Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Sakura Con

Unread 06-12-2008, 06:59 PM   #1
Kaits
Prop lover

Seattle Avatar Cosplay Picnic (Take 2)

Hi all! Not really sure how to start this out, but here goes:

Last Saturday I hosted an Avatar cosplay picnic at Kubota gardens in Seattle (Thread is here: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=144629) and we had a less then desirable turn out due to school projects and finals. We still had a great time though! So the point of this thread is that those who attended agreed that it would be fun to do it again and also the possibility of more cosplayers is ever so appealing.

That's where YOU come in. That's right: YOU! If you have an Avatar cosplay or just love Avatar, we need your input. We need to figure out a date, time, and place. Ideas so far are earthworks park in Kent/covington and Kubota gardens in Seattle. Also, I'm leaning more towards early August or late July as I might be gone at the beginning of July, but that's not a for sure thing. I will again provide Avatar inspired snacks and a trivia game with prizes. If you want to help plan or bring anything, please let me know in this thread or a PM. Check this post for updates. ^_^

Here are a few photos from the last picnic: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/115671/

What: Avatar cosplay picnic
Where: TBA
When: TBA

~Kaits

EDIT: I will not be leaving in July so the entire month is open. Well, except for the 20th, which is the SakuraCon Parade.

If you have a video of Haruhi and some friends doing Hare Hare Yukai at SakuraCon 09, let me know! <3 <3 <3
-----------------------
Currently working on:
Spearow - Pokemon Gijinka
Togetic - Pokemon Gijinka

Last edited by Kaits : 06-22-2008 at 01:41 AM.
Kaits is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-26-2008, 01:22 PM   #2
lja136

How about Saturday, August 2nd? I'll be able to come, plus it's a weekend for those of you who work. It also leaves some time after I get back from my trip so that I could help my friend with her Mai cosplay and I can work on my Yue cosplay some more.

As for the place, I think Earthworks is a good spot because: It's easy to find; It's somewhat private towards the back; there's a stage for skits; there are ponds and a creek for waterbending shots; there's a bathroom there; it's not easy to get lost, and there's a trail in the back for more photo spots.

I think the same time as the previous photoshoot would be good.
lja136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2008, 02:58 AM   #3
Luna-A-Lovegood
Ready to Takeover.

I would love to be able to come to something. But I'm stuck out between bremerton and seabeck out in the middle of no-where doing NOTHING. ><

"Them's be fighten words"
Luna-A-Lovegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2008, 12:29 AM   #4
Ritsuko
Rampant Cosplayer

I'm totally up for whenever now, as the washington renaissance faire was cancelled this year. August is now open!
Ritsuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2008, 12:21 AM   #5
Kaits
Prop lover

Aug 2nd could work. Weekends are good for me, what with work and driver's ed. I'm not sure. I haven't really been thinking about it and checked back here. Gosh, Aug is coming up fast!

If you have a video of Haruhi and some friends doing Hare Hare Yukai at SakuraCon 09, let me know! <3 <3 <3
-----------------------
Currently working on:
Unread 07-23-2008, 04:35 PM   #6
lja136

We need to decide fast. At this pace, summer will go without any decision made.

Update: Earthworks Park is under construction, so we can't have the picnic there.

Last edited by lja136 : 07-27-2008 at 09:31 PM.
Unread 07-30-2008, 08:50 AM   #7
Ritsuko
Rampant Cosplayer

geh, just remembering this now. The 2nd isn't going to work for me, I have to go up to Poulsbo this weekend.

the next Gasukan is on the 17th, and I want to go to a BJD meet on the 23rd. . . are there any days around that people might want to get together?

WANT TO DISCUSS FINALE WITH OTHER AVATARDS. >.<
Unread 07-30-2008, 08:00 PM   #8
lja136

The second might not work, but the third might. Although, that's this weekend and such short notice might not be the best idea.
Unread 08-14-2008, 05:22 PM   #9
Dante-chan
Celebnaur

oh this looks like a lot of fun, sad I was not there for the frist one.
I was thinking zuko, but I'd be crossplaying so I was also think about togh, suki or the some of the other girls. I'm still not sure yet. But I have friend who was a blaclsmith and we were going to costumize some dual dao blades from tigerclaw martal arts. Then I have a several friends who are in a fire troupe. eh, I figured, wouldn't it be cool if I could do some fire dancing and dao blade martal arts forms together?

Edit: btw how does anyone find out about Gasukan so easlly? Is there a website somewhere? X_x *I r feel like noob*

Last edited by Dante-chan : 08-14-2008 at 05:26 PM.
Dante-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2008, 02:55 PM   #10
Ritsuko
Rampant Cosplayer

This be the current Gasukan thread:

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=155123

It's this weekend in (bleh) Edmonds.

I was wondering if the other Avatards in this thread are going to Kumoricon and/or PAX? If not, it's Labor Day weekend, and might be a good time to get together. (Since I'm not going to either of those. unless I get really, really antsy I might go to PAX.)
Unread 08-15-2008, 07:04 PM   #11
lja136

I won't be going to either of those, so that's fine with me.
Unread 08-23-2008, 01:22 PM   #12
Kaits
Prop lover

Sorry guys, I haven't been on here in forever. I've been so busy with work and stuff. And I'm going to PAX next weekend so that rules it out for me. If any Avatar fans were going to PAX though, it'd be fun to meet up there somewhere or possibly bring Avatar costumes and have a mini photoshoot somewhere close by. I feel kinda weird wearing Avatar to PAX though, even if it is in a video game. XD

If you are going to PAX look out for me. I'd love to talk to any avatar fans! I'll be Ann from Penny Arcade adventures with a Tycho and a Gabe or Cookin' Mama holding a huge plush onigiri. ^_^

-----------------------
Currently working on: