Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Unread 05-24-2008, 08:52 PM   #1
Kiotoko_Solo
HEY! LIS-.. *shot*

Unhappy Need Link Cosplay Help

oh dear~ i really need help with this ;_; I tried one pattern that i thought would work, it's Simplicity Renaissance 4059 (which it's the pattern i'm using for an Ike cosplay for my friend but modified) but it epicly failed cause it doesn't fit how i would like it to T_T. I'm usually good at modifying patterns but the arm holes in this one threw me a curve :/

For anyone who has already done a Link Cosplay (from Twilight Princess but really any link cosplayer) what pattern would you recommend would be closest to what i need it to be? (For the green doublet like thing.)

Also wigs are a big thing with me, i have to have the perfect wig or it ruins the cosplay. I'm thinking about getting a Wisp from Cosworx. Do you think it would do nicely? or will it be small like the Scuffy wigs turned out to be. (for fat heads like mine atleast >_<)

Much thankies to anyone who replies

Awards won:
MechaCon IV Cosplay Contest: Best in Show
LouisiANIME Cosplay Contest: Best Craftsmanship Award
LouisiANIME Ball Room Contets: 3rd and 2nd place
Animania April 2010: 1st Place
Kiotoko_Solo is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-24-2008, 09:01 PM   #2
gamekommander

I don't know anything about cosplaying, but i'm learning. I can at least refer you over to the people at The Legend of Zelda Cosplay thread.
gamekommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2008, 11:33 PM   #3
Kiotoko_Solo
HEY! LIS-.. *shot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamekommander View Post
I don't know anything about cosplaying, but i'm learning. I can at least refer you over to the people at The Legend of Zelda Cosplay thread.
I've already check there and couldn't find what i was looking for, but still many thanks for your reply ^A^

Awards won:
Unread 05-25-2008, 12:21 AM   #4
akuriko
Awake For The Moment

Seriously, if you'd posted the same question in the Zelda thread, someone would've answered it for you. I personally make my own sewing patterns, so I couldn't tell you which pattern would work best. Also, the Wisp is a definite good choice for a Link wig. :3 If you were to elaborate on the exact problem you're having with the tunic, me, or someone who's actually done a Link costume would be happy to help you. But we'd prefer if you could post it there in the Zelda thread. =) Good luck with your costume.
akuriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2008, 11:44 AM   #5
Kiotoko_Solo
HEY! LIS-.. *shot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by akuriko View Post
Seriously, if you'd posted the same question in the Zelda thread, someone would've answered it for you. I personally make my own sewing patterns, so I couldn't tell you which pattern would work best. Also, the Wisp is a definite good choice for a Link wig. :3 If you were to elaborate on the exact problem you're having with the tunic, me, or someone who's actually done a Link costume would be happy to help you. But we'd prefer if you could post it there in the Zelda thread. =) Good luck with your costume.
much thankies. I didn't think about it at the moment, i was too mad with my epicly failed tunic the first time XD but thankies for you reply on the wig, i'm really considering it now ^_^

Awards won: