Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Music Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-26-2003, 01:52 PM   #1
Oburi_Shima
I'll swallow your soul

Talking Poison the Well

Anyone heard of them?..anyone like them? post your comments, critiques, or queries here.

If you wanna read some lyrics (which are like poetry...kinda) they are here---> http://www.darklyrics.com/p/poisonthewell.html

Unread 07-04-2003, 01:25 PM   #2
Oburi_Shima
I'll swallow your soul

Well their new album came out...it's called "YOU COME BEFORE YOU"...it's great..hope more people post to this thread besides me...
Unread 07-06-2003, 05:45 PM   #3
Viral Harvest
Diabolically Jaded

Their new stuff is garbage, Tear From The Red was garbage too, if you wanna hear their best stuff, check out Opposite of December. Gaaaah, these guys blew up outta nowhere just like Glassjaw.
Viral Harvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2003, 09:50 PM   #4
Motokoleighcook
the don

dude poison the well is the one the greatest bands out there today.thier new one is freaking awesome and so is tear from the red. i hope they have more ablums in the furture.
- strong mad
"i am a computer,stop the downloading"
-gi-joe paroady
" and puppys trun into dogs then get old and then they die"
-Joise McCory in jatp
Motokoleighcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2003, 09:54 PM   #5
Oburi_Shima
I'll swallow your soul

I think ALL their shit is awesome...
Unread 07-06-2003, 11:11 PM   #6
Viral Harvest
Diabolically Jaded

I just don't think PTW's new stuff matches up to the intensity of their old stuff, it just doesn't do anything for me I guess. Meh, it's a style of music that every band is copying now, metalcore with emo-influences. PTW almost had something original, but they kind of ripped off of Converge, who started this sort of genre back in the early 90s.

Jesus, I can name a million bands that do it and they all have the same breakdowns followed by clean guitar. From Autumn To Ashes, Poison The Well, Across Five Aprils, Atreyu, Underoath, Hopesfall, at times Bleeding Through and Eighteen Visions.

I used to love that stuff, ALOT. It's tolerable and sometimes really good, but mostly it gets bland after awhile. Every time something original comes out, someone goes out and butchers it until it's all your hear. Now all this post-hardcore scene stuff is being commercialized on TV and I guess that makes me a bit sick, because it's going to end up transformed and butchered like punk was. Not to say that all metalcore is like that, there is some AWESOME metalcore out there though. I guess the only metalcore I still REALLY listen to is Shai Hulud, Unearth, One King Down, and Indecision/Most Precious Blood.
Unread 07-07-2003, 12:18 PM   #7
Oburi_Shima
I'll swallow your soul

well I agree that hardcore/metal-core is becoming commercialized and is on it's way to the chopping block so MTV can shove it down spineless kids throats...and I do believe that alot of bands out there are copying PTW and other original bands out there trying to get their sounds down...but that's the way music works..people see something they like or something that's making money and WHAM! they jump on it...the problem is that whatever they jump on soon becomes a shadow of what it once was and then it turns to shit...it's sad how the world works

I do think that Opposite of December was probably their best album...but their new stuff still kicks major ass. I think what most people do (for any band) is listen and then read the lyrics..I on the other hand read then listen..it gives you as the audience a better feel of where the writter was coming from...

In closing, I hope PTW never gets thrust into the "MTV spotlight", and if it does I hope it has the deftones effect (where they try to thrust it but it doesn't quite go..so they throw it back)...
Unread 07-07-2003, 01:51 PM   #8
Viral Harvest
Diabolically Jaded

Well, to be completely honest, PTW has been on MTV2. I think they used Botchla from Tear From The Red as their video. I believe this year they're on Warped Tour as opposed to playing Hellfest as well, so that'll definitely get them some recognition. Who knows whether or not they'll actually make it too big though. It seems like they're taking every oppuritunity they get so you never know. Their lyrics ARE incredible though.
Viral Harvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2003, 05:26 PM   #9
Ramanji
Ugliest 8th Grader

so PTW is trying to get themselves reconized, regardless of what people want...MTV doesn't go out and steal the videos...if a band makes a video its not because MTV said to. its because they wanted to and they gave it to MTV to play. same goes for the radio. anything you hear on the radio was submitted by the bands. PTW is an increddible band, and their new cd is just as good as their old shit. what does it matter what type of music they are using. with incredible lyrics they could be singing offkey and into a metal trashcan and it wouldn't matter. they probably will get the deftones effect though, if they only have one video, cause i haven't even heard them on the radio. they just wanna get a little more of a fan base. and you don't get that by playing in a small club every week infront of the same crowd of people, or by only doing one tour where the same people go every year, gotta switch it around somewhere.
Ramanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2003, 08:40 PM   #10
Oburi_Shima
I'll swallow your soul

Figured I'd post since I can't get PTW outta my head..."Guess the screaming, it runs, in the family..."-PTW ...
Unread 07-17-2003, 07:23 PM   #11
steel_scum

the new album is really good...it makes the old one look like shit!
steel_scum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2003, 10:43 PM   #12
Oburi_Shima
I'll swallow your soul

I wouldn't go that far..but their new album does kick major ass...
Unread 07-19-2003, 08:35 PM   #13
steel_scum

i mean...tear from the red was good but this is 10x better
Unread 07-19-2003, 08:42 PM   #14
Oburi_Shima
I'll swallow your soul

iono about that...I mean c'mon..Tear from the red has Brando...BRANDO!!! you can't beat Brando with a stick..especially the line he delivers...
Unread 07-19-2003, 08:45 PM   #15
steel_scum

hahahaha yeah yeah....