Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop > Vocaloid

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 321 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 03-16-2010, 08:04 PM   #4471
Codename Otacon
Force a Nature

Heys guys, I need some help so I hope you guys can help me out. I'll be cosplaying as Len and Miku but I want to do the Miku Melt verison.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2ck6atNM0I
Can you guys tell me where can I buy teal gloves? And a Miku wig? I check some out on ebay but some of then are too prices.

*Conventions for 2014*
Otakon Vegas
Anime Expo
Anime California

*Cosplay list for 2015*
Red Medic(Fem!)-Team Fortress 2
Red Scout(Fem!)-Team Fortress 2
Codename Otacon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-16-2010, 10:11 PM   #4472
solstis
Cat-dragon , Cosplayer

This is a diffrent Melt version (melt version makes me think the pink/gey with flower hair pin or fluffy hair ties or is it both ANYYWAY!)

I have to laugh a bit because where I work we still have a few glove/hat/scarf/ sets and there is a dark teal set .. (it's the wrong shade ) anyway did you look online? try google shopping same for the Miku wig sometimes it picks up some good prices if you change the wording around and you can get thigns other than Ebay (you'll get ebay too)
... And to answer that question "Yes I live here and have nothing better to do "
Next Convention: Otakon

Thursday Peach Maki
Friday AM -Noibat PM- Some vocaloid >_<;
Saturday AM Luna (Sailor moon) Human PM - Neko ninja ?
SATURDAY August 9th is international Casual Lolita Day!
Sunday Casual Lolita

postponed WIP
Makoto - Street Fighter
Felicia - darkstalkers yes I want to try again
solstis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 02:33 AM   #4473
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi Baka Zaru View Post
Heys guys, I need some help so I hope you guys can help me out. I'll be cosplaying as Len and Miku but I want to do the Miku Melt verison.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2ck6atNM0I
Can you guys tell me where can I buy teal gloves? And a Miku wig? I check some out on ebay but some of then are too prices.
The image featured in the video isn't really related to the original Melt. It's an obscure variation of her default costume with some tweaks similar to her re-design in "Koi wa Sensou -EAGER LOVE REVENGE-."

Looking up eager love revenge references can give you a better look at the gloves and logos.

To make the gloves -- look up a regular glove tutorial, alter the pattern and make them in teal. They're pretty easy, even if you're not good with sewing.

The symbol on the pocket and being flashed through the video is the same used on the megaphones, planes and armbands in Koi wa Sensou. Though it's also used as the official logo for Supercell, the band behind "Melt".

If you want to avoid confusion referring to/listing the costume ~ you might want to label it "Melt -H.264 version".

New Videos:

Kagamine Rin in "Confession Sensation" ~ a rock-style love song with a cute new casual costume to go along with it.

Miku's inner-conflict anthem "Emotion and Reason" has been remastered. Which begs the question -- how long until someone actually cosplays "Emotion" and "Reason", the red and blue angels in the song? A Miku in white flanked by both Emotion and Reason would be pretty dramatic, too!

"Re;Set" is a sweet, if standard Miku love song.

Also from Miku, the gorgeous ballad "Stardust and Fragments" which manages to get more resonance and clarity out of Miku's soundbank than I've heard in a long time. The tag "gooebumps" has rarely been so accurately applied

Len's "Butterfly on my Right Shoulder" now has a version 2 pv.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~

Last edited by kiratsukai : 03-17-2010 at 05:02 AM.
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 12:52 PM   #4474
solstis
Cat-dragon , Cosplayer

i'm almost finished the base of the Race queen but could use some input I'm pulling my ref. from here on this page cause it has lots of good views in one place... heres what I'm looking at the collor it doesn't look like it's actuly attatched to the vest to me since the toys don't have necks persay it's hard to tell...

I think it would be odd for it to be closed at one button because then it wouldn't fall open that wide. ANYWAY what do others think??

I was going to make a chocker like her breclet and make the collar part of that rather than attatching to the vest thought it would be fun

progress so far I made the skirt to be worn witha belt through it it just looked better than trying to zipper it anyway >_<
... And to answer that question "Yes I live here and have nothing better to do "

Thursday Peach Maki
Sunday Casual Lolita

postponed WIP
Makoto - Street Fighter

Last edited by solstis : 03-17-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Unread 03-17-2010, 01:19 PM   #4475
Codename Otacon
Force a Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstis View Post
anyway did you look online? try google shopping same for the Miku wig sometimes it picks up some good prices if you change the wording around and you can get thigns other than Ebay (you'll get ebay too)
But I hoping for links so I can look at them so you guys can tell me where did you guys buy your wigs and ebay can be risky too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiratsukai View Post
The image featured in the video isn't really related to the original Melt. It's an obscure variation of her default costume with some tweaks similar to her re-design in "Koi wa Sensou -EAGER LOVE REVENGE-."

Looking up eager love revenge references can give you a better look at the gloves and logos.

To make the gloves -- look up a regular glove tutorial, alter the pattern and make them in teal. They're pretty easy, even if you're not good with sewing.

The symbol on the pocket and being flashed through the video is the same used on the megaphones, planes and armbands in Koi wa Sensou. Though it's also used as the official logo for Supercell, the band behind "Melt".

If you want to avoid confusion referring to/listing the costume ~ you might want to label it "Melt -H.264 version".

*Conventions for 2014*
Otakon Vegas
Anime Expo
Anime California

*Cosplay list for 2015*
Red Medic(Fem!)-Team Fortress 2
Red Scout(Fem!)-Team Fortress 2
Codename Otacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 01:29 PM   #4476
solstis
Cat-dragon , Cosplayer

I just happened to answer first... I got my wig from a local shop (I support them before buying online) so I have no true input for links to shops sorry

Thursday Peach Maki
Sunday Casual Lolita

postponed WIP
Makoto - Street Fighter
Unread 03-17-2010, 03:49 PM   #4477
-oathkeeper-
heaven.

I- I need major help! ;A;
I might sound really retarded, but I'm not exactly too sure where to ask.

So - I'm planning on cosplaying as Miki, the new Vocaloid.
I know her outfit goes up and around her neck, but I was curious as where to cut it off? Like, how high I should allow it to go before trimming and hemming the edge. Also, would it be a wise choice to get stretchy material for her outfit? - or what kind of material would be good for it? I've already read about her stars, but I'm not too sure how I should achieve the look of her boots or what fabric to use. Also, I'm going to assume a zipper up the back would be an easy choice to take on and off? Or at least for the top so I don't choke myself attempting to get on the outfit? Also, I was curious as to how to make her headphones stay on, seeing as she doesn't exactly have a band over the top.

Also, a bit random. I have my dress and need to get my wig and make my headphones for my Luka cosplay - magnet version. How would I go about making those?

Sorry if I ask too many questions and thank you in advance! >w<
- NATSUKI- UtaPri - STARISH
- MARCELINE - Adventure Time - Default
- DAVE - Homestuck - Militarystuck
-oathkeeper- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #4478
solstis
Cat-dragon , Cosplayer

I'd say make it go all the way up the neck as it is really hard to tell where it ends or if perhaps it's growing from here >_<;;; as for strechy materal ... i'm middle of the road it you are doing a zipper you may not have to. but at the same time the whole outfit will not hand correctly or look full at the bottom but rather cling to you

headphones use a band that goes behind the head instead then it will be covered by the hair

you read what about her stars?? i'm curios
boots ... um depends a bit if you are doing boot covers or incerts on white boots... no not really ... um some bottom weight fabric if you want cheaper pleather if you don't care the peices are probly shaped like long ovals so they overlap (they are wide) . easy way to get the look keep the top part a sperat peice.

the magnet template is around soemwhere but I don't remember where I saw it... I'm a bit confused because i've seen 4 diffrent versions I don't want to lead you in the wrong direction

Thursday Peach Maki
Sunday Casual Lolita

postponed WIP
Makoto - Street Fighter
Unread 03-17-2010, 04:14 PM   #4479
captain0marauding
Sir Squish Cosplay

-oathkeeper-: http://fenlaf.deviantart.com/art/mag...se-3-138499383 Here's the link for the wing template.
SAT PM - Scarfketsu Ryuko (Kill la Kill)
SUN - Mikisugi Aikuro (Kill la Kill)

captain0marauding is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 05:17 PM   #4480
-oathkeeper-
heaven.

