Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop

Unread 06-26-2003, 01:47 AM   #1
Sarial

Lightbulb Me dressed up as mana! need comments and suggestions

Please help a little boy out!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0620c002.jpg (16.8 KB, 150 views)
Sarial is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-26-2003, 01:53 AM   #2
soshi
onna kaizoku

uh.. what do you want suggestions on? I helped a friend make that costume, and so I have all of the details memorized...

just from glancing at the costume, I would make your skirt much, much fuller. you shouldn't be able to see the fabric underneath at all. do you have the train? I can't tell, my monitor's busted and really dark - if not, I'd put that on asap, as it's a big part of the costume. I would also make an attempt at poofing out the pony tails, and get your makeup on better - any other costume it would be fine, but since that costume is all white, your face HAS to be totally white or it will show up very clearly.

and don't smile, man, you're Mana. =P

overall, very cute. if you want the design nit-picked, tell me.

And yes, this means you.
soshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2003, 01:59 AM   #3
Sarial

Ya i know abou the skirt....
My costum made petticoat never came...so i used a tutu.....
I do have a train but it was rubbing on the ground so going to need to cut it a inch...
White face make up is sooooo hard! was trying to find geisha face paint but NOONE sells it online or even in japan town in sanfransico (all touristy)
this picture was from fanime 2003 so it was a test run...
AX will be much more importent to me ^ - ^
im a freak...sorry....new to cosplaying
ITS NOT THAT IMPORTENT....gotta keep telling myself that...
but still want it to be perfect
any suggestions on how to make high heels hurt less.....
oh ya....i know i need to poof out the hair falls....their mean to me....hold me!
Unread 06-26-2003, 04:03 AM   #4
soshi
onna kaizoku

white face makeup is rather easy to find - there's even a sticky in this forum about applying it, I would assume they have help finding some in there, too. if not, just search "Ben Nye makeup" in any search engine and you'll get something.

if you want it to be perfect, go ahead and improve on the stuff you say you know is off...? ^^;

And yes, this means you.
soshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2003, 01:41 PM   #5
domestik
pudding king

*points* I KNOW YOU! Er... kinda. I think I was in Kyo when I ran up to you for a photo. x_x; Or... was that... Michael?

Um. I really have no advice because I suck like that so... yes. Good luck to you and your outfit. @_@
Unread 06-26-2003, 10:43 PM   #6
Sarial

You took my picture? Aww thank you! I LOVE MY PICTURE taken....i think it's kinda sad how much....i get all giddy ]
Soshi brought up i shouldnt smile....but you see...i get all warm and tingly.................excuse the excitment....
Unread 06-26-2003, 11:37 PM   #7
Sarial

Ya know...another question....
Im wearing 7 inch high heels...im 260 lbs....Anyway to make my feel hurt a tad less.......ANYTHING would help.....
Unread 06-26-2003, 11:42 PM   #8
domestik
pudding king

Yep yep. Whenever I get the pictures uploaded I'll send you the URL. ^^;;

As for the heels: I feel your pain. I mean, I'm half your size and weight and my heels are only 6-6 1/2 inches but MAN the mofos HURT! My advice is just....... sit down. A LOT. To take the pressure off of your feet. Of course this is impossible if you're being swamped for photos or have to walk around to get to places but... eh... it's the best advice I have. XD;

Heels are just a bizznatch to deal with. Period. ^^; Feel and share da pain, bruthaman!

.... feel free to kick me at any time. I'm such a DORK. o__O

Oh! Duh. And the smiling OOC Mana thing! I know how that is too. Except... I can do the no-smiling, stoic, blank-faced thing pretty well since... it's one of my typical expressions since I space out a lot. o_O;; I don't have any advice to clamp down on the whole smiling bit since I don't have a problem with it... but... I guess just try NOT to smile? X_x;

Last edited by domestik : 06-26-2003 at 11:46 PM.
domestik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2003, 12:25 AM   #9
Sarial

Im just a shy little boy deep inside.....which brings out the smiling freak that seems to give off that impression that im going to kill everything that is cuter then me! brrrrrrrrrrrr.....but ya...i am a dork...*raises his hands* ohhh ya.....but the dorkiness wears off when i bump my head into the top of the door...
Buzzzzzzzzzzzzz
So your going to be attending AX i take it....TAKE A PICTURE OF ME AGIAN! i will show you how dazed and confused i can be!

Just taking off the shoes would be bad, huh? noone likes smelly men feet.....even though women sell their used socks and shoes on ebay for a good price.....(one of the many weird conversations i have had)
i like to to hear my own typing to much....not much to read here...but im new to these forums and i do wish to be a part of the family!
....intill im flammed, then i will go into my cave and hide for a bit.....
it wont be long...*feels the fire in the air*
Unread 06-27-2003, 12:37 AM   #10
domestik
pudding king

Dude. I don't wanna smell smelly feet PERIOD. I don't care if you're a he, she or an IT. *laughs*

But yanno.. that's nature (kinda) for ya? YOU CANNOT ESCAPE THE TOXIC AROMA OF FEET DYING IN PLATFORMS, HEELS OR BOOTS!

So... just purchase in those aroma balls for your shoes and you should be set to go for floral-smelling feet and shoes!

I have useless advice, I know.

Yeaaaah. I'm gonna be attending AX. And sure I'll take your picture again. ^^ Hopefully I won't forget my cameras and stuff for AX, since it's get REALLY insane...

I was good at Fanime though! Had film, cameras and everything! x_x
Unread 06-27-2003, 05:03 PM   #11
Sarial

Dont forget batteries......

damn....you leave me NOTHING to ramble on about!
You win!
Dork =^ - ^=
Unread 06-27-2003, 05:08 PM   #12
Sarial

NO WAIT! I DO HAVE SOMETHING
AX is so much better....yes its more commercial....yes their alittle stricter and for me....fanime was 15 min drive...AX....6-7 hour drive...and 237 dollars more to stay wed-sunday...speaking in which...next year im going to have to go alone....wonder if it would be safe for a little boy like me to come on here and ask like 3 people to split a room with me....
But most importent....alot more cosplayers, and thats 3/4ths the battle.
and OMG The dealer rooms actually have people selling things cheap! fanime....no selection.....
oh well.....
For a 4 day cosplay event.........is it ok to have two costumes................and use the hotels cleaning facility to wash each after use....
here is my point....i know everyone will think your not smart enough to use the hotels cleaning facility...soo......is it wrong to wear 2 costumes in 4 days...

Last edited by Sarial : 06-27-2003 at 05:13 PM.
Sarial is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2003, 10:46 PM   #13
die-sama
xxxxx

wow....

at first i just thought the girl was reALLY short
but wow ur tall!! O_O

good job ne!!

yea i just agree w/ soshi. fuller skirt
and dont be afraid of tulle honey XD
u aint see tulle until u've met me XD once i nearly ripped my dress from someone stepping on my tulle ;;-;;
dont worry
XD i think i'm one of the most annoying ppl when it comes to "taking up too much room in the hallway' xD
yes con-staff wants to murder me >D
die-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2003, 03:37 AM   #14
Sarial

Tulle huh? maybe i shall look into that
but for some reason my mind just goes to a blank and thinking about my lady friend....
she would trample all in her path to jump ontop of you as Miyabi........sometimes there is need for holding someone down....
she doesnt care if there female or male.......she see's someone dressed as well as you are in your Miyabi cosplay....she gonna take you down...
Anywho....can't think now...all i see is a movie running over and over in my head, of her attacking you...
she needs to calm down....its not healthy to be that obbsessed even if its Miyabi...
Unread 06-29-2003, 02:07 AM   #15
domestik
pudding king

I once got a flying leap tackle glomp of death when I was Kyo... scary. SCAAARYYYYY. But hey, at least the chick stopped JUST as she was gonna bowl me over, TOLD me she was gonna have to glomp me, and did so.

At least I had SOME warning. x_x

Oh. Uh.. were we talking about Miyabi? Riiighty-o! Miyaaabii, Miyaaaviii... Die makes a great anyone. o_o;