Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Hellsing

Unread 06-01-2008, 02:47 PM   #1
CezzaXV
OOOH! SHOCK TREATMENT!

Young Walter - Hellsing

Hi guys,

I'm cosplaying the 14 year old Walter from Hellsing The Dawn, which I'm really looking forward to. The problem is, although I'm a huge Hellsing fan, I haven't actually read the Dawn, nor have I watched the OVA, which I know has bits of young Walter in.

Looking at the reference pictures and clips on youtube, there are a few details that have me wondering.

As far as his gloves are concerned, I'm not sure what to do. He has something there, but I can't figure out whether he's wearing white gloves underneath the black gloves, or whether he's wearing metal rings over the top. The reference pictures don't really indicate one way or the other, and I've seen cosplayers do it both ways.

Also, the tie. Is it red or black? Reference pictures don't really indicate either way, and I've seen cosplayers do it both ways as well. Is one way right, or is it just a matter of personal taste?

Any Hellsing fans out there who can help me?

Unread 06-02-2008, 09:43 PM   #2
LordMoufMouf
From another era....

I think it's time for you to go dig up the Dawn and give it a read. I think it's important for a cosplayer to be reasonable well-versed in whatever character/style/fashion era they wish to play.

As for stylistic choices, it's all up to you and what resources you have on hand. I would layer a pair of white gloves under the black, but if you can find multiple rings that will go that far down on your finger, you can try that. I've always imagined Young Walter as a bit of a fop, so I would have plenty of excess metal adornments anyway. Never feel afraid to bring a touch of your own personal style to the costume.

The tie? Well, it would depend on what the color pallet is for the rest of the outfit. If there was no other red in the costume, I wouldn't make the tie red.

http://stagsleap.deviantart.com
"Polite Frivolity" - Art, Life, Horses, and Ballet Blog

AOD~SF Cherry Blossom Festival~Gaskell Ball~Fanime~Clockwork Alchemy~Nova Albion~Handcar Regatta~Vintage Invasion

Princess Tutu~Sebastian Michaelis~Steampunk~NeoVictorian~Historical

LordMoufMouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2008, 04:20 AM   #3
CezzaXV
OOOH! SHOCK TREATMENT!

I'm more than up for reading The Dawn, but they haven't released it in English yet, have they? I've never really been one for reading fan translations.

I already own both a black and a red tie, but I can't decide which I like the best. Although there's no other red in the costume, I think it looks too monochrome with the black. Although I do like the way the black looks *facepalm*
Unread 06-07-2008, 01:15 AM   #4
FyreGothChylde
Memento Mori

In most of the pics I've seen of him, I think I've mainly seen him with a red tie..but I think you could do it either way really.
I made my friend into a young Walter and for the gloves I simply hand sewed white material around the fingers..though doing that can be a bit of a pain..>.<

In progress-
Albedo Piazzolla-Xenosaga
Muraki Kazutaka-Yami no matsuei
Naberius"The Bloody" Librum-OC
Ayatane Michitaka-Ar Tonelico
FyreGothChylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2008, 01:37 PM   #5
CezzaXV
OOOH! SHOCK TREATMENT!

I have a load of white gloves lying around, so it should be a simple case to wear one pair of gloves under the others (she says :P)

I've noticed that cosplayers tend to do the tie both ways, and since the only decent reference pictures I can find are from the manga, in black and white, I don't know which way it's supposed to be.
Unread 02-20-2014, 02:40 PM   #6
RozeCosplay

I got a question about his strings of doom? How to make them go multple at the same time,I here alot of people use dental floss