Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Expo

Unread 06-26-2003, 07:20 PM   #1
Haruka
Yes. I am crazy.

ok, this is prolly a stupid question ^-^;;

Ok, i was just wondering, is AX open 24 hours? Is there a time when people must leave the convention center? I know that in most cons the dealers room closes at a paticular date, but im assuming that the actual con is going on all night. Im still new to this con-going business *^-^*
Haruka is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-26-2003, 07:26 PM   #2
Maryssa
Dragon Queen
STAFF OF d00m

People usually wander around the hotels late at night, but I assume they close the actual Anaheim Convention Center after a certain hour. I usually see people awake at all hours in the hotels though. However now that I think of it, I remember back in Disneyland the convention center was open at all hours (but mainly because there was actually something to do like play in the arcade). Any particular reason you would like to know if it's open late? There usually isnt much going on late at night convention-wise except for anime screenings and gaming. =)
Maryssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2003, 07:31 PM   #3
Haruka
Yes. I am crazy.

well, i plan on doing multiple cosplays on saterday, and i just want to make sure there is plently of time to wear the costumes so people can see them. Heheeh, but even if it WAS open till the wee hours of the night, i would be to exhausted to do anything! @_@
Thank you for responding so quickly, Maryssa ^_^
Haruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2003, 07:55 PM   #4
FlameSniperRei
LORD OF THE LOOP

There's still a lot of people wandering around at 2am x_x;
FlameSniperRei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2003, 07:57 PM   #5
domestik
pudding king

2 AM, 3 AM, 4 AM... in the words of my friend, "Sleep is for the weak!"

I am weak. I intend to pass out by at LEAST 1 AM if not midnight. x__X
Unread 06-26-2003, 08:26 PM   #6
Maryssa
Dragon Queen
STAFF OF d00m

I will disagree with that statement and instead say "sleep is for the smart." It is not cool to spend the weekend without sleeping.
Maryssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2003, 09:10 PM   #7
RoseDuelist
CHS Anime Club President

It's closed about 6:00am-8:00am. A WHOLE TWO HOURS!! lol! At least that is the video room schedule's. Other things close at different times but things typically start up at about 8:00.

So it's about a 22 hours a day event. ^_~ That's the longest run anyway.

P.S. If you go to www.anime-expo.org they have a schedule posted of almost all of the events.
Unread 06-26-2003, 11:55 PM   #8
domestik
pudding king

Quote:
Originally posted by Maryssa
I will disagree with that statement and instead say "sleep is for the smart." It is not cool to spend the weekend without sleeping.
Right on.

No sleeping ends making people more irritable, sick, dead-looking, and drained. I remember being unable to function peroperly, even with a few hours of sleep each night. *shakes head* A full's night rest is what's best for me!
Unread 06-27-2003, 02:41 PM   #9
RoseDuelist
CHS Anime Club President

Heh, last year I was running on very little sleep and I was ssooooooooooo irratable. There was a movie one night I wanted to see that ended at 2:00am, then the next morning at 10:00 there was another I wanted to see.. and I lived about 45 minutes.. so that's NOT A LOT OF SLEEP... oi.. lol
Unread 06-27-2003, 03:54 PM   #10
piroko
the broken bokken

AX "technically" runs 24 hours a day from the Opening Ceremonies to the Closing Ceremonies, but of course "sane" people do sleep at night to keep up the energy to run around the convention center during the day.
You will find people around in the wee hours, but usually it dies down or so, until the next morning!
I don't know if you hang around if it's loitering, but there is always space in the video room. You might find people sleeping there too (unless they kick em out) though..haha..
But if you live on college sleeping time as I do, staying up till 3-4 is normal, and with some coffee and strong spirit, getting up at like 9-10 is possible, too. But after AX is when you die and just sleep continuously for a week (haha, jk).
But yeah, technically it is open all the time, but I suggest you sleep. I don't think you'll miss anything if you retire around 11-12 (as I did last year).
Unread 06-27-2003, 04:14 PM   #11
FlameSniperRei
LORD OF THE LOOP

Since we're talking about staying up...... I would like to remind people that there are those of us who DO sleep and so those who are staying up please keep the noise down during the wee hours of the night (or morning like past 1am). Please be considerate and do not hold large parties past late hours. Those of us in the masquerade need our beauty sleep ^.~ thanks!

with that, see ya'll at AX! 6 MORE DAYSSSSSSSSSSS!

Last edited by FlameSniperRei : 06-27-2003 at 04:18 PM.
FlameSniperRei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2003, 09:31 PM   #12
Psychotic Jei
Quality Scr-what.

I usually get as much asleep as I can...AX..is days off of work..which means I get to relax. @_@ If I didnt want to sleep...I would stay home and go to work. ^^
Psychotic Jei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2003, 03:09 AM   #13
Suzushichan
outta here

Sometime early EARLY in the morning or the 5th or 6th I will be around as Vash handing out free donuts to fellow cosplayers that are still awake! ^O*
Suzushichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2003, 12:42 PM   #14
Ashe
King of Chococro

Didn't the masq line last year or the year before start forming around midnight the previous night? Yes, there is always someone up and about - usually the crowds start to die off 11 - midnightish.

I don't know what the light is like where you are, Haruka, but over here the sun has been starting to go down around 8, getting completely dark around 9, so I imagine people will still be in full swing until at least nine o clock.
Ashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2003, 01:30 AM   #15
Suzushichan
outta here

*eats a donut* mmm...
Suzushichan is offline   Reply With Quote