Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 173 votes, 4.90 average.
Unread 10-17-2008, 07:38 PM   #751
ChibiTenshi
Aww Barf!
 
ChibiTenshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE_MaD_hAtTeR_ View Post
Oh my God...they insulted mango, celtic, and katsu D8
QUICK! Head for the hills! D:
__________________
Completed Cosplays
Katara fire Nation outfit from Avatar: the last Airbender (100%-finished)
Kasane Teto from Vocaloid 2 (100%-finished)

Planned for 2010:

Ciel Phantomhive from Kuroshitsuji (tentative)
Echo from Pandora Hearts (tentative)
Agitha the Bug Princess from LoZ: Twilight Princess (0%-planned)
ChibiTenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 10-17-2008, 07:40 PM   #752
Katsumiyo
Homework Vigilante
 
Katsumiyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucrezea View Post
Sorry to have inconvenienced anyone with my reponse. It wasn't my intent to look like a fool. I should've committed and read every 50 pages of this topic. Next time I know to be more careful.
I would like to know whatever happened to just a basic, "that was answered a few posts later" type of response. You know, without the clearly condescending undertone and everyone else putting in their two cents. It's a tad ironic that I'm receiving rude responses in a thread about rude comments.
Anyways, carry on with being appalled at how people treat others.
Again, my bad.
The fuck did you respond to me for? I didn't say anything directed at you.
Also, it's not everyone's fault if you were too lazy to look at the post you were responding to, which clearly has the date and time it was posted.
Tuck your tail between your legs and leave, unless you'd like to further humiliate yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE_MaD_hAtTeR_ View Post
Oh my God...they insulted mango, celtic, and katsu D8
Lulz, I'm not insulted. It's not like she called my mom fat or something.
Which, even then, would have been better than what she came up with.
__________________
"Katsu, every time I see your avatar I automatically think, 'Wow, she's really annoyed today!'"
-The Hag
Done | Red Mage Viera
In Progress | Vault 34 Jumpsuit | Sniper Wolf
Planned | Catwoman | Snow White
Cons | ALA | AOD | Cherry Blossom Festival | Fanime
Katsumiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2008, 07:58 PM   #753
Meta77
Hugh Hons AwaY!!!!!
 
Meta77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 625
Meta always pops in late but come on people. dont try to kill each other. cant we keep the discussions clean and friendly ^_^;
__________________
Next cosplays:
Hakumen (blazblue)
Darth nihilus (star wars)
Law (one piece)
Lets rock out until another con[/size]
Meta77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2008, 08:07 PM   #754
Mangochutney
saucy condiment
 
Mangochutney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,220
Are you kidding? I fart rainbows. <3!

OKAY ON-TOPIC TIEMS: ...

...

...crap, everybody's been pretty polite to me while I've been cosplaying lately. Hot damn, world! Gold star for you!
__________________
*
Workin' on:
Tom Petty [Final Fantasy XV] (9%)
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2008, 10:14 PM   #755
4ng31
meh.
 
4ng31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsumiyo View Post
Tuck your tail between your legs and leave, unless you'd like to further humiliate yourself.
Something about this statement right here...it doesn't seem right...

Also,

Quote:
I sooo want to jump in on this "lol@u" action going on here.
must have just been directed at...no one then, right?

srsly...I get the trolling that's going on...but don't be retarded about it...
__________________
4ng31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2008, 10:20 PM   #756
Lolita Minako
Cosmic Gemini Cosplayer
 
Lolita Minako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 224
Hey, guys, let's forget about all that. It really has nothing to do with the topic.

Can we please let bygones be bygones and be friends? I really don't think anyone meant any harm, but sarcasm/humor/etc. does not translate well in text, so it must be one big misunderstanding.

<3

Now, let's share our cosplay comment horror stories!!

Some people at work wanted to see my cosplay portfolio, so I brought it in. The brochure from METROCON 2008 was in there with me in my mascot costume on it. Everyone was like, "Your costumes are nice, but that one makes you look like a stripper." O.o Umm...yeah...I understand that the costume is short and you can see garters (OMG?!), but I can't see how my eyepatch-wearing-sword-wielding-fairy-style costume looked like a stripper.

I was not sure if I should be insulted, humiliated, neither, or both...^^;;
__________________
~*~Cosmic Gemini Cosplay~*~
ACP|Cure #155513|CosplayLab|World Cosplay|Twitter|Tumblr

"Comments on style should not be made by those who have none." ~Emma Carew, Jekyll & Hyde: The Musical

Last edited by Lolita Minako : 10-17-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Lolita Minako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2008, 10:28 PM   #757
Meta77
Hugh Hons AwaY!!!!!
 
Meta77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 625
our if they wanted they could have a brawl over the phone. thats not text XD lol.
Anywho recently i was wearing my sora valor form outfit and someone saw me and was like dude is that michal jackson. while not rude i felt it was as i believe he was drunk and did not reconize me as he plays games alot.
__________________
Next cosplays:
Hakumen (blazblue)
Darth nihilus (star wars)
Law (one piece)
Lets rock out until another con[/size]
Meta77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2008, 10:32 PM   #758
Lolita Minako
Cosmic Gemini Cosplayer
 
Lolita Minako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 224
I have been told by drunks (while eating at Denny's) that I was from the Navy in my Tohru Honda school uniform. Yeah, 'cause you know that mini skirts are part of the dress code now. *rolls eyes*

They also said that my friend (dressed as Kyo with his hair dyed Kyo orange) was David Bowie. We were both exhausted from the convention that weekend and short-tempered from stupid stuff happening right before that, so they were lucky neither of us yelled at them, or worse, LOL. XD
__________________
~*~Cosmic Gemini Cosplay~*~
ACP|Cure #155513|CosplayLab|World Cosplay|Twitter|Tumblr

"Comments on style should not be made by those who have none." ~Emma Carew, Jekyll & Hyde: The Musical
Lolita Minako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2008, 10:32 PM   #759
Katsumiyo
Homework Vigilante
 
Katsumiyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,394
Meh. You guys are right. I've been trolling too much lately. I think I'm gonna park my fat ass in the Video Games area until my need to tell people off on the internet subsides.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolita Minako View Post
Some people at work wanted to see my cosplay portfolio, so I brought it in. The brochure from METROCON 2008 was in there with me in my mascot costume on it. Everyone was like, "Your costumes are nice, but that one makes you look like a stripper." O.o Umm...yeah...I understand that the costume is short and you can see garters (OMG?!), but I can't see how my eyepatch-wearing-sword-wielding-fairy-style costume looked like a stripper.
I was not sure if I should be insulted, humiliated, neither, or both...^^;;
If that was a stripper costume, that would be a hell of a long strip show.
Wooo yeah baby take that eyepatch off! *whistles*
__________________
"Katsu, every time I see your avatar I automatically think, 'Wow, she's really annoyed today!'"
-The Hag
Done | Red Mage Viera
In Progress | Vault 34 Jumpsuit | Sniper Wolf
Planned | Catwoman | Snow White
Cons | ALA | AOD | Cherry Blossom Festival | Fanime
Katsumiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2008, 11:43 PM   #760
nyokun
Difficult? I'll do it!
 
nyokun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,005
I'm not a tiny, size 6 - 12, girl. I remember some of the comments that have been posted/said about my costumes before.

When I went to my second con ever, I think it was FanExpo, before the name change. (anyways) I had dressed as Yo-Yo Yoko from Eirgheiz (a rarely heard of fighting game that allowed you to unlock FFXII characters, it was really cool) so I was wearing a pair of shorts and a short-sleeved police shirt. As I was heading back to my hotel room, some idjits driving down the road had decided it would be fun to comment on my not so thin physique. It kinda hurt, but I just didn't bother doing anything because I was tired.

