Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop > Vocaloid

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 484 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 05-19-2010, 11:44 PM   #4741
Maneki_Neko14
バナナ

@Fuyumi// I've look around a bit there, though I'm pretty bad when it comes to picking wigs off Ebay ^^;;
There are only a few I could afford on there anyways XP
Planned: Legolas Greenleaf|Aragorn|Claude Faustus|JBF Boy|Shizuo Heiwajima

Finished|WIP|Not Started

plans will probably change C:
Current Fandom = Lord of the Rings

Stalk Me?
dA|FB|Cure|YT|Twitt.
Maneki_Neko14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-20-2010, 07:25 AM   #4742
FUYUMI
fudafuタイ&#1

Hmmm then I'll suggest some

Fantasy sheep, JWY Anime, charissa_kids orjust go on stores that have 99.8% to 100% of positive feedback And just choose the cheapest but good enough wig for you n_n
Unread 05-20-2010, 07:54 PM   #4743
emROARS
Hitman

has anyone seen the two breaths walking PV and thought about cosplaying it? It seems really interesting, although I doubt people would know who they were.

Here it is anywho for people. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9d1KcJe5c4
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9150606

Last edited by emROARS : 05-20-2010 at 07:59 PM.
emROARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 08:00 PM   #4744
Vantagen10

Hey I am cosplaying Kaito for AMA, and I was wondering what I could add.. I am doing an American!Rock version of him rather than his normal outfit. SO far I have the wig, blue scarf, black long sleeve Under Armor workout top, a long sleeve white dress shirt over that which will be unbuttoned, tight blue jeans, casual white skate shoes, and a guitar. Any suggestions?
Vantagen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 09:36 PM   #4745
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

Speaking of "One More Kiss," I'm guessing she's not wearing any shoes? Hard to tell. Unless there's another image out there that I can't find xD And pink nails, that's different.

And, since I'm doing this for Fanime and I don't think I'll be recognized, do you think I should make a headband that looks like the band of her headphones? Though she does have the arm tattoo

Last edited by Rexluna : 05-21-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Rexluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 09:59 PM   #4746
swainboW
Nii-sama~!

+re-appears once more+
Maneki; A lot of times, directly searching eBay for "Luka wig" or anything with the name of a character or series in it will lead to higher prices.
Try searching for "Long Pink Wig" or something less direct/specific :3
here's one is wavy though last one (the last one is one by one of my favorite sellers <3 )

YES. So I still have nearly everything to get Mikuo done.
But. Other things keep interfering with me actually sitting down and just getting him done.
And sadly, it's nearly summer now, so none of the stores here have any black jackets for my JBF Boy cosplay ><
Hibari Kyoya, Jumpsuitbari, Lelouch Lamperouge, Naoto Shirogane, Kagamine Len, Romario, Kagamine Mikuo/Kaito, School!Uni, Y!Squalo, Watanuki Kimihiro, Dream!Mukuro, Dream!Chrome, Gokudera Hayato, Yamamoto Takeshi, GAR!Simon, Orihara Izaya, Kohta Hirano, ELR!Gumi, Black*Matagi, N Harmonia

dA FB
swainboW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 09:43 PM   #4747
FUYUMI
fudafuタイ&#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexluna View Post
Speaking of "One More Kiss," I'm guessing she's not wearing any shoes? Hard to tell. Unless there's another image out there that I can't find xD And pink nails, that's different.

And, since I'm doing this for Fanime and I don't think I'll be recognized, do you think I should make a headband that looks like the band of her headphones? Though she does have the arm tattoo
Ahhh Luka doesn't have shoes on. Also I think the number tattoo would be enough :LLL I would think that song is popular to be recognisable though :LLL

Also, Luka doesn't have pink nails. She has blue. Though a shade lighter than Miku's. It contrasts with her blue gem at her neck n_n
Unread 05-22-2010, 12:26 AM   #4748
swainboW
Nii-sama~!

