Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop > Vocaloid

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 523 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 11-02-2010, 09:48 PM   #5341
wen.chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin.Kagamine View Post
Hah, I'm repeating this.

Its the kind of thing where I have about 90% of the supplies, and the other 10% has yet to be found. And when I say found, I mean found in stores, and bought.

I just need to know what to do with my materials. Really, what are the gold rivets for? And why do I need veneer?

There is also another tutorial though, that I am using for the headphones. I cannot find paperclay (A.K.A fiber clay). I also can't find LED party balloon lights. (It's a mix of two tutorials. One has you using vinyl, paint, and LED lights for the inner D part on the headphones, and the other one has hologram paper. So I am doing mix of them. I wants lights. ;D ).
If you've actually bothered checking the original thread you posted a few topics down, you'd have noticed I've posted about the hairclips for Rin that you're looking for. And a video tutorial of making Vocaloid headset out of poster board paper.
It feels like you didn't even bother checking your other thread before asking in this topic again x:
wen.chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-03-2010, 05:11 PM   #5342
Rin.Kagamine
Random Cosplayer. ;P

I already know what to do for the headphones. I dont want to keep changing my ideas and then spending a bunch of money for one pair of headphones.

Also, the person who is helping with my costume doesn't know how to use ebay, and I am not 18 yet.

Last edited by Rin.Kagamine : 11-03-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Rin.Kagamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2010, 10:02 AM   #5343
LoyanteKittay(3
Olliebello

lolly are you going to post pic of your snow miku in the future? I'd love to see
LoyanteKittay(3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2010, 10:47 PM   #5344
Reisana-chan

Hey everyone just a simple question that I really need answered, do any of you have a good looking pattern sketch of Rin's default Sailor Fuku? The one I made looks to Haruihi Suzumiya for Rin's shirt :/.

Upcoming Cons.
Anime Boston '11

2011 Cosplays

Stocking: Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Reisana-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2010, 11:05 PM   #5345
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reisana-chan View Post
Hey everyone just a simple question that I really need answered, do any of you have a good looking pattern sketch of Rin's default Sailor Fuku? The one I made looks to Haruihi Suzumiya for Rin's shirt :/.
Rin's default doesn't have a pleated shirt like Miku's. She wears shorts, like Len---> http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/vo...en_and_Rin.png
'cuz they "mirror" each other. ;D

As for a pattern, I don't have any on me, but I know in the LAYERS translation thread there are mini patterns for each of the main Vocaloids' default outfits. You could use Miku's pleated skirt pattern instead.
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2010, 06:08 AM   #5346
lollydove

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoyanteKittay(3 View Post
lolly are you going to post pic of your snow miku in the future? I'd love to see
LOL yes, but tbh I actually don't have any pics yet >_< But I'm going to another con in a month so I plan to improve my costume, including light up headphones n_n I'm using the one with the paperclay + balloon lights... there's a store that sells light up stuff 15 minutes away and they sell them so I plan on getting that... No paperclay, but I'm using paper mache to make the actual headphones (well for filling in anyway) And they sell vinyl at my newsagent n_n
I plan on improving the boots, tie, headphones and hairpieces, along with making my wig a bit better XD
Speaking of the wig, how do you keep yours untangled?
June / Akane Kurashiki (999) - %85
Phi (Good People Die) - %0
Shuu Iwamine (Pigeon Boyfriend) - %0
Kazemaru Ichirouta (Inazuma Eleven) - %0

[center]COME VISIT MY LENS STORE!
lollydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2010, 10:38 AM   #5347
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

I didn't know how tortureous it is taking a break from cosplay makking. Well, my mom wants to go boot shopping today and I'm going along...so I can look for boots that look like the ones Rin wears in First Virus. ^_^.

And I should really start gathering patterns for Gakuko, Nishiki no Mai version...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2010, 01:50 AM   #5348
Pudding-chan

I watched First Virus. It's pretty sweet... probably people will get that you're some variation of Rin too...
Pudding-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2010, 09:45 AM   #5349
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding-chan View Post
I watched First Virus. It's pretty sweet... probably people will get that you're some variation of Rin too...
I figured that since she has the bow and the belt things.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2010, 03:28 PM   #5350
LoyanteKittay(3
Olliebello

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollydove View Post
LOL yes, but tbh I actually don't have any pics yet >_< But I'm going to another con in a month so I plan to improve my costume, including light up headphones n_n I'm using the one with the paperclay + balloon lights... there's a store that sells light up stuff 15 minutes away and they sell them so I plan on getting that... No paperclay, but I'm using paper mache to make the actual headphones (well for filling in anyway) And they sell vinyl at my newsagent n_n
I plan on improving the boots, tie, headphones and hairpieces, along with making my wig a bit better XD
Speaking of the wig, how do you keep yours untangled?
Well Im gonna buy a new wig but you should always braid the wig so it wont tangle up. I am thinking about getting some holding gel to put on them...it might be a bad idea on my part but it may turn out to be a good idea.

But I detangle mine underwater very carefully. You might want to use wig spray for yours.
LoyanteKittay(3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2010, 04:18 PM   #5351
lollydove

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoyanteKittay(3 View Post
Well Im gonna buy a new wig but you should always braid the wig so it wont tangle up. I am thinking about getting some holding gel to put on them...it might be a bad idea on my part but it may turn out to be a good idea.

But I detangle mine underwater very carefully. You might want to use wig spray for yours.
Yeah >_<;; Problem is I didn't know that before it became a frizzy tangled mess DX I tried holding gel... imo it made it smell, it didn't stay and the wig fibers were all hard so I just washed it out.
..I might give that a try. Thanks n_n
June / Akane Kurashiki (999) - %85
Phi (Good People Die) - %0
Shuu Iwamine (Pigeon Boyfriend) - %0
Kazemaru Ichirouta (Inazuma Eleven) - %0

[center]COME VISIT MY LENS STORE!
lollydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2010, 09:30 PM   #5352
Reisana-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Rose View Post
Rin's default doesn't have a pleated shirt like Miku's. She wears shorts, like Len---> http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/vo...en_and_Rin.png
'cuz they "mirror" each other. ;D

As for a pattern, I don't have any on me, but I know in the LAYERS translation thread there are mini patterns for each of the main Vocaloids' default outfits. You could use Miku's pleated skirt pattern instead.
Oh yes I know Rin wears shorts ^^; I was asking about the sailor flap on her shirt ~

Thank you for the recommendation though, I'll check it out.

Upcoming Cons.
Anime Boston '11

2011 Cosplays

Unread 11-07-2010, 10:35 PM   #5353
Pudding-chan

Quote:
Oh yes I know Rin wears shorts ^^; I was asking about the sailor flap on her shirt ~

Hi! The way I made my cosplay was by following that nifty sailor fuku tutorial on youtube (just type that into the search on the site). However, when it came time to drafting the collar on paper (I always use newspaper), I adjusted the look of the collar to my wishes. I made it straight in the front (as opposed to having that slight curve), and I made the collar shorter in the back (my costume was heavily influenced by the characterization of Rin in one of the Kokoro videos). Hope this helps...?
Pudding-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2010, 12:05 AM   #5354
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Quote:

augh pffffffffft I read "shirt" as "skirt." xD Don't mind me~~
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2010, 03:13 PM   #5355
Reisana-chan

Thank you Pudding-Chan! That does help!

I found mini-patterns on the LAYERS translation thread like Celia_Rose suggested, they will help greatly. Thank you both for your help!

[Don't worry Celia_Rose, I do that all the time too xD;;]

Upcoming Cons.
Anime Boston '11

2011 Cosplays