Another time, I was just wearing a chisongram dress and happened to be carrying a pokemon stuffed toy-style backpack with me. Someone took my photo and assumed that I was in costume. I later found out that I had been posted on a website called anime cafe or something like that. the first comment listed was, again, someone mentioning something along the lines of "oh noes, she's gonna eat that poor pokemon." to which another had replied that I had already had my fill of pokemon and would likely not have to eat for a while.

Regardless, people are going to be jerks, but there's no point in griping, I find it best to be as kind as your able and hope that , perhaps, that gesture will give them a chance to think about their own actions.
__________________
Quote:
Good, Cheap, or Fast
Pick any two...

If its Good and Cheap, it wont be Fast
If its Fast and Cheap, it wont be Good
If its Fast and Good it wont be Cheap
nyokun is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2008, 12:58 AM   #761
Meta77
Hugh Hons AwaY!!!!!
 
Meta77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 625
yes when someone is bigger it seems they are the most commanly focused upon. when it come to cosplay.
__________________
Next cosplays:
Hakumen (blazblue)
Darth nihilus (star wars)
Law (one piece)
Lets rock out until another con[/size]
Meta77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2008, 02:32 AM   #762
celticfreefall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE_MaD_hAtTeR_ View Post
Oh my God...they insulted mango, celtic, and katsu D8
I was going to reply ad length, but, I'll leave it at the fact that their logical fallacies and hypocrisy make my brain tingle with lulz. Not to mention that if I'm being rude, there would be far more butthurt. If I'm being rude, it will blatantly obvious. Besides, I'm a loving person who cares for the neediest feelings, am I right?

Anyways, at the last MI lolita fashion meetup, we actually only had two instances of rudeness/laughter. One was when we ducked into a coffee shop as a group after everyone had arrived to pick up some quick beverages. A few people outside stifled giggles after we'd entered the shop. I was doubly amused, because one of them was reading the novel by Nabokov. After we left, one of the dudes shouted "Au revoir!" after us as we were walking by. I turned to a fellow lolita friend of mine (here's the outfits we were wearing), and said loudly, "French? Wrong freaking country. Wrong freaking continent. Nice try though." I can get the association due to the Rococo influences, but, whaaat? Was I supposed to be insulted? Right then. The only other instance was when we were walking down the street, some guys laughed at us after we walked across the street.

But, honestly? We had ten times more people giving us compliments that day. It was a Univ. of Michigan game day, so there were a bunch of people in the city that day. We literally had one older woman yelling down the street so that we would come back and talk to her. So that she could tell us that we were, "Beautiful! Just lovely, you look like you should be having tea with your Grandmother!" We told her that was basically the idea, and that it was a fashion. She told us to keep up the good work, and that more girls should dress so modestly. She was one of many ladies stopping us on the street that day. We even had a surprising number of teenage girls and gentlemen stopping us for compliments (usually it's older/elder women). So, I don't and didn't really care about the rudeness. Faaaar outweighed by the nice people this time around.

Last edited by celticfreefall : 10-19-2008 at 02:38 AM.
celticfreefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2008, 02:53 AM   #763
RedSonya
The Master of Magnetism
 
RedSonya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 661
After we performed our skit at Anime USA, my friends had to leave the convention early, so I was seeing them off. I was dressed as Ash Ketchum for the skit, and when we were on the escalator, these guy yelled Ash a couple of times. When I realized they were yelling at me, I waved at them, and then out of no where, this guy yells at me "Ash is a pussy!" Not as in "pussy" cat, but the other inappropriate meaning. I was kinda taken back from that comment, but I didnt let it bother me, seeing as I was tired and busy at that time.
__________________
"Now whose the badass biotic, bitch"


Cosplay Plannage
Quorra(Tron Legacy)
Female Ghost (Starcraft II)
Four Eyes (Resident Evil: U.S.S Delta Squad)
Samantha Byrne (Gears of War)
Zatanna (DC Comics)
Kasumi Goto (ME 2)
RedSonya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2008, 11:32 AM   #764
ChibiTenshi
Aww Barf!
 
ChibiTenshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by celticfreefall View Post
I was going to reply ad length, but, I'll leave it at the fact that their logical fallacies and hypocrisy make my brain tingle with lulz. Not to mention that if I'm being rude, there would be far more butthurt. If I'm being rude, it will blatantly obvious. Besides, I'm a loving person who cares for the neediest feelings, am I right?

Anyways, at the last MI lolita fashion meetup, we actually only had two instances of rudeness/laughter. One was when we ducked into a coffee shop as a group after everyone had arrived to pick up some quick beverages. A few people outside stifled giggles after we'd entered the shop. I was doubly amused, because one of them was reading the novel by Nabokov. After we left, one of the dudes shouted "Au revoir!" after us as we were walking by. I turned to a fellow lolita friend of mine (here's the outfits we were wearing), and said loudly, "French? Wrong freaking country. Wrong freaking continent. Nice try though." I can get the association due to the Rococo influences, but, whaaat? Was I supposed to be insulted? Right then. The only other instance was when we were walking down the street, some guys laughed at us after we walked across the street.

But, honestly? We had ten times more people giving us compliments that day. It was a Univ. of Michigan game day, so there were a bunch of people in the city that day. We literally had one older woman yelling down the street so that we would come back and talk to her. So that she could tell us that we were, "Beautiful! Just lovely, you look like you should be having tea with your Grandmother!" We told her that was basically the idea, and that it was a fashion. She told us to keep up the good work, and that more girls should dress so modestly. She was one of many ladies stopping us on the street that day. We even had a surprising number of teenage girls and gentlemen stopping us for compliments (usually it's older/elder women). So, I don't and didn't really care about the rudeness. Faaaar outweighed by the nice people this time around.
You girls looked so adorable! <3 I would've taken lots of pictures if I saw you XD
__________________
Completed Cosplays
Katara fire Nation outfit from Avatar: the last Airbender (100%-finished)
Kasane Teto from Vocaloid 2 (100%-finished)

Planned for 2010:

Ciel Phantomhive from Kuroshitsuji (tentative)
Echo from Pandora Hearts (tentative)
Agitha the Bug Princess from LoZ: Twilight Princess (0%-planned)
ChibiTenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2008, 12:22 PM   #765
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 10,985
This didn't happen to me, as I've never had any rude comments hurled at me when I cosplay, but here's something which I'm not sure if it counts as a rude comment, but you tell me:

At Ohayocon 2006 (or was it 2005) there was a Christian convention going on at the same time as the con, and the attendees of that con mingled into the anime con-area and started conversation with some of the cosplayers. They would start by telling the cosplayers how nice and beautiful their costumes looked, and then ask them how did they make their costume. The cosplayer(s) would then reply by telling them the details of how they made it, with the christian-con-attendee listening "attentively." Then after the cosplayer said a little, the CCA would then say "well, have you ever thought about *blahblahblahblah*" which basically was a sales-pitch to religion, God, Jesus, etc. The person wouldn't talk about the cosplayer or his/her costume anymore, and when the cosplayer said no thanks to what the CCA was offering, the person left..

Since the CCA's intention was just to sales-pitch religion to the cosplayer, I'm sure he/she was not interested in listening on how a person made his/her costume. So even though the compliment may have sounded nice, it was a false-compliment, which I see as being rude. Do you agree with that?
__________________
"This is your job. You want a clear conscience, go start a charity. But if you want your own photography business, and your cosplayer boss says you gotta go out there and take a photo-shoot, go out there, take it, come back to work, and say "DO YOU NEED ME TO DO IT AGAIN?!!"
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.