Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop > Vocaloid

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 321 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 09-03-2010, 01:28 PM   #5206
Kiichigo

Remember the Rinoutfit I was talking about a loooong time ago?

I found it again : D

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2695811/

It *was* Daughter of Evil <3
Kiichigo is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-03-2010, 06:14 PM   #5207
Maneki_Neko14
バナナ

@Celia: 8D thanks, lovely! <3
and awesome! X3 I'll talk to mommy about it and see what she thinks!~

@Oldest Angel: XD I demand pics of it when it's done! Banana Bazooka and all |D
and no problem C: it's a really cute idea
Planned: Legolas Greenleaf|Aragorn|Claude Faustus|JBF Boy|Shizuo Heiwajima

Finished|WIP|Not Started

plans will probably change C:
Current Fandom = Lord of the Rings

Stalk Me?
dA|FB|Cure|YT|Twitt.
Maneki_Neko14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2010, 01:56 AM   #5208
OldestAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki_Neko14 View Post

@Oldest Angel: XD I demand pics of it when it's done! Banana Bazooka and all |D
and no problem C: it's a really cute idea
xD If you're going to Sakura-con 2011, you'll see our whole vocaloid group steampunked out at the cosplay competition, which I think will be Saturday morning.

But pictures will be forthcoming, so thank you! I hope we don't disappoint.
OldestAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2010, 02:01 AM   #5209
lollydove

Haha yeah, being 13 I wouldn't want to dye my hair white and blue X3 My mum's fine with it, but she's like "I'd rather you spend your money on that phone rather than a wig," even though I've told her it's my money and I can spend it on what I like :<
On another note, my grandma started making a little Snow Miku costume for my 3-year-old sister and I didn't even know until she came over a few days ago. Squeee she's been asking for a "silver skirt like t(i)anaaa's" for ages, she's going to look so cute when it's done :3
lollydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2010, 03:12 AM   #5210
Maneki_Neko14
バナナ

@Oldest Angel: 8D OH YEAH I shall see you there then! X3 I'm hoping to have Sandplay!KAITO done for SC, if not Synchronicity!MEIKO as well ><
Planned: Legolas Greenleaf|Aragorn|Claude Faustus|JBF Boy|Shizuo Heiwajima

Finished|WIP|Not Started

plans will probably change C:
Current Fandom = Lord of the Rings

Stalk Me?
dA|FB|Cure|YT|Twitt.
Maneki_Neko14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2010, 04:52 AM   #5211
SweetCakes
Akira-Chan!

i know i might be really late on this but i really need help. a group of my friends and me are going to do a vocaloid group and im going to be migu (even though she is a megpoid, she is considered a vocaloid) we are going to be doing this http://media.photobucket.com/image/e...c/ELRgroup.jpg

the problem is that i dont know where to get her boots, this is a really important cosplay to be and i would love for it to be exact

close up of the boots - http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/c...rent=boots.png
SweetCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2010, 12:35 PM   #5212
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

@Oldest Angel; I'll be at SC'11, too! C: I can't wait to see your steampunk group. <3
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2010, 12:15 AM   #5213
OldestAngel

@Maneki: >.< I'm looking forward to seeing your costumes! xD I'm so excited for SC'11 now!

@Celia: <3! You've made me incoherently happy. C:
OldestAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2010, 12:38 AM   #5214
27XxJuDaImExX27
Iron Woman

Hello! >w<
I've been a lurker on this thread for a while, but I'm finally brave enough to post something. >///<
I'm working on my first Vocaloid cosplay right now, which is Magnet!Miku (wig is in the mail and should be here Tuesday or Wednesday~ <3 ). I know how to make the headphones, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to make the wings on her back.
My first thought was to make the the basic shape from wire and cover it with fabric. Then I realized it wouldn't turn out the way I wanted and would probably look horrible (all the seams from sewing the colored parts to the black~ *sob*).
Does anyone have any idea about how I can make the wings? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm a total n00b when it comes to Vocaloid cosplay. >///////<;;;
27XxJuDaImExX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2010, 06:10 PM   #5215
solemnraven

