Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop > Vocaloid

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 536 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 11-26-2008, 11:42 AM   #151
PunkRockPanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiTenshi View Post
Ah, I got a question. Do any of you guys know a good fabric choice for Miku's skirt? A fabric that holds pleats? I've heard that cotton doesn't hold pleats very well.
I'm not sure, but I have found a tutorial for box pleats that are most likely to stay.
Here's the Tutorial
I haven't really tried it myself, so It'd be best to make a mock-up skirt first.
PunkRockPanic is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-26-2008, 12:00 PM   #152
ChibiTenshi
Aww Barf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkRockPanic View Post
I'm not sure, but I have found a tutorial for box pleats that are most likely to stay.
Here's the Tutorial
I haven't really tried it myself, so It'd be best to make a mock-up skirt first.
Ah i see, kinda easy to understand. It'll help to practice. =) I'm going to check with my extra cotton fabric and see how well they hold the pleats XD

Planned for 2010:

Ciel Phantomhive from Kuroshitsuji (tentative)
Echo from Pandora Hearts (tentative)
Agitha the Bug Princess from LoZ: Twilight Princess (0%-planned)
ChibiTenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2008, 12:22 AM   #153
Jeremy-Chan
Captain JEWFRO.

I'm going to be cosplaying Len Kagamine at Anime Boston with my friend who is going to go as Rin Kagamine, and another friend of mine who will be Meiko. I'll post my progress on my costume here as I go along :3.

In the immediate, though, does anyone know of a good wig that could be used for Len? I haven't read through the entire forum, and for that I apologize but anyhow. I'd really appreciate the help! And I'd love to hear how your costume comes out, Jolteh!
Jeremy-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2008, 10:53 AM   #154
ChibiTenshi
Aww Barf!

Oooh, good news! I found a Vocaloid group to cosplay with in may! Yay! X3 The only thing is that there are going to be 2 miku's. XD Maybe I should go as Mikuo just for the heck of it.

Nah, i wanna be miku! <3

Planned for 2010:

Unread 11-27-2008, 11:09 AM   #155
mochi-snack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy-Chan View Post
I'm going to be cosplaying Len Kagamine at Anime Boston with my friend who is going to go as Rin Kagamine, and another friend of mine who will be Meiko. I'll post my progress on my costume here as I go along :3.

In the immediate, though, does anyone know of a good wig that could be used for Len? I haven't read through the entire forum, and for that I apologize but anyhow. I'd really appreciate the help! And I'd love to hear how your costume comes out, Jolteh!
I had recently wrote a mini-tutorial on Len's wig..I'll just repost it considering that people on this thread keep asking.

FOR LEN'S WIG:
I've had many people email me asking where I get my wigs, what I do to style them, ect.
ESPECIALLY WHEN I POSTED MY LEN COSPLAY
What you need is a wig that has a ton of volume/hair [I put in extensions], and is short/medium length to begin with. If you start with a medium wig that's slightly too long, trim it to your liking and make the extra hair into a ponytail that can be attached.
For the bangs, I used hair putty..not Got2B or anything, I've never seen the stuff in my life. Hold the pieces of hair up, run through it with a comb, add product, hair spray, and then use a hair-dryer to make sure the spikes defy-gravity. The blow-dryer and hairspray really helped me with the ponytail, I don't think it'll ever sink, unless if I get pushed into a pool XD.

So that's how I did it..I already had the wig from CosWorx for a Roxas cosplay, I eventually added many extensions..and after Len's first debut, I need to restyle the wig because I've become unhappy with it's appearance XO.

I HOPE THIS HELPED~

for the outcome of my wig/Len cosplay, just check my gallery.
mochi-snack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2008, 11:44 AM   #156
Jeremy-Chan
Captain JEWFRO.

Mochi-Snack- You are darling! That wig is absolutely flawless. What one did you start off with originally? Or don't you remember? That helps so much :3 Thank you!
Unread 11-27-2008, 05:44 PM   #157
mochi-snack

I think I started off with an Alicia S in 24B Butterscotch Blonde from Cosworx.com?
mochi-snack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2008, 06:07 PM   #158
Jeremy-Chan
Captain JEWFRO.

O: You're awesome. Thanks so much.
Unread 11-27-2008, 10:34 PM   #159
chris-chan
the one and only

Quote:
Ah, I got a question. Do any of you guys know a good fabric choice for Miku's skirt? A fabric that holds pleats? I've heard that cotton doesn't hold pleats very well.
Tartan!

