Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop > Vocaloid

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 497 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 09-19-2008, 09:37 PM   #31
Aokiyai
comfy and easy to wear

Okay, so I just realized that I have no idea how to do the first step (second? xD) of my Miku wig.

What do I make those damn stubs out of? Like, the pigtail part. Foam and cover it in extensions, maybe? If so, what kind? D:

so how would you catalog it? dawn in the fields? light brought in in buckets?
snow and dirty rain?
Aokiyai is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-20-2008, 11:05 AM   #32
Lady Saya
Smile?

Hi everyone!

I'm planning to crossplay Kaito next year. Any suggestion on a wig for him?

//Planned Cosplays//
::Mari Illustrious Makinami [Evangelion]::

Last edited by Lady Saya : 09-20-2008 at 11:10 AM.
Lady Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2008, 02:14 PM   #33
Ashenine
Nina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Saya View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm planning to crossplay Kaito next year. Any suggestion on a wig for him?
Why not try a dark blue/blue scruffy wig? I believe it would suit Kaito :3

Costumes:Sebastian Michaelis [Kuroshitsuji]//Kotone[Pokemon Silver/Gold]//Miku Hatsune [VOCALOID]//Megurine Luka [VOCALOID]//Vanille [FF13]

Member of INAF Cosplay Group
Ashenine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2008, 12:06 PM   #34
PunkRockPanic

Hello All!
Again xD
I'm planning on cosplaying Kasane Teto Very soon But I need a bit of help with a few things.
First off it looks like I should get some kind of grey-blue for her top and shirt, is that right? and for her trim should I use pink Satin? I'd also like to now if I could have help with the headphones.
For her hair I was thinking about getting something like a Wisp in red for a base and then curling the extensions using something like a foam cone to curl or something and hairspray.
And how exactly would I make a fake loave of bread? xD
And it looks like her strap thing is under her skirt o_0 How could I make that work?
PunkRockPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2008, 05:18 PM   #35
Lady Saya
Smile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashenine View Post
Why not try a dark blue/blue scruffy wig? I believe it would suit Kaito :3
It would but I was thinking of Scruffy in midnight blue (but they're currently out of stock). ;_;

//Planned Cosplays//
::Mari Illustrious Makinami [Evangelion]::
Lady Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2008, 05:21 PM   #36
Rock-e

My friends are planning to do a cosplay based one this for next years AN. I'll admit that I had no clue what they were talking about when they told me, but it is definitely a unique source of inspiration.

I fully expect them to sing
Rock-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2008, 06:07 PM   #37
PunkRockPanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Saya View Post
It would but I was thinking of Scruffy in midnight blue (but they're currently out of stock). ;_;
I'd actually suggest a Wisp for Kaito. His hair isn't really layered looking.
I have a cosworx wig in dark blue and it's just the perfect color for him, midnight blue is like Navy blue pretty much.
Unread 09-21-2008, 06:18 PM   #38
Ashenine
Nina

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkRockPanic View Post
Hello All!
Again xD
I'm planning on cosplaying Kasane Teto Very soon But I need a bit of help with a few things.
First off it looks like I should get some kind of grey-blue for her top and shirt, is that right? and for her trim should I use pink Satin? I'd also like to now if I could have help with the headphones.
For her hair I was thinking about getting something like a Wisp in red for a base and then curling the extensions using something like a foam cone to curl or something and hairspray.
And how exactly would I make a fake loave of bread? xD
And it looks like her strap thing is under her skirt o_0 How could I make that work?
Satin works great for trims, while you're sewing the edges just add the trims and make the ruffles as you go.

Though I'm quite amazed at the belt going under her skirt (wth?) o_o

Costumes:Sebastian Michaelis [Kuroshitsuji]//Kotone[Pokemon Silver/Gold]//Miku Hatsune [VOCALOID]//Megurine Luka [VOCALOID]//Vanille [FF13]

Unread 09-21-2008, 07:38 PM   #39
PunkRockPanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashenine View Post
Satin works great for trims, while you're sewing the edges just add the trims and make the ruffles as you go.

Though I'm quite amazed at the belt going under her skirt (wth?) o_o
I'm thinking for the belt I'll just sew that one part where the top of the trim is, or use snaps.
Unread 09-21-2008, 07:42 PM   #40
LoStsoULs
Vocaloid 01

Does anyone know where I can get a hatsune miku like wig (it doen't have to be full length) but it also has to be cheap because I'm almost broke >_<
Unread 09-22-2008, 03:48 PM   #41
Rea_star
Twin 2

Hey all~!
You don't know how happy I was when I saw this thread xD I love Vocaloid and it's cool to see that more people are going to cosplay/ have cosplayed Vocaloid characters. =3
This year for AN (Anime North) my twin and I are most likely doing the Kagamine twins. I think we're doing their regular outfits, because I don't think anyone would recognize us if we did outfits from a certain video...
Though, we were thinking of doing outfits similar to the ones they wear in the Daughter of Evil/Servant of Evil videos (if anyone knows what that is >>).
Anyways, I have a couple questions. What would I use to make the yellow peice around Rin's sleeves?
Any ideas on how to make their belts? Oh, and the yellow strips on Len's shorts?
Reference Pic
Ref. pic just in case =P
*SUNDAY: Garry - Ib
Rea_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2008, 12:43 AM   #42
Ashenine
Nina

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoStsoULs View Post
Does anyone know where I can get a hatsune miku like wig (it doen't have to be full length) but it also has to be cheap because I'm almost broke >_<
Well, it depends on what{s your budget to reall suggest a few places. Since Miku{s hair is up in two gigantic pigtails-ponytails I would suggest either buying a wig thatīs already hairstyled or check ebay for cheap wigs plus ponytail extensions.

@PunkRockPanic: for the belt I used some kind of clutch so it would hand from the skirt, but sewing it to the skirt might work as well.

Unread 09-23-2008, 06:22 PM   #43
PunkRockPanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rea_star View Post
Hey all~!
You don't know how happy I was when I saw this thread xD I love Vocaloid and it's cool to see that more people are going to cosplay/ have cosplayed Vocaloid characters. =3
This year for AN (Anime North) my twin and I are most likely doing the Kagamine twins. I think we're doing their regular outfits, because I don't think anyone would recognize us if we did outfits from a certain video...
Though, we were thinking of doing outfits similar to the ones they wear in the Daughter of Evil/Servant of Evil videos (if anyone knows what that is >>).
Anyways, I have a couple questions. What would I use to make the yellow peice around Rin's sleeves?
Any ideas on how to make their belts? Oh, and the yellow strips on Len's shorts?
Reference Pic
Ref. pic just in case =P
You could take about 2 inch wide pieces of fabric and sew them on for teh sleeves, and the same for Len's shorts but maybe 1 inch of fabric?
DO THE DAUGHTER/SERVANT OF EVIL COSTUMES, I LOVE THEM. lol len's a crossdresser xD
If I was in Canada I'd hunt you down and want to take a million pictures, but I'm all teh way over in the bay area of California.
TAKE PICTURES IF YOU DO EITHER COTSUME.
On another note, I've decided when I'm going to start of Teto, after they get rid of all the Halloween fabric (I saw some pleather that was perfect for her skirt >.>, and they mostly have Halloween themed fabric around this time) at least her satin is a fall color >.>
Would anybody be willing to suggest patterns for the top? I know I'm going to put a zipper down the middle of the top, and cover the zipper with the pinkish flap and buttons.
And about the bootcovers, eh heh >.>
Unread 09-23-2008, 06:27 PM   #44
Rea_star
Twin 2

Thanks for your help ^^
xD Darn, eh? All the way in California. Ha ha ha. Crossdressing Len xDD
Anyways, sure, I'll take a bunch of pictures and post them up =3 The good thing about the Daughter/Servant of Evil outfits is that patterns would be really easy to find for them. *nods*
*SUNDAY: Garry - Ib
Rea_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2008, 07:25 PM   #45
PunkRockPanic

Okay, but remember I mean fold over for the sleeves, it saves time on hemming xD