Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop > Vocaloid

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 87 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 08-31-2010, 04:06 PM   #5191
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by VocaloidFan94 View Post
Hi Guuuuuuuyyysss ~ :3

Okay, so I'm in need of a Miku Hatsune wig for the New York Anime Festival. Which is rather soon, it starts on 8th of October. I was holding out until CosplayWig came back, because they seemed to be a largely popular Miku wig supplier. But I finally decided that I should get an alternative to that wig. So, what's a recommendation for a Miku wig that I can have by that date?

Also, I'm torn between doing Miku's outfit from the Whatever PV and doing Magnet. Which one do you guys think would be better?
KIDS-Charissa has nice Miku wigs, and their wig quality is very good. C: I have bought my Sheryl Nome wig from them before, and it's a fabulous wig.
http://stores.ebay.com/Charissa-KIDS..._sid=849879884

As for the costume, it depends on which you love the best. I think the Whatever! PV outfit is really cute, but Magnet is also a beautiful outfit for Miku. Whatever floats your boat~ C:
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-31-2010, 06:42 PM   #5192
SyaoSyao

I vote for Whatever its so catchy besides Magnet and Normal Miku are done alot so while it might be easy to get advice on how to make or where to buy the outfit you probably won't be the only one there wherever you're going....
Henrietta
SyaoSyao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2010, 02:59 AM   #5193
lollydove

I haven't been on for a while, so I thought I'd update :3 I've finished the skirt and arm warmers (lolyes I know slow pace) and I'm pretty happy with them, they were a pain to sew with all the slippery silver fabric :P I wanted the arm warmers to 'fall' a bit if I put my arms up too high, so I only placed interfacing on the top and bottom.
I almost have enough together to get my wig through errands- $5 left! My parents are stingy so a few errands tonight and I can get my wig
Still confused on the shirt, but I printed out a few pictures and pointed it out to my grandma, and she can do it. She just needs one of my shirts as a base. Hooray!
I have 3 costumes to do before Halloween (which seems impossible lololol) but my friends have said if I just cannot do it, it's okay. Phew! I can just focus on my own costume
Also... in a month and a half (I think) I'm seeing the optometrist for a contact checkup and to order more, so I can get coloured contacts then ^0^ Does anyone recommend a brand for dark eyes that are kind of a dark cobalt-y blue? :3 I'm thinking about ColourMax but I dunno... I also thought some snowflake contacts would be nice, but hmmm....

edit: what about this pair? It seems awfully cheap but it's for dark eyes too (if I do buy them and they're no good for my pretty much black eyes I won't mind) and I'll only need them for about 2 hours. From the looks of it though they're plano... can anyone find prescription. My base curve is 8.4, diameter is 14.0, and prescription in both eyes is about 3.25. I also have extremely minor astigmatism so I don't need astigmatism lenses. Can anyone find anything? :P

Last edited by lollydove : 09-01-2010 at 03:07 AM.
lollydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2010, 05:18 AM   #5194
SyaoSyao

i've ordered from finkey lens before (which is the brand your looking at) and they hurt... alot of course i have really bad astigmatism but most contacts work for me fine(they dont make color contacts for astigmatism but the do make perscription)... but this brand hurt my eyes from the second I put them in till a little after I took them out.... maybe you should ask your eye doctor when you see them...
Henrietta
Unread 09-01-2010, 06:21 AM   #5195
lollydove

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyaoSyao View Post
i've ordered from finkey lens before (which is the brand your looking at) and they hurt... alot of course i have really bad astigmatism but most contacts work for me fine(they dont make color contacts for astigmatism but the do make perscription)... but this brand hurt my eyes from the second I put them in till a little after I took them out.... maybe you should ask your eye doctor when you see them...
Hmm... yeah, my astigmatism's very minor, so the optometrist says I don't have to get toric lenses. According to her most lenses should be "comfortable" for me since my eyes stay moist very easily. Problem is, most coloured contacts don't have a base curve of 8.4 and the ones that do aren't that good.... eh, what to do...?
I'll try and ask my mum if it's possible to see the eye doctor earlier :3

On another note, I asked mum about errands and she asked why I wanted the money. When I said it's for a wig, she instantly said she's not crazy about it and that she can't believe I'm wasting my money on a wig.
=_=
Unread 09-01-2010, 07:13 PM   #5196
SyaoSyao

wigs are amazin you can have different hair lengths colors and styles without the damage seriously hair dye? no need
Henrietta
Unread 09-02-2010, 12:59 AM   #5197
lollydove

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyaoSyao View Post
wigs are amazin you can have different hair lengths colors and styles without the damage seriously hair dye? no need
Yeah... she's not too crazy about my cosplay, if only she approved of it, my costumes would be done at least %50 faster :P
Unread 09-02-2010, 04:39 PM   #5198
sailortintin
Xenofreak

I got my Ann wig today~ Though, its completely different from the ones I first chose. When I saw this one, I knew I had to have it.

*Blurriness wins again*

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...h/DSC00477.jpg
sailortintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 05:51 PM   #5199
Saru-chan
KNIFE IN YOUR DRINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollydove View Post
On another note, I asked mum about errands and she asked why I wanted the money. When I said it's for a wig, she instantly said she's not crazy about it and that she can't believe I'm wasting my money on a wig.
=_=
I'd rather waste money on a wig, than waste it on hair dye, or a professional dye job and then root touch ups. Not to mention all the torture your hair goes through.

Wigs are addicting though....xD Especially when all my characters are blonde xE
Unread 09-02-2010, 06:03 PM   #5200
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Temp spray-color will ruin your costume (and others' if you get wet or brush up against them in white).

Bleach will ruin your own hair.

Convince your mom to go with a wig or go without and make due. I'm sure most other con-attendees would agree: brown-haired Rin with an accurate cut and style is better than a Rin who is going to bleed her hair-color all over your $300 costume ^^;;;;

You can find wigs second-hand on the marketplace for a decent price.

Maybe you can compromise and buy some clip-in yellow point extensions for your own hair and/or get light highlights that you can live with in your daily life, too.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~

Last edited by kiratsukai : 09-02-2010 at 06:06 PM.
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 06:14 PM   #5201
OldestAngel

I would like to ask for opinions on our design for Len based on a 'pirate steampunk' sort of look.

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...IdeaCALLIE.jpg

We've been debating on what we want this to look like, and I figured we might as well get a different opinion. Please PM me your comments on the costume so it doesn't spam the thread. ^^;

Thank you in advance!
OldestAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2010, 12:16 AM   #5202
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

I found the PERFECT dress for Venomania Miku on Neiman Marcus today~ It has spaghetti straps, but it has the black ribbon accented waistline and sheer chiffon I was looking for. Some silk black ribbon and slight modifications, and it should be good to go!
I kinda almost gagged on the price ($100), but I've paid that much, if not more, for cosplay before, so I'm getting it after the next couple of paydays. :3

The trick will be finding roses similar to my wig's color, but I won't really need to worry about that until I actually order and receive my Miku wig. >>;;
Unread 09-03-2010, 02:53 AM   #5203
Maneki_Neko14
バナナ

@Celia: oAo awesome!! I can't wait to see it!!! Plus I'm TOTALLY behind on the new Voca cosplay group idea that Sensei came up with. Could you inform me about it please? XD;;; sorry!! I'm SOOOOOOO lost~
especially since I ASSUME I'm supposed to be participating? C:

@Lollydove: Like Kira said, Hair dye is probably not the way to go here. It's a pain and usually doesnt end well ^^;; I should know from experience. The spray on temp. color gets over EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING oAo;; and the regular dye will ruin your hair. Plus a wig you can use over and over, in case you want to do the same/other various costumes with the same hairstyle later on.

@OldestAngel: LMAO at the Banana bazooka.
I like it C: its a nice design, and it still keeps the character in check. I'm not an expert with steampunk though, so I'm not really the best person to comment. Sorry! ^^;;

@Cosplay: I'm starting on a Magnet!Len costume for Aki Con '10. It's a Kaito-Len group, instead of Rin-Len. Does anyone know if there is a specific design for this? I'm fumbling around in the dark... my friend is making the headphones (since her prop skills kick mine to the dirt) and she said something about suits with character-colored ties? But she also mentioned a fitted black shirt of some sort. I don't know ><;;;
Planned: Legolas Greenleaf|Aragorn|Claude Faustus|JBF Boy|Shizuo Heiwajima

Finished|WIP|Not Started

plans will probably change C:
Current Fandom = Lord of the Rings

Stalk Me?
dA|FB|Cure|YT|Twitt.
Maneki_Neko14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2010, 09:11 AM   #5204
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

@Maneki; thanks, I'm really excited for it, too! C:
It's a Matryoshka group. I can explain the details tomorrow more clearly. xD

As for Magnet Kaito/Len, I've seen Len wear a black shirt with a yellow tie, but that was in a Magnet pair with Rin. Kaito wears a cobalt blue satin dress shirt in his Magnet pair with Gakupo, so maybe colored dress shirts with black vests and black trousers? That would actually look really slick. *A*
Unread 09-03-2010, 12:44 PM   #5205
OldestAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki_Neko14 View Post

@OldestAngel: LMAO at the Banana bazooka.
I like it C: its a nice design, and it still keeps the character in check. I'm not an expert with steampunk though, so I'm not really the best person to comment. Sorry! ^^;;
No problems! I'm glad you like the banana bazooka, it will be interesting. :3

The character is the more important part than the steampunk, so it's good that you can still tell it's Len! Thanks for your input. :3
OldestAngel is offline   Reply With Quote