Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Fanime

Unread 06-25-2003, 05:48 PM   #1
positivespace
Foam Pool Noodle

Home video of Der Cosplay? Anyone?

If you went you know how crazy the camera movements got from the Fanime-sanctioned camera (I had to look away a few times when I felt headaches coming on). Just wondering if any of you have it on tape?

If you do and you're willing to make a copy of it I'd be more than happy to kick some cash flow down for the trouble/postage/materials, etc.

My girls and I are insanely curious as to how we looked on stage.

Thanks in advance! =)

Unread 06-26-2003, 02:14 AM   #2
Raider3
That Black Jack Guy

I enlisted a friend to handle my video camera and tape just the skits (omitting the AMVs, and just about everything else...)

Now I have to go through the tapes, I got it down to 2 120 minute Hi8 tapes from a Digital8 camcorder (meaning about 2 hours of stuff) - I did my group's skit (Fallen Stars - the PSO Rappy "Yatta" quest) as a video transfer to Mpeg-2, and it turned out rather well, despite needing a few color/brightness tweaks.

I'll add it to the backlog with Ani-Magic 2002 and see what I can do. I foresee myself taking some time to work with it after AX.
Raider3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2003, 03:01 AM   #3
positivespace
Foam Pool Noodle

I can definitely be patient (to an extent LOL)... thanks for the info! =)
positivespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2003, 09:54 PM   #4
Mandy Mitchell
Mars Fire Ignite!

Fanime usually comes out with a Der Cosplay video which you can purchase from them. It will be announced on the website. You'll have to wait until they're done making this year's video. I purchased the Der Cosplay video from 2002 so I'm pretty sure they'll do it again.
Mandy Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2003, 10:35 PM   #5
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

I wonder if the tape of the masquerade that Fanime provides will be from what the audience saw, which was the POV of the cameraman running back n' forth in front of the audience, trying to get the cosplayers from different angles. A lot of people were complaining about this, since it looked very shaky & unprofessional. (The subject was brought up at the con-gripe on Sunday) And the other camera that was showing the visual feed to the audience was black and white. Was there another person from the Fanime staff videotaping the masquerade or will the official tape be what the audience saw on the screens? Just curious, since I would like to get a copy of the masqy myself, being how this was one of the few instances where I was participating IN the masquerade and not in the audience, taping it for me & my friends. (Sorry to those of you who know me and usually get your at-con copies of the masquerade before you leave Sunday.. I'll do my best to make-up for it at AX)
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2003, 12:59 AM   #6
positivespace
Foam Pool Noodle

I believe I read on the Fanime board that the official tape may take a long time to come out because heavy editting would be necessary. This was due to the single camera man that you spoke of in your post, Eurobeat King.

I got the impression that the tape probably wouldn't be that much greater than what the audience experienced on the screens that night... which is why I'm asking around for home videos. ;D
Unread 06-28-2003, 01:39 PM   #7
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Positivespace: You are right, in that sense. I sorta wish that the masquerade this year was still inside the 2nd floor auditorium, like previous years, since the seating is better, even though there's less seats, but wherever you sit you get a good shot of the stage, and I've always enjoyed videotaping the Fanime masqy from inside the auditorium. This year with the larger room they had it in, it reminded me of all the other larger-sized conventions I go to where the seating stretches far back, and most of the audience has to watch it on the video-screens. Plus the seats are all level, so videotaping it means you have to use a tripod or else you'll get peoples' heads in the shot.

I think Lionel got a good copy of the masquerade, so I'm going to ask him to make me one.
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2003, 12:23 AM   #8
positivespace
Foam Pool Noodle

Well, if you find that Lionel wants to make another copy... tell him I'd be more than willing to shell some cash out for it. =)

(P.S. Did I tell you it was nice meeting you at Fanime? If not... it was nice meeting you! Thanks for the pics!)