Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Unread 06-24-2003, 09:08 PM   #1
Skullez
BOO !!

Talking Edward Scissorhands ! =^.^= !

This year at Dragon Con I hopefuly will try and acheve a long dream of makeing a edward scissorhands costume! im so obsesed w/ this movie its just so beautiful ! But yes...i have a like huge doll of edward that shows amazing detale to hims costume! ..but one thing is how the helll can i keep cool in this thing!!
i might half to get another hair cut and a re-color done when i go, but its worth it! =^.^= !
i hope it might win the costume contest they have but again..thats if i can get this done right!
i just need some old belts!!! belts w/ lots of metal holes in them ! ..
that woudl work out great fo rme.

I already have boots for teh job and pants as well..i just need chain links! where can i get those!?!?!
i see none what so ever..and for a finishing touch i saw on a comentary...ducktape ! =^.^= !!
Skullez is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-24-2003, 10:19 PM   #2
BlueLady
slightly distracted

good luck with that. There has been a few that I've seen and they always turn out increadible. I can't wait to see it when its done!
Unread 06-24-2003, 10:25 PM   #3
Skullez
BOO !!

thanks =^.^= ! the nyl problem is the Scissor hands. I dono if i can make them. or even brign the to the con cuz they are sharp. if not i can make then from alluminum..or whatever. =^.^= !
Skullez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2003, 11:04 PM   #4
Nachoman
Workmanship Nazi

I wouldn't make the scissor-gloves out of metal, in the first place. No matter if its dead-steel, you would be a danger for yourself and others (and then there are the con policies, which you should check in the con's website).
If it happened to be one of those absolutely-no-weapons con, then don't even think about it, not even in wood, paper-mache, or fibreglass. And if the con Does have a certain leniency toward carrying weapons, consider only using the materials above.
Be very careful on your decitions, as a wrong one might even prove to be illegal.
Nachoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2003, 12:16 AM   #5
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Quote:
Originally posted by Nachoman
I wouldn't make the scissor-gloves out of metal, in the first place. No matter if its dead-steel, you would be a danger for yourself and others (and then there are the con policies, which you should check in the con's website).
If it happened to be one of those absolutely-no-weapons con, then don't even think about it, not even in wood, paper-mache, or fibreglass. And if the con Does have a certain leniency toward carrying weapons, consider only using the materials above.
Be very careful on your decitions, as a wrong one might even prove to be illegal.
Good point Nachoman. (Nice to "see" you here BTW!

I'd suggest making them out of styrene. Also you make a mold using some old metal scissors and cast some out of rubber. Use 18 guage florist wire when you cast them. It will help keep them in shape.

Just an idea!
Cheers!
~Kaijugal

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote