Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 159 votes, 4.89 average.
Unread 05-29-2008, 10:55 AM   #211
Artema
Dying just to survive

I've had very few rude comments directed at me. oo' So few, in fact, that I honestly can't remember them. xD Well, there was the pretzel-seller who unsubtly called me an arsehole at the Faire this year. ¬.¬ I still have no idea why. I was a good ten yards from him and only glanced his way when he shouted at me. o___O

I hate fat-bashers. It pisses me off to no end when I see otherwise good cosplayers getting hate for their body type.

Kinda sad though- I'm tall, slender and cosplay pretty well (at least I like to think I do xD) and when I come to the defense of the aforementioned bigger cosplayer, people'll defer to me. As if, by me having the ideal body type, I'm somehow /worth/ more or my opinion carries more weight (pun not intended). And that's complete crap.

Constuff:
AllCon '10 † A-Kon 21

Stephen Colbert | Nurse Joker | Sir Integra Hellsing | Supergirl | Surprise

Past Shoots:
A-Kon 20
A-Kon 19
AnimeFEST '08
Artema is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-29-2008, 01:27 PM   #212
PixieRisa
LGLP

Quote:
So I turned, looked at him, and said "I have a pair of pig ears if you'd like." his eyes widened and his wife burst out laughing. Then she said, "That's what you get."
haha I love that. xD

Today was my last day of school (yayz! ) and it was free dress, so I was wearing my friend's Tanaka Reina outfit (it surprisingly fit me O_o) and one a-hole at school called me a hooker. I said, " Get you mind out of the sewer." he said, "It's mind out of the gutter, sweety." and laughed. But I then said, "I know what I said. Your mind's way too dirty to be in the gutter." Then I smirked and walked away. Boy, that got him and hopefully he won't say that next school-year. XD
PixieRisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2008, 04:25 PM   #213
StrawberrySiren
Five Feet of POWAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chozo_Hybrid View Post
you can be vash too!
we should find who said "who wants to be vash" and just attack him. like an army of vash the stampedes...

Tumblr|Twitter|DeviantArt
StrawberrySiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2008, 05:20 PM   #214
rikus~lovr
~leon~Lover~

oh no..thats ok

there were some people in a truck..a couple of guys drove by on the side of the road when me and my sister were walking down the street to go to circle k they said a**holes...i dodn't know what to say after that to my sister..me and her were pondering why they would say something like that but i'm use to it...they only say those things if they dont understand or even know cosplay...lol
Unread 05-29-2008, 07:14 PM   #215
Miyabi-
All Will Be Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsumiyo View Post
The biggest problem with this one was that the costume was strapless. Trust me, I researched my ass off on ways to get a little lift strapless...ly. I tried on God knows how many strapless push-ups, but all of them just slid down. My non-pushup strapless was the only one that actually stayed on, so I ended up wearing that one. For extra boobage in the future I'm just gonna wear my push-up, but the strapless issue is pretty much impossible short of tape (NOT happening) or falsies/water balloons (which would be damn hard to hold up without straps in the first place).
But thanks, noted for future use. ^^;
Ahhh! Strapless! The bane of everyone who either 1.) wants boobs or 2.) wants support for said boobs! XD!
Try those funky gel-stick on ones! Those are a bit on the thick side and can help create more boobage and the best part is you just position boobs how you want them and then stick the bra on the way you want it!

(and this is offically the most I've ever said the word "boobs" in any post ever. XD!)
Miyabi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2008, 11:09 AM   #216
alchemy_girl
Memorize it bitch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakky_Uchiha View Post
I haven't ever been to a con and told something harsh or anything like that.. But off site, someone told me that 'pink really wasn't my color' when i was wearing a pink wig in a picture... And it's like.. wow.. Obviously not? But it was an ex boyfriend who i had told off about two days before, so that was to be expected?

&& One time i went to starbucks wearing a Naruto headband around my neck like Hinata and Temari, and i suppose i was dressed a bit unapproachable. (Wearing all black and was looking at the fllor when i walked in with one friend who was quiet as well) The person at the counter took a step back and stared at me wide eyed, so i looked up at him and blinked a few times, after an awkward silence i asked for a cup of hot cocoa and he said sure.. A kid that was with his mom runs up to me and hugs me and says 'Oh my god your from dragon ball z!' i laugh nervously and start thinking to myself about how the kid got the wrong anime, but close enough i guess. x_X The kid started tugging on my headband and the guy behind the counter started laughing, and he told me about how he thought i was some sort of a criminal and thought my headband was a tracking device.. I just got my cocoa and as i was going to leave, i turned to my friend and said. 'So.. Which house should we rob next?' And a few people just laughed... x_X; Decided to not wear my headband when not cosplaying, since it was a leaf village one, with a slash through it, was a bit ironic.

Other than that i myself haven't been told any rude comment. Though i have seen some mean comments that were left to people i know, which even i took offensive.. I don't understand why people talk bad about other peoples cosplays, when they usually aren't very 'great' either. x_x Just proves that there jealous..
That is the best story I've ever heard! I would have fallen on the ground laughing! Little kids like that are cute (They'll learn), but the comment about the tracking device and the house robbing was the best!

๑۩۞۩๑Cosplay:๑۩۞۩๑
Anime North 2012

๑۩۞۩๑Future Cosplay Projects:๑۩۞۩๑
Hiccup - How To Train Your Dragon
Twilight Sparkle Gijinka - My Little Pony: FiM
Pinkie Pie Gijinka 'Cupcakes' Version - My Little Pony: FiM

๑۩۞۩๑Future Cosplay Ideas:๑۩۞۩๑
Edward Elric (series or movie)
Tak (Human Form)/Gaz from Invader Zim
Kingdom Hearts
alchemy_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2008, 06:52 PM   #217
danayoki

Quote:
The biggest problem with this one was that the costume was strapless. Trust me, I researched my ass off on ways to get a little lift strapless...ly. I tried on God knows how many strapless push-ups, but all of them just slid down. My non-pushup strapless was the only one that actually stayed on, so I ended up wearing that one. For extra boobage in the future I'm just gonna wear my push-up, but the strapless issue is pretty much impossible short of tape (NOT happening) or falsies/water balloons (which would be damn hard to hold up without straps in the first place).
But thanks, noted for future use. ^^;
ahhahahha use those clear ones
danayoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2008, 06:09 PM   #218
Krethes
It's hammer time

Friday at A-Kon 19, I was dragging myself while cosplaying Toboe from Wolf's Rain around the consite trying to find ConOps (long story short, registration malfunction) and I was stopped at a desk so I could ask Security where to go when this civilian-clothed girl comes up to me. Keep in mind, I was in a foul mood at the time because I was missing the Versailles concert because of registration mishaps. At first she started off nice saying, "Good Toboe cosplay- my friend is making hers, but she used white thread and has the two breast pockets."

I replied with, "Cool- it's not often you see Wolf's Rain cosplayers. But I didn't make mine, I bought it."

"Then that makes my friend better. Because she made hers."

And she walked off. I was just like 'o___O?' It's not a competition unless you're actually in a cosplay contest, which I wouldn't have entered because I didn't make my cosplay. I think that if you can buy an article of clothing or a prop for a decent price instead of making it, then go for it. There are some cosplays where that just works perfectly- especially with 'street cloth' cosplays like Wolf's Rain.

She'd better be glad she walked off when she did- I was not a happy wolf.
Unread 06-01-2008, 06:27 PM   #219
limetex
rini-chan :heart:

It was at Otakon last year, my first con, and it was the second day. I was wearing my maid cosplay and I went down to eat breakfast at the hotel. I was sitting there alone, eating playing Pokemon Red, when this girl comes and sits at the table with me. She started asked me what I was doing, along that line, and I told her happily. She seemed interested. Anywho she said she had to go so she went over to get her friend and as they were leaving I heard her muttering 'freak in the maid dress... fat-insert bad word here-....ugly as -insert another bad word-...' and they both stared laughing.

Least to say I was utterly pissed. Everyone that day at Otakon said I looked mega cute.
Unread 06-01-2008, 06:52 PM   #220
sicdedman
SicLeatherFace

you know what i tell people when they ask me (Why are you dressed like that?) (What are you doing dressed like that) ect.ect. comments... i tell them...

WHAT HALLOWEEN IS THE ONLY DAY OF THE YEAR PEOPLE CAN DRESS UP?????? WHEN AND WHERE IS THAT WRITTEN IN THE RULE BOOK!!! HAHAH they shut up and walk away!!
sicdedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 12:03 PM   #221
Dadderface
unusually hip-hop

OK... so here's one from this past ACen.

I was cosplaying Captain Falcon, and my costume wasn't 100% where I want it to be, so this was merely a preliminary version. Instead of having a visor I decided on using black makeup over my eyes because it was a fairly easy and reasonably good looking solution.
So, this guy dressed as Captain Hitsugaya from Bleach comes up to me and asks for a picture. "Sure," I say. But as he's readying to take a picture, he starts telling me that I "should have really used a visor for the helmet." I explain to him the state of my costume, but he still persisted very rudely. At this point, I faked an urgent phone call and walked away before he could take a picture.
Dadderface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 01:45 PM   #222
Roleplaywulf
Cosplay is good eats

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicdedman View Post
you know what i tell people when they ask me (Why are you dressed like that?) (What are you doing dressed like that) ect.ect. comments... i tell them...

WHAT HALLOWEEN IS THE ONLY DAY OF THE YEAR PEOPLE CAN DRESS UP?????? WHEN AND WHERE IS THAT WRITTEN IN THE RULE BOOK!!! HAHAH they shut up and walk away!!
Whoooooah, chill out. No need to post in caps.

For me, the rudest thing I got was weird stares from old folk at an ice cream shop. The trick is to not look scared and defenseless since, for some odd reason, that attracts people to make fun of you.

Quote:
"Then that makes my friend better. Because she made hers."
What an idiot. Sheesh, they think they are royalty for making their own costumes.

Wulf ||| DeviantART

«Next Convention» Ohayocon
«Finished»
Toon Wolf Link (retired)
«In Progress» Klonoa, Um Jammer Lammy, Josh (SH5)
«Planning/ On Hold» Toon Link, Lucas, Donald, Midna
Roleplaywulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 01:51 PM   #223
Koisnake
I want some fancy sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliot View Post
At this point, I faked an urgent phone call and walked away before he could take a picture.
Perfect get-a-way method. Leave him hanging without his photo, lawl.
Koisnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 01:54 PM   #224
Gaara-Sephiroth
Riku's Girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicdedman View Post

OMG! Lol, that's an awesome comment! I should start using that too! ^_^

My Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LinkTheHeroOfTime

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/RikusGirlfriend

Feel free to add/watch/follow me, especially if we met at a cosplay event. :-)
Gaara-Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 04:04 PM   #225
bleachbabi
moved to Matty's Mello

I was at AN08 and my friend and I where waiting for my brother to finish at the weapons check, and some lady comes up to me with a small child and says,
"Um, excuse me?"
"Yes?"
"Are you dressesd as one of the characters from that show Bleach?"
"Yes"
"You do know this is an all ages event right?"
"Yes"
"Well then you shouldn't be dressed as a character from a 14A show, there are children here you know!"
"Excuse me?"
"I don't want my son exposed to those types of shows, someone should report you!"
And walked away... Mean while, there was a girl dressed as Rikku from FFX or w/e just a few feet away and she said nothing. I was dressed as Byakuya! Covered from my chin to the floor and I was wearing gloves, and the kimono went to the edge of my gloves. If she was so against her son being exposed to that, she shouldn't have brought him! Obviously she knows what Bleach is if she recognized a character from it...