But seriously, that's the only one that I personally know of. Of course, I haven't really looked intodoing pleats for a outfit or anyting, other than for a kilt (I always wanted one. I love plaid.).
Unread 11-28-2008, 03:05 AM   #160
PunkRockPanic

Hey guys, I'm back again! While Miku is on Hold right now (It's because I'm lazy and I have a few other cosplays to plan out/make xD) I've decided to do Mikuo (Actually seriously, not that random thing I threw together xD) So I'm gonna do the Variation with the short sleeves (This One) But I'm not gonna do that hairstyle xD I'm thinking about getting a new wig, because of the Thanksgiving sale and such. And because his hair looks different then the base wig on my Miku wig now that I think about it. And since Cosworx's Seafoam green is weird and enjoys being either green or blue then I'm gonna go with that since it's juts like the fabric for the trim and stuff that I have xD
BUT ANYWAYS xD
What kind of pants do you think would work? Since I can't really see it that well and all I was thinking of just regular black pants but I'm not sure if I should go for a certain style.

Last edited by PunkRockPanic : 11-29-2008 at 12:26 AM.
Unread 11-28-2008, 08:52 AM   #161
ChibiTenshi
Aww Barf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkRockPanic View Post
Hey guys, I'm back again! While Miku is on Hold right now (It's because I'm lazy and I have a few other cosplays to plan out/make xD) I've decided to do Mikuo (Actually seriously, not that random thing I threw together xD) So I'm gonna do the Variation with the short sleeves. But I'm not gonna do that hairstyle xD I'm thinking about getting a new wig, because of the Thanksgiving sale and such. And because his hair looks different then the base wig on my Miku wig now that I think about it. And since Cosworx's Seafoam green is weird and enjoys being either green or blue then I'm gonna go with that since it's juts like the fabric for the trim and stuff that I have xD
BUT ANYWAYS xD
What kind of pants do you think would work? Since I can't really see it that well and all I was thinking of just regular black pants but I'm not sure if I should go for a certain style.
Um... I seriously recommend you change your link, PunkRockPanic... that page has NSFW adds ^^;; Just noticed when I clicked the link. Use this one

And I think that the pants would look good as long as they aren't jeans and as long as they are baggy. =3

@Chris-chan: Tartan? I'll look into it, thank you! =)

Planned for 2010:

Last edited by ChibiTenshi : 11-28-2008 at 08:56 AM.
Unread 11-28-2008, 10:25 AM   #162
PunkRockPanic

@Chibi: Thanks, I changed it xD I couldn't the get the stupid link to have just the picture alone @_e

EDIT: I actually decided to just use my Miku base wig, I forgot how AWESOME I look with it on xD Even though they have the sale, I'd like to save money, so no new Mikuo wig for me.
Uh...I can't seem to find any tie patterns (I've done a couple searches...no luck @_@) Can Anyone help, please?

Last edited by PunkRockPanic : 11-29-2008 at 02:06 AM.
Unread 11-30-2008, 02:23 AM   #163
chris-chan
the one and only

Quote:
Um... I seriously recommend you change your link, PunkRockPanic... that page has NSFW adds ^^;; Just noticed when I clicked the link. Use this one

And I think that the pants would look good as long as they aren't jeans and as long as they are baggy. =3

@Chris-chan: Tartan? I'll look into it, thank you! =)
You're not gonna want to use tartan. Tartan is the plaid that they use for Kilts. I know this cause I was looking into doing a Kilt. If you need something pleated that needs a heavy fabric and is plaid, use tartan.

And Punk, for pants I would think a pair of black Dickies would go really well. They're pretty close to the leg, but still loose, which seems to fit Mikuo's style.
Unread 11-30-2008, 03:21 PM   #164
PunkRockPanic

@chris-chan: Dickies eh? Hmm, I think I might go with those, thanks!
I'll come back when I make more progress!
Unread 11-30-2008, 04:04 PM   #165
ChibiTenshi
Aww Barf!

@chris-chan: Ah, alright! Thank you =P I just don't know much about fabric types since I'm a newbie when it comes to sewing XD

Eh, i didn't buy anything from the sale either... I have to pay the rent of my dorm, so I can't spend much money until classes are over @o@

Planned for 2010: