Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AnimeFEST

Unread 06-03-2008, 05:16 PM   #1
xmstreefromhell

Devil May Cry '08

Helloooo, I remember seeing some pretty serious DMC cosplay last year, and also at A-kon, and was wondering if anyone is going to cosplay DMC this year?

And if so, photoshoot/gathering? =DDD

I myself will be cosplaying Dante from DMC 3 with a Vergil, and it'd be great to see some other cosplayers in DMC gear.

Anyone? :]
xmstreefromhell is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-10-2008, 01:58 PM   #2
Pomatos
...what? >_>;

I'm gonna be Xmastreefromhell's Vergil :33
Pomatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2008, 05:18 PM   #3
Phoenix_Kasai
class w/a touch of danger

I've got the photographer!!!

Hey guys!!

I'm totally up for DMC cosplay at A-Fest!! I've got an amazing photographer (I've had 3 photoshoots with her) but she's never done cos shoots but wants to start! I told her A-fest might be the place to start and here we are!!

Unfortunatly another cosplayer set up a photoshoot for A-kon but most of us missed it for one reason or another. So hopefully we will get some people from that missed out on that photoshoot to come to this one.

The photoshoot will be saturday but I don't have a specific time or place to meet. I've gone to a-kon for several years but never A-Fest so if anyone has a meeting spot suggestion let me know!!

p.s. I would love to get everyones numbers before the con so we can find each other the day of!!
Phoenix_Kasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2008, 09:52 PM   #4
xmstreefromhell

Hooray! ^___^

If we're doing this Saturday, any time but noon and whenever the cosplay contest is would be perfectly fine with me. As for a location, I have no idea. Two years of A-fest and I still don't know my way around very well XD So I'm open to suggestions :]
Unread 06-18-2008, 09:57 PM   #5
Pomatos
...what? >_>;

I request that we pretty please don't have it out side. XD; it wouldn't be too bad taking some photos outside, maybe by the trains but not for too long XD not with those leather coats. but maybe for a place to have it how abuot that hall wayish thing leading from the trains to the con? its got cool lighting :3

A-kon 10
Maylene - Kuroshitsuji
Yoko Littner - Gurren Lagann

AnimeFEST 10
Oz-Pandora Hearts

Oni-Con 10
Chii - Tsubasa
Ada - Pnadora Hearts
Unread 06-19-2008, 02:24 AM   #6
LordDraco3
On a mission

I'll be there! I'd be glad to give my number to whoever will be the main organizer of this meeting. I've also been to A-Fest a couple of times, and I think the rooftop would be a pretty sweet place if we wanted photos. There are also a few other nice places away from con traffic and outside around the hotel.

The weather should be fairly cool in November, and I know for sure they keep the AC on full blast, I freeze my ass off EVERY year I go!
LordDraco3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2008, 10:16 PM   #7
Pomatos
...what? >_>;

So, do we have a time for the shoot yet? If its possable i think it would be cool to have the shoot around dinner time so we can go get pizza XD. It would make for awesome photos for Dante. And pizza is just good. Theres a pretty good pizza place in the Plaza of the Americas about 1 - 3 (not really sure) train stops from the con. Or we could always just order some if we don't wanna take the train XD but i think having pizza for the DMC shoot would just be epic.

A-kon 10
Maylene - Kuroshitsuji

AnimeFEST 10
Oz-Pandora Hearts

Oni-Con 10
Chii - Tsubasa
Ada - Pnadora Hearts
Unread 07-05-2008, 01:40 PM   #8
LordDraco3
On a mission

Finding a CiCi's or something would be pretty awesome. But the problem with going places away from the con would be...no shirt, no service LOL
I would preffer to not get yelled at by another cop, haha
LordDraco3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2008, 02:08 PM   #9
Pomatos
...what? >_>;

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDraco3 View Post
Finding a CiCi's or something would be pretty awesome. But the problem with going places away from the con would be...no shirt, no service LOL
I would preffer to not get yelled at by another cop, haha
oh yeaaaaah, i forgot about that little thing with Dantes costume XD; well, Xmastreefromhell and myself might be able to go out and get pizza before the shoot... or we could just have it divliered to us.
:3 ...i just want pizza XD con food sucks and its DMC, we need pizza. so, i'll see if we can get some pizza =D i'm guessing it will be plane cheese if we manage to get some. just cuz most everyone will eat cheese and remembering what everyone likes would kill my brain.

A-kon 10
Maylene - Kuroshitsuji

AnimeFEST 10
Oz-Pandora Hearts

Oni-Con 10
Chii - Tsubasa
Ada - Pnadora Hearts
Unread 07-09-2008, 02:40 PM   #10
Phoenix_Kasai

Pomatos -- I was totally thinking about the pizza thing!!!

Ok guys!!! Sorry to get back to this forum so late but its been crazy between cons and I'm in the process of making a Yuuko kimono (ahh!!) and the photographer has been taking some wedding pictures in central america... so again, my appologies.

What time is good for everyone? I'm thinking either in morning (10:30ish) or around 5. Since I've never been to A-Fest, (and honestly the site isn't all that helpful) when is the hall contest (if there is one) and the evening cosplay contest? It would be awesome if we could do a walk-on but I know not everyone is compfortable with that. Really, I think the contests and what not will determine what time we have the photoshoot.

Last thing, FYI- this photographer isn't just one of my friends who is doing this for free.. I am PAYING for this.. literally $150 per hour.. yes she is really good, (PM me and I'll send you a link to her stuff she has done of me before; I'm also going to squeeze in a shoot or two following/before our DMC shoot to get my money's worth!.) B/c of that I'm becoming more of a broke otaku so if anyone wants to pitch in a couple bucks towards her bill (or at least the pizza) that would be totally awesome!! ^_^ So.. if you can great! If not, I totally understand! I'm kinda stressed, but I don't want any of my new DMC friends to be stressed either!

Website
Facebook Page
ACParadise
Unread 07-09-2008, 06:28 PM   #11
Pomatos
...what? >_>;

ok, yeah, we're so getting pizza now XD me and xmastreefromhell will most likely get the pizza delivered to our room a little before the shoot. ....it might be a little not-warm by the time of the shoot XD;;; BUT ITS STILL PIZZA!

ndfgiofghfg @__@ woa. now that i know theres gonna be a PAID photographer at the shoot i will like put my heart into my Vergil costume! XD i'm not suuuure if i will have some money to chip in for the photographer (thanks to how freakin expensive cosplay is) but i will try my best to save at least a little. xfbgiudgfdindf this is gonna be amazing @____@

and for the shoot time, for myself, and most likely xmastreefromhell too, 5 might be better. we have a shoot we need to go to at noon that day. i know its a lot of time between 10:30 and 12:00 but i have to near wrap half my body in bandages for the noon shoot @_@ and i'm not sure how long that will take. and also pizza for breckfast would be kinda odd XD so, my vote is for 5! =D

and i have no clue when the cosplay contest is gonna be. the AF people havn't said yet as far as i know. though if it were satruday that would be own cause xmastreefromhell and myself plan on doing a DMC walk on :3

SO YEAH, CAN'T WAIT TILL THE SHOOT NOW =D

A-kon 10
Maylene - Kuroshitsuji

AnimeFEST 10
Oz-Pandora Hearts

Oni-Con 10
Chii - Tsubasa
Ada - Pnadora Hearts
Unread 07-10-2008, 12:47 PM   #12
xmstreefromhell

Oh snap, PAID photographer? WHOA. This is gonna rock.

I'm completely willing to pay for pizza, I just need to know what everyone wants for toppings beforehand! PM with what you want on yours so I can make a list.

As for a photoshoot time, 10:30 doesn't sound good with my schedule (As Pomatos mentioned), but I'm not sure that 5 will work well either, considering last year the cosplay rehearsal was at 4:00, and you can never really tell how long those will last -____-

If no one is particularly opposed to a late lunch we go for 1:30-2:00? How would that work out for everyone?
Unread 07-11-2008, 11:29 AM   #13
Phoenix_Kasai

Yay!! I'm so excited that everyone else is excited!!! XD This is going to be fun!!

I think 1:30 or 2 would work, that way I can get some photo time before hand. I'll talk with the photographer about it and let you guys know when I find something out.

Website
Facebook Page
ACParadise
Unread 07-11-2008, 03:38 PM   #14
Pomatos
...what? >_>;

my vote is for 1:30~ just cuz i have a shoot at 3:00. and i'm guessing the DMC shoot will only take about an hour, so 1:30 would give give me 30 minutes to change and get outside for the next shoot. sorry if i'm being difficult >_< i just love my photo shoots too much ;_;

A-kon 10
Maylene - Kuroshitsuji

AnimeFEST 10
Oz-Pandora Hearts

Oni-Con 10
Chii - Tsubasa
Ada - Pnadora Hearts
Unread 07-13-2008, 06:57 PM   #15
xmstreefromhell

So, 1:30 it is ^___^

Now, as for the location, I think we were going for the roof, but I'm wondering if we should meet somewhere else and then relocate to the roof (Because I honestly don't know how to get there >____>) How does that sound?