Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 159 votes, 4.89 average.
Unread 05-18-2008, 09:17 PM   #91
paper cosplay
going 2D in a 3D artform
 
paper cosplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,442
we've addressed the this cosplay is to fat and ugly they shouldn't be cosplaying this character.

what about the other side when a cosplayer is what society would consider attractive and thin. (I do not fall into this group)
Ive seen online and herd in person comments (some post on this site) saying oh their wearing that costume because its revealing and their attention whores. I've seen this mostly with female cospalyers where the slut comment is made.

if we are talking rude comments shouldn't we cover this as well.
__________________
I have no idea whats going on
paper cosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 05-18-2008, 09:30 PM   #92
Mangochutney
saucy condiment
 
Mangochutney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by paper cosplay
if we are talking rude comments shouldn't we cover this as well.
I'd figure you just did, cowboy.
__________________
*
Workin' on:
Tom Petty [Final Fantasy XV] (9%)
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2008, 09:49 PM   #93
paper cosplay
going 2D in a 3D artform
 
paper cosplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangochutney View Post
I'd figure you just did, cowboy.
well I just want to open the discussion to it. I should have stated that better.

heres anther rude cosplayer on cosplayer comment I get tired of hearing.

"that costumes over done."

my view so what if there theres a bunch of Ls and narutos running around. if your doing something different how dose it effect you it makes you more unique and if your doing the same cosplay then you should not be making that comment. if yours is better done then you will stick out.
__________________
I have no idea whats going on
paper cosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2008, 10:08 PM   #94
stefaneko
Registered User
 
stefaneko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 223
I get annoyed with people stereotyping you as a certain type of fan just because of a costume. Like, thinking someone is dressed from Naruto, so they MUST be a hyperactive dumbass, or someone is dressed from Death Note, so they MUST be an emo. It's vaguely annoying to me.

Also, I'm annoyed with having to finish a tedious part of the costume before you make the main part. Urghh.
stefaneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2008, 01:16 AM   #95
danayoki
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 160
Quote:
I get annoyed with people stereotyping you as a certain type of fan just because of a costume. Like, thinking someone is dressed from Naruto, so they MUST be a hyperactive dumbass, or someone is dressed from Death Note, so they MUST be an emo. It's vaguely annoying to me.

Also, I'm annoyed with having to finish a tedious part of the costume before you make the main part. Urghh.
That's something I've been hearing for a long time. My friends and I are going to be cosplaying Naruto, but we are not Narutards, (ok maybe ONE of us is >_>) no matter how much we love the show, whatsoever...
danayoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2008, 01:43 AM   #96
Mandarin Orange
Lurker
 
Mandarin Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 50
I didn't realize how much it truly bothered me to see people make fun of other cosplayers. My brother's friend kept making all these snide, snotty comments about EVERYONE, basically everything that's been mentioned already about "she's too fat" "it's overdone" or "this is so pathetic."

But it's like...I walk around cons and I get really happy to see everyone in their costumes, no matter what they look like. I think it's awesome that we have a community if people that has such a fun and unique trend. So, armed with affection for my fellow cosplayers, I got into his face and I bitched him out. i told him he was being a snot.

He didn't have much to say about anyone the rest of the con after that XD
__________________
My shameless walking advertisement: If you have facebook, join my group :3

http://artic.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2433170147

cosplay whores!
Mandarin Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2008, 01:54 AM   #97
Neberkanezer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12
All you really have to do is remember you are probably going to never see the person who does it again in your life.
Neberkanezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2008, 02:04 AM   #98
AstaChan
CODENAME "ZEKE"
 
AstaChan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 663
I never really got any rude comment from here or even at the con, But the first time I did the shoot with my photographer (I was wearing Sakura from Naruto Shippuden) this guy came up to me and the conversations went like this;

Guy :: How much?
Me :: Excuse me?
Guy :: I asked you how much for like a hour?
Me :: I don't know what you talking about,sir.
--then my photogrphaer walked in--
Photographer :: need help?
Guy :: hey, *uck off,dude I found her first!
Me :: This guy asked me how much. I have know *ucking clue what he's talking about.
Photograper :: *laught and then whispered to me* he think you're a hooker.
Me :: ........ *turn around to that guy* .... hey *sshole, why don't you call your mother and ask her same thing!!

*then I walked off back to my photographer car*

Seriously, That might be the worst moment ever in my life - -|||
(Sorry for the F word, I'm trying to censer it)
__________________
.:AstaChan:.
My Full Cosplay Lists
My dA | My Youtube | My LJ

2010 Convention Plan
AnimeNext | Otakon | NYAF

Last edited by AstaChan : 05-19-2008 at 02:06 AM. Reason: typo ;__;
AstaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2008, 02:09 AM   #99
Neberkanezer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12
If a you saw a guy running outside in the middle of the city full speed with nothing on but underwear, would you stare at him? Well that's what it's like for normal people seeing cosplayers wearing flashy anime clothing, you have to realize you are going to get stared at & ridiculed for it if you dress up in public areas. It's just the way the world works, just tell them "Hey I may not be the looker and I look like a nerd but at least i'm having fun and have more balls than you for dressing like this in public." That will almost always make them shut up or walk way getting one last insult in.
Neberkanezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2008, 02:19 AM   #100
AstaChan
CODENAME "ZEKE"
 
AstaChan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 663
True what you are saying Neberkanezer.
I guess I just have to rolled eyes with their stares. And just ignored those people then. (the stared I don't really care, but call me a hooker?.....lmao....)
__________________
.:AstaChan:.
My Full Cosplay Lists
My dA | My Youtube | My LJ

2010 Convention Plan
AnimeNext | Otakon | NYAF
AstaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2008, 02:26 AM   #101
danayoki
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 160
Quote:
I never really got any rude comment from here or even at the con, But the first time I did the shoot with my photographer (I was wearing Sakura from Naruto Shippuden) this guy came up to me and the conversations went like this;

Guy :: How much?
Me :: Excuse me?
Guy :: I asked you how much for like a hour?
Me :: I don't know what you talking about,sir.
--then my photogrphaer walked in--
Photographer :: need help?
Guy :: hey, *uck off,dude I found her first!
Me :: This guy asked me how much. I have know *ucking clue what he's talking about.
Photograper :: *laught and then whispered to me* he think you're a hooker.
Me :: ........ *turn around to that guy* .... hey *sshole, why don't you call your mother and ask her same thing!!

*then I walked off back to my photographer car*

Seriously, That might be the worst moment ever in my life - -|||
OhMyGawd...
O____O
xDDD it had me falling to the ground laughing xDDD
any tips? im cosplaying sakura in the future xDD

Quote:
(Sorry for the F word, I'm trying to censer it)
lol nah its fine ^^

Quote:
If a you saw a guy running outside in the middle of the city full speed with nothing on but underwear, would you stare at him? Well that's what it's like for normal people seeing cosplayers wearing flashy anime clothing, you have to realize you are going to get stared at & ridiculed for it if you dress up in public areas. It's just the way the world works, just tell them "Hey I may not be the looker and I look like a nerd but at least i'm having fun and have more balls than you for dressing like this in public." That will almost always make them shut up or walk way getting one last insult in.
I've said this too many times!!
this is a thread for people to share hose comments/moments...if you have a problem with that you shouldn't even be on here!
we understand that we will always get rude comments and stares and glares if we cosplay out in public. don't need to point out what we already know -_-...
danayoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2008, 02:34 AM   #102
danayoki
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 160
Quote:
(the stared I don't really care, but call me a hooker?.....lmao....)
xDDDDD
most people in my town (ok fine CITY [[big one]]>_>...in my neighborhood) are pretty nice...and I don't think they would randomly or without thinking shout out a rude comment xDD
danayoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2008, 02:54 AM   #103
AstaChan
CODENAME "ZEKE"
 
AstaChan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 663
danayoki :: you know, If my sakura cosplay look like a hooker, I don't even want to think about My Gunner Yuna, lol. But I don't mind give you tips for Sakura Cosplay XD If you need help just PM me! I'm gladly to help! XDXD

My town is quite small and rarely see random stuff(like me :[]???) So may be that's why,too =[]=?
__________________
.:AstaChan:.
My Full Cosplay Lists
My dA | My Youtube | My LJ

2010 Convention Plan
AnimeNext | Otakon | NYAF
AstaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2008, 03:33 AM   #104
SSPrincess
Miscellaneously Myself
 
SSPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by paper cosplay View Post
we've addressed the this cosplay is to fat and ugly they shouldn't be cosplaying this character.

what about the other side when a cosplayer is what society would consider attractive and thin. (I do not fall into this group)
Ive seen online and herd in person comments (some post on this site) saying oh their wearing that costume because its revealing and their attention whores. I've seen this mostly with female cospalyers where the slut comment is made.

if we are talking rude comments shouldn't we cover this as well.
I fall into that category, but as is I can't sew too well yet and my few cosplays are either clothing that normal people wear(Air Gear) or crossplaying, but I usually get a few stares if I walk around with my automail on. I haven't gotten any rude comments yet....but I imagine I will as people are immature. However it is rude to hear comments like 'eat something' which is partially the reason why I don't do cosplays like that. I can't help my gentics any more than someone who is heavy-set can.

More or less, if you don't have anything nice to say...shut your trap or I'll shut it for you. =)
__________________
'Be thou for the people' apparently means that you have to sit on the ground in 82 degree weather trying to transmute Sasuke, money, sandwiches, weapons, the Deathnote, and a number of other things. XD
SSPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2008, 04:19 AM   #105
Kailyn
The Alpha Bitch
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 456
XD. You know, no matter WHAT you do, there's always gonna be somebody that doesn't like you. It doesn't matter if you're fat, thin, pretty, ugly, blah, blah or whatever, there's always gonna be that one person that's gonna dislike you. In my mind, you can't please everyone and win so why sweat the small stuff? Especially when you have bigger things to worry about... like finish making your costume. xD
__________________
Up and coming cosplays: Saturday 25th October: Kyo Myaku inspired/Myaku Alternate. Sunday 26th October: TBC.

Last edited by Kailyn : 05-19-2008 at 07:05 AM.
Kailyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.