Ah, thank you guys so much!
Two more questions, then I'll shut up~ Material for the butterfly wing? And, since I'm going to be doing Miki, I'm curious about her wig. I want to use the Cosworx Ivy wig, but I'm not too sure what colour I would go about doing that in. I'm also open to suggestions of different wigs to use!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstis View Post
you read what about her stars?? i'm curious
Mhmm! I've read that you could use a few different materials to shape them. Modelmagic and scuplie, but I guess that if you use paperclay it's better. Paperclay is a bit in the middle of the two and tends to hold up, from what I've read.
- NATSUKI- UtaPri - STARISH
- MARCELINE - Adventure Time - Default
- DAVE - Homestuck - Militarystuck
-oathkeeper- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 05:23 PM   #4481
Maneki_Neko14
バナナ

@otah: for the wings I'd suggest using the material a lot of people use for stuff like Kamina glasses and stuff (I think it was like colored plexiglass? I dont remember exactly)
Planned: Legolas Greenleaf|Aragorn|Claude Faustus|JBF Boy|Shizuo Heiwajima

Finished|WIP|Not Started

plans will probably change C:
Current Fandom = Lord of the Rings

Stalk Me?
dA|FB|Cure|YT|Twitt.
Maneki_Neko14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 05:38 PM   #4482
QuietKodama
★mou nigenai yo

@Oath// For the Magnet butterfly wings, you could use colored craft foam, with a layer of black craft foam on top in the shape of the pattern. It comes in sheets so it's easy to cut out. I've seen a link posted for a tutorial on them a while back, and someone had posted theirs they made of craft foam on dA, that they had linked here. ^^;

It was a while ago, though, but in terms of a flexible/lightweight and very inexpensive material, you could try that.
QuietKodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 06:05 PM   #4483
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Lionboard is really amazing stuff.

I don't think I'll ever use another craft foam again.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 06:16 PM   #4484
QuietKodama
★mou nigenai yo

@Kiratsukai// Is Lionboard sold in the US? From what i've looked up, it only is sold in Japan(?). D:''

But it does sound kind of like Sintra, a sort of pvc foam board stuff, but that is much more expensive to get a hold of, and doesn't seem to be entirely too easy to cut. (A friend of mine made Mando/Starwars trooper armor out of it, and it's really solid) I guess there's not a happy medium (in the US..lol)? ^^;;; '':c
QuietKodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 07:47 PM   #4485
KagomeLuvLuv

Where is everyone getting this Neru wig?

http://kusakabemisao.com/blog/wp-con...-2-468x310.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3646/...50dc296d89.jpg
http://th03.deviantart.net/fs48/300W...y_SQuall10.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2477/...f2f2e51ab6.jpg

I swear, these Vocaloids have such irritating hair. lol =3 =3
Now, looking back at these, it appears that these might be 2 or more different wigs...but either way, I need a wig + extension to make my Akita Neru wig! and I'd like it to resemble these, since these all look really great. I searched "akita neru wig" on ebay, and the results are just a bit over what I'm able to pay T.T but I went to amphigory.com, since I heard that was a good site, and found these:
http://amphigory.com/clipon_hairpiece_1776.html
http://amphigory.com/wigs_elegance_bob.html
http://amphigory.com/wigs_lulu.html
...but I'm not so sure. of course, whichever two I pick will have to be the same color, but I'm worried about the extension-it looks a little bulky. I can try and cut it to a pointy-er shape at the bottom so it doesn't look so full, but you know how that can go >.<
*checks price of base wig* ahhhh. geez. $33? it'll end up being the same if I bought it on ebayyyy.
helpppp?? other suggestions?
KagomeLuvLuv is offline   Reply With Quote