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27XxJuDaImExX27 View Post
Hello! >w<
I've been a lurker on this thread for a while, but I'm finally brave enough to post something. >///<
I'm working on my first Vocaloid cosplay right now, which is Magnet!Miku (wig is in the mail and should be here Tuesday or Wednesday~ <3 ). I know how to make the headphones, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to make the wings on her back.
My first thought was to make the the basic shape from wire and cover it with fabric. Then I realized it wouldn't turn out the way I wanted and would probably look horrible (all the seams from sewing the colored parts to the black~ *sob*).
Does anyone have any idea about how I can make the wings? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm a total n00b when it comes to Vocaloid cosplay. >///////<;;;
If this is the version you're talking about... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DRcE...eature=related

If I were doing it I would use wire coat hanger for the outlying base of the wings....
cover it with a nylon (preferably white or close to the shade you want it) spray-paint (with fabric spray) with the pink color all over if you chose white nylon, and then use acrylic or fabric paint to paint the black part over it by hand. I hope that helps you some.
solemnraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2010, 05:37 AM   #5216
lollydove

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27XxJuDaImExX27 View Post
Hello! >w<
The see-through look reminds me of stained glass windows... my first thought from thinking about the headphones was to make them out of a thin foam, then sand and paint etc. but since they look see-through... I can't help you with that x_x

On another note, you're all going to go "NO WHAT ARE YOU DOING OHFIOHGISHIFOHSEO" at me, but I'm spray-painting tights silver.
=3=
I wasn't going to, but frankly I couldn't find any non-footless silver tights and I don't have enough silver fabric left to make the stockings/tights/whatever, so I got an old school pair that fit me but I never wear anymore. We have some spare silver spray paint lying around, so before school I sprayed a little patch on it this morning...

And when I came back it looked fine! Despite the tights being navy blue, the silver paint was nice and opaque and the colour stayed when I stretched it, so I've sprayed it and left it to dry... then I'll cut the 'tight' part off to make them over-the-knee and attach the trim... When I was at a sleepover the other day my mother bought some silver shoes that fit me and they look nice, so I'm using them for Snow Miku, but not attaching the trim. I don't want to ruin them :3

As soon as I get around to earning that $10 and the wig gets here, I'll just have to finish my top and headset. Whoopee~!
Oh..
the ice leek.
*headdesk*
lollydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 09:29 PM   #5217
wolfiegurl_lb

Question

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to connect some speakers into my Leg-warmers. This girl did that to hers, and the actually play sound!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvmtOMtkEsU

Any ideas how to make the head phones light up as well?
I would guess:
1) Make the headphone base
2) Cut out the place where the yellow piece goes.
3) Add a translucent yellow glass piece on the inside
4) Wire the LED on the inside however you wire a LED
5)Finish the head phones.
wolfiegurl_lb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #5218
ninjagal6
when life gives you lemon

hello all! starting on my *counts....* 5th vocaloid cosplay (previous ones being Haku, Ruko, Eager Love revenge FL-chan, sandplay Meiko *95% done*)
now I am going to be working on Sandplay! gumi. I swear I probably could hide small children in those ruffles...
however, Im really conflicted on the wig.... I have a scruffy L in moss green and clover in the same color so should I try taking bits out of my clover to make her sideburns?
or doesn anyone else have any gumi wig sugestions other then this or this one?
website
Deviantart
ninjagal6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2010, 05:18 PM   #5219
wolfiegurl_lb

I can't seem to post what I want to say

EDIT: Well it worked that time :/

What I've been trying to say was: Any ideas on adding Speakers to Rin's Legwarmer. It has been done. To see what I'm talking about Go to YouTube> Rin Kagamine Cosplay>kranberrijam
Or Just YouTube>kranberrijam

Last edited by wolfiegurl_lb : 09-09-2010 at 05:29 PM.
wolfiegurl_lb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2010, 05:39 AM   #5220
~Lightning~

I see a lot of people want to do Love is war version! I have planned it, and wear it on 19th sept to a convention in France! You can see the progress here if you want.
~Lightning~ is offline   Reply With Quote