yea, at the end of the convention, we just wanted to punch him in the kidney lol
Sounds like a "friend" of mine.
He's always making it seem like he's better than others, saying he can make [insert something] better, he's just the sh*t in general, etc...

He's the main person I hear rude remarks from.
I'd love to see it.
:3
ash_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2008, 04:07 PM   #156
Kesra
Smooch a Pheonix Today!

How obnoxious of that guy. I think he needs to be shot.

Remaking Season 3 Azula.

Unread 05-22-2008, 07:12 PM   #157
Roleplaywulf
Cosplay is good eats

Quote:
...Why did you even LET that guy hang out with you if he was going to act so thirsty like that?

Wulf ||| DeviantART

«Next Convention» Ohayocon
«Finished»
Toon Wolf Link (retired)
«In Progress» Klonoa, Um Jammer Lammy, Josh (SH5)
«Planning/ On Hold» Toon Link, Lucas, Donald, Midna
Roleplaywulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2008, 10:18 PM   #158
eri x core

I think the worst comment I got was when I was cosplaying Jo from burst angel for the first time and I made the comment to my bf that it was more of a hit than my Rei or Asuka from Evangelion cosplay. Some jerk who had taken a picture of me said, "Yeah because that show is so old and over done".
I turned back to him and said, "Its a classic. You know no one cosplays it much anymore and new movies are comming out"
He turned back around to me and yelled, "You just want to cosplay someone no one knows anymore so you can half ass it. That anime sucks anyways"
It made me soo mad.
Its my favorite anime so it got to me.
I dont think anyone should make fun of anyone else for the kind of anime they like.
Its dumb.
Oh well, he was just some lonely old fat guy in pink scrubs.
Unread 05-22-2008, 10:26 PM   #159
mirrorsaber
in unknown territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roleplaywulf View Post
...Why did you even LET that guy hang out with you if he was going to act so thirsty like that?
Thats what I'm wondering. Not to be rude or anything but if you don't like that person, don't hang out with that person.

next costume- Just repairing/making new stuff I never tried as of now.
mirrorsaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2008, 11:38 PM   #160
bondkira
The Procrastinator

Roleplaywulf & PrincessWolf:
Well, here's the thing... He's not my friend, but he is friend with my best friend. My best friend (in short BF) is too nice to say 'f**k off' so when she told me about him (yes, I was informed about how he will be around people), she begged me not to say anything that will hurt his feelings (which at this point, don't mean to be really mean, but didn't really care...). So, I didn't took any action just because my BF asked me to (if it wasn't for my BF, then... o yea...) He does have his 'friends' and 'roommates' to hang out with him, but they know how to ditch him so he ended up following us. We did tried to leave him for several times, but he always found us and ended up following us through the whole night.
BF also mentioned that since he is 'troubled' guy (didn't get any love from his family and what so...), any harsh words from his 'friends' will lead him to suicide (which I think is over exhadurating, but that was her actual words). In fact, BF and her sister are the only one who are nice enough to keep in touch with him (even though they ignore his phone calls here and there).

Luckily!! He will be moving out of town for good so we won't be seeing him for quite a while lol.
If he asks to stay with us through con again... Then yea, I won't be nice ANYMORE... lol

Nnoitra (No.5 Espada Arrancar) from Bleach: 50%sure, 0% completed (REDO)

Taokaka from Blazblue: 50% sure, 0% completed

Date Masamune from Sengoku Basara: 50% sure, 0% completed
bondkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2008, 12:01 AM   #161
i-shinigami
Destroyer of worlds

Quote:
Roleplaywulf & PrincessWolf:
Well, here's the thing... He's not my friend, but he is friend with my best friend. My best friend (in short BF) is too nice to say 'f**k off' so when she told me about him (yes, I was informed about how he will be around people), she begged me not to say anything that will hurt his feelings (which at this point, don't mean to be really mean, but didn't really care...). So, I didn't took any action just because my BF asked me to (if it wasn't for my BF, then... o yea...) He does have his 'friends' and 'roommates' to hang out with him, but they know how to ditch him so he ended up following us. We did tried to leave him for several times, but he always found us and ended up following us through the whole night.
BF also mentioned that since he is 'troubled' guy (didn't get any love from his family and what so...), any harsh words from his 'friends' will lead him to suicide (which I think is over exhadurating, but that was her actual words). In fact, BF and her sister are the only one who are nice enough to keep in touch with him (even though they ignore his phone calls here and there).

Luckily!! He will be moving out of town for good so we won't be seeing him for quite a while lol.
If he asks to stay with us through con again... Then yea, I won't be nice ANYMORE... lol
Ouch, sounds exactly like someone I know. Scary that there are more out there like that.

Peach State Cosplay Society

Ooh Shiny Cosplay Group!
i-shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2008, 12:19 AM   #162
Kesra
Smooch a Pheonix Today!

Quote:
I've never been one to accept such excuses.

Maybe his problem is that no one is being honest with him. IF people constantly coddle him and not tell him that he's being obnoxious, he may simply just not know. Have a serious talk with him. Tell him other people feel this way and tell him how he can stop annoying the ever loving hell out of people

Remaking Season 3 Azula.

Unread 05-23-2008, 12:33 AM   #163
Spetsnaz
Praying Mantis Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radleia View Post
How obnoxious of that guy. I think he needs to be shot.
Because shooting people is the answer to all of our problems.
Ohayocon 2011
  • Ghost: Modern Warfare 2.
  • Random riot gear crap for the hell of it.
  • Snowtrooper, Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back.
Spetsnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2008, 12:36 AM   #164
Kesra
Smooch a Pheonix Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spetsnaz View Post
Because shooting people is the answer to all of our problems.
It's not failed me yet! Not that I have *ahem* tried.

Remaking Season 3 Azula.

Unread 05-23-2008, 02:33 AM   #165
Haita
Lost and Found

Quote:
Luckily, I haven't got any rude comment to my face (yet lol), but my friend did experienced annyoing thing...

So, my best friend was crossplaing as Baralai from FFX-2 and she worked for almost whole year to finish it. She didn't finished her costume on time, so she brought it with her at the con (Acen 08). At Acen, she met her 'friend' and he decided to help her. I thought o that's nice of him, but then he started saying "omg you are doing this wrong! Here, let ME show you how to do it RIGHT!!" and he started doing the detailed part. Ok, I gotta admit that this guy was pretty skilled, but he kept saying "omg, since I am helping you with this, I wanna sew my name on your costume!!" and what not... Yes, he did helped her, but at the LAST MINUTE. My best friend worked on it for whole year, all by her self, and all he was doing was sewing the floppy part so it won't fall off.
So after that, she was able to complete the costume! Yay. We did thank this kid but he kept trying to get ALL the credit for helping the costume.
Next day, she wore her Baralai costume and whenever someone complimented her and asked her "Wow! You made that all by yourself!?", the guy starts to jump into the conversation and says "WELL I HELPED HER ALOT!! I HELPED HER COMPLETE THE WHOOOLLEE COSTUME!" and kept on taking a credit from her. Yes, we do admit that he helped, but he didn't had to make it sound like he was helping from the beginning, you know?
Like, we do appreciate anyone's help for finishing the costume, but when someone tries to take the whole credit for it and kept on saying we should praise him and say him as our savior?

I'm sorry, but that was just freakin annoying. And, rude for my best friend, who actually did the whole complicated costume all by her self from scratch.
Helping with a costume at the last minute is exactly like the "Special Thanks" credit slot they have on most video games. It's just a thank you, doesn't list what they did. That guy most certainly did not deserve to be spouting his mouth off like that. You shoulda said..."Um excuse me but do I know you?" What a jerk...
Haita is offline   Reply With Quote