SO! -now that I'm slowly becoming more alive on here again-
I've suddenly decided (at 1:25am) that I want to do Len's Love is War/Eager Love Revenge outfit... the one with yellow shorts, yeah you know (I hope >> )
But, I haven't decided what for yet, or when I'll actually work on it any ><
Hibari Kyoya, Jumpsuitbari, Lelouch Lamperouge, Naoto Shirogane, Kagamine Len, Romario, Kagamine Mikuo/Kaito, School!Uni, Y!Squalo, Watanuki Kimihiro, Dream!Mukuro, Dream!Chrome, Gokudera Hayato, Yamamoto Takeshi, GAR!Simon, Orihara Izaya, Kohta Hirano, ELR!Gumi, Black*Matagi, N Harmonia

dA FB

Last edited by swainboW : 05-22-2010 at 01:06 AM.
swainboW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 12:45 AM   #4749
jianna
DON'T CROSS THE STREAMS

For One More Kiss fans, Oster Project has made a sequel song! It even has Sweet Ann in it <3

"Ladies First" on Youtube

And a Nico link, if you prefer: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm10752593

Now on DeviantArt!
jianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 02:29 AM   #4750
Rexluna
Morrigan Disapproves

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUYUMI View Post
Ahhh Luka doesn't have shoes on. Also I think the number tattoo would be enough :LLL I would think that song is popular to be recognisable though :LLL

Also, Luka doesn't have pink nails. She has blue. Though a shade lighter than Miku's. It contrasts with her blue gem at her neck n_n
I know she normally has blue nails but in "One More Kiss" her nails are pink. At least that's how it looks in all the face close ups?
Unread 05-22-2010, 12:17 PM   #4751
kanghead

I actually finished my Kaiko cosplay.
I used Pleather (NEVER. AGAIN) and I forgot my headphones at home, but I found a few pictures of myself.
[x] [x]
I might take a few photos later with the headphones too.
Maybe not.
/lazy/

Interested in a cute animal hat? Maybe a Vincent plushie, Sesshomaru plushie, or an Edward Elric pillow?

Haggling possible.
kanghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 01:21 PM   #4752
EmoGlaceon

@Kanghead- Very nice Kaiko cosplay! It's really good, in my opinion, anyways!~

Okay, so, I'm new to making Cosplays. I want to make a Vocaloid Cosplay for Animethon 17 in August, but I don't know who I want to do. I'm not that good at sewing, so it has to be simple, though my grandma said she'll help me, but she works with patterns, meaning I have to do most of it myself, so she can help with the details and stuff T.T

I WAS thinking Meiko, but the outfit is too... revealing- I don't want my parents thinking Cosplay is bad or anything, because so far they're OK with it. Plus, Meiko has huge boobs. I don't have much boob at all. Or else I'd do Haku, because her outfit isn't /too/ revealing... *laughs*

So does anyone have any suggestions as to a simple Vocaloid I could cosplay, as well as good fabric to use, and where I can buy all my supplies, including a wig? I also don't want to spend TOO much money, because it's all coming out of my parents pockets, since I'm broke, but they also don't have a whole lot of extra money >.< Thanks to anyone who helps with my huge request xD
EmoGlaceon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 03:17 PM   #4753
Alphonia
Dorkasaurus

I'm in love with Synchronicity and all their outfits <3

I'm working on a Synchronicity Yorune Ruko =)
Unread 05-22-2010, 03:27 PM   #4754
AirVee
Failure at Cosplay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoGlaceon View Post

So does anyone have any suggestions as to a simple Vocaloid I could cosplay, as well as good fabric to use, and where I can buy all my supplies, including a wig?
Len Kagamine might be a good starter. It's not revealing and it's pretty simple to do.
Alter!Saver (Prototype)
Enkidu (Strange Fake)

AX 2014
Lancer (Prototype)
Shirou Kotomine (Apocrypha)
Archer (Stay Night)
AirVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 04:34 PM   #4755
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirVee View Post
Len Kagamine might be a good starter. It's not revealing and it's pretty simple to do.
I think Len's pretty hard :P

I've done him 4 times... have only made one of the costumes and found the entire experience really challenging.

Most people screw up the wig epically (including me half of the time).

Rin is easier by virtue of that alone (not to mention, you don't need to work with rivets or tie a necktie >.< ).

Though design-wise ~ Kaito and Meiko are both quite a lot more straightforward than either of the twins.

If you're looking for something ~easy~, try looking at some of the genderswaps or more simplistic alternate costumes for famous songs (World is Mine, Spice!, Just Be Friends etc.)

Also ~ a word of warning to everyone: I placed an order with cocosilver (the costume merchant who makes those cool music-sensitive light-up armbands for Miku) over 2 months ago and haven't gotten anything (or any email updates without pestering) from them yet in spite of a "within the month" shipping quote. Something's going down over there ~ I'd hold off on ordering from them until they get things together (especially if you have a deadline).

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~

Last edited by kiratsukai : 05-22-2010 at 05:47 PM.
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote