Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop > Vocaloid

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 86 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 11-19-2010, 09:36 AM   #5386
FallofIcarus

okay, I have looked and looked but can't seem to find what I am looking for. I am making a Hatsune Miku costume for someone and I can't find out how to make the skirt flare out. I have seen people post the knife pleat tutorials or even the box pleat and I understand that, but I want it to flare out too. Is the only way to do this with a petticoat? Also, is it better to do the skirt with a zipper or with elastic?
This is my first costume I'm making for someone else, so I'm excited but very nervous and want to make it right! Any tips would be great! ^^
FallofIcarus is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-19-2010, 12:59 PM   #5387
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallofIcarus View Post
okay, I have looked and looked but can't seem to find what I am looking for. I am making a Hatsune Miku costume for someone and I can't find out how to make the skirt flare out. I have seen people post the knife pleat tutorials or even the box pleat and I understand that, but I want it to flare out too. Is the only way to do this with a petticoat? Also, is it better to do the skirt with a zipper or with elastic?
This is my first costume I'm making for someone else, so I'm excited but very nervous and want to make it right! Any tips would be great! ^^
Which version of Miku are you doing?

And I got my pattern for my Nishiki no Mai Gakuko! ^_^. Now all I have to do is wait until I go home and take my mother to fabricland so she can pay for the fabric so I don't have to.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2010, 07:52 PM   #5388
FallofIcarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Which version of Miku are you doing?

And I got my pattern for my Nishiki no Mai Gakuko! ^_^. Now all I have to do is wait until I go home and take my mother to fabricland so she can pay for the fabric so I don't have to.
Ooh sorry I didn't include a reference picture.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6...fa91970c-800wi
FallofIcarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2010, 10:37 PM   #5389
wolfiegurl_lb

Quote:
Originally Posted by laamberry View Post
i'm so proud <3 i started working on Miku's boots last night~

Those are awesome. Is it all one boot
wolfiegurl_lb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2010, 10:33 PM   #5390
SerenaXiyade
Never knows best~

I'm so tempted to write 'sage for offtopic' since I'm just desperately looking for a specific Miku wig. Instead, speaking of Miku boots, I had a really tough time too! I think I tried 6 different methods before I finally came up with something that worked. <---Click link!

You can't quite tell in the picture, but there's only one seam- up the inside of the leg. The microchips also light up! (I'm the all-vinyl Miku on the left.)

I guess the picture is relevant to my cause, though. The wig that I'm wearing in it is Airily's grass green, which is ridiculously high-quality (and was over $100 ;_; ) and really not what I was looking for.

I want to buy THIS ONE:

It's CosplayWig's original Jade Green Miku wig, which I USED to have for my green-and-gold default Miku. I sold my original one, since it was showing signs of wear. Ever since I sold it, I've bought and sold enough Miku wigs from different sellers, looking for the perfect one for me, to write a comprehensive Ebay seller wig review. (Which, eventually, I will do. ;_; )

Of course CosplayWig no longer stocks it, and I'm having no luck finding it. So I figured I'd ask you guys for help: Does anyone have this wig, gently used, that they're willing to sell? I'm willing to pay the original price if it's in like-new condition. I'm also willing to trade/partial trade any of the items I have for sale on the marketplace. <---Click link!

Please help a fellow cosplayer complete her costume with the perfect wig~?

Last edited by SerenaXiyade : 11-28-2010 at 10:51 PM.
SerenaXiyade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2010, 11:29 AM   #5391
LoyanteKittay(3
Olliebello

So have any of you used shiny vinyl or vinyl for Miku's Arm warmers? Or would you rather use regular fabric?
LoyanteKittay(3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2010, 12:15 PM   #5392
Kiotoko_Solo
HEY! LIS-.. *shot*

I have a lot on my mind about cosplay but one that has been bothering me for the past couple months.

In celebration of the new official vocaloid Lily (Yuri) inspired by the group M.o.v.e. I decided to make her cosplay, however the top has been giving me fits and issues on how to make it.

For anyone who wants to see her and listen to her released demo song, here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7RlFlgAUqo

The real problem lies in the fact Lily does not wear a bra, as you can see in her newly release action figure http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_YF1tNfQVN8...ng/s1600/1.jpg

I was really wondering if it would make the cosplay less appealing/accurate if I wore a black bra just for not flashing people's sakes or if there was an alternate way to wear this without a bra (no, I will not wear pasties, been there done that it doesn't work with me)

Note: I WILL be doing intense dance not just simple para-para (liquid, jumpstyle etc) in this cosplay due to the fact me and others will be hosting a vocaloid song and dance show in these cosplays.

Awards won:
MechaCon IV Cosplay Contest: Best in Show
LouisiANIME Cosplay Contest: Best Craftsmanship Award
LouisiANIME Ball Room Contets: 3rd and 2nd place
Animania April 2010: 1st Place
Kiotoko_Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2010, 03:23 PM   #5393
PhearTheNinja

'llo everyone, I'm looking for some help r . r
I've been onbessed with vocaloid for about a year now, and my favorite just happens to be Yowane Haku~ So, I've decided to cosplay her! I have the pants, arm warmers, shirt, and tie, so I still need my wig (I'm going to by that), the hair bow (which I plan to make), the shoes (I'm just getting white rain books and making the bottoms purple somehow, I'll figure out some way), the headset, and the belts.
My problems here are the belts and the headset. For the headset, I figured I could just get some headphones and alter them, but I have no idea what headset to buy. I'm looking for something cheap, since I'm probably just going to cut the cord off. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.
As for the belts... I'm utterly perplexed. I plan on just getting a couple purple belts and adding the triangles on one, but I have no idea how to make the little silver thingies that attach the hanging belt to the other, and I haven't found any belts that have those to begin with. Also, I need the giant buckle thing somehow...
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ref pic, in case anyone needs it: http://www.quizilla.com/user_images/...7536_full.jpeg
PhearTheNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2010, 08:13 PM   #5394
Ars Arcanum

Hi, all!

Now, I've listened to my share of Vocaloid songs, but I can't say I'm an expert. So I have this wig here that looks to be exactly the shade for a Miku Hatsune cosplay... except it's too short. The thing goes down to my mid-back. I know that one of Miku's defining characteristics are her crazy-long pigtails, but I also know that designs do get funny during costumes... so can anyone think of a Miku costume with shorter hair, or is there another Vocaloid with light blue hair? I've tried to do my own research and didn't come up with much, so I'm asking all of your help. XD;
Ars Arcanum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2010, 08:49 PM   #5395
PhearTheNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ars Arcanum View Post
Hi, all!

Now, I've listened to my share of Vocaloid songs, but I can't say I'm an expert. So I have this wig here that looks to be exactly the shade for a Miku Hatsune cosplay... except it's too short. The thing goes down to my mid-back. I know that one of Miku's defining characteristics are her crazy-long pigtails, but I also know that designs do get funny during costumes... so can anyone think of a Miku costume with shorter hair, or is there another Vocaloid with light blue hair? I've tried to do my own research and didn't come up with much, so I'm asking all of your help. XD;
Well, I know quite a few of her project diva costumes change up her hair length...
http://vocaloidfan.com/wp-content/up...va03.jpeg.jpeg
The two left costumes here
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:q...wmqi3q.jpg&t=1
The left two here, again
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:s...2_view.jpg&t=1
And her Heart Hunter costume here. However, you'll need to cut and/or style your wig for most of them.
The only other costume I can really think of off-hand would be world it mine, since sometimes she has average-length hair in those vids. Hope it helped =P
Unread 11-29-2010, 10:55 PM   #5396
heaven_firings

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhearTheNinja View Post
As for the belts... I'm utterly perplexed. I plan on just getting a couple purple belts and adding the triangles on one, but I have no idea how to make the little silver thingies that attach the hanging belt to the other, and I haven't found any belts that have those to begin with. Also, I need the giant buckle thing somehow...
So I haven't done a Vocaloid cosplay yet, but I have been collecting tips for whenever I get around to Len. For the belts I know there has been someone who made "belt covers" which is most likely what I'll do if not just make the belts myself. I have a belt that's a fabric type material and I love it so that's another option.

As for the buckles you might check Tandy Leather Factory, they have some stuff you might like. As for the attach-y things I think these would work.
heaven_firings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2010, 02:52 PM   #5397
PhearTheNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven_firings View Post
So I haven't done a Vocaloid cosplay yet, but I have been collecting tips for whenever I get around to Len. For the belts I know there has been someone who made "belt covers" which is most likely what I'll do if not just make the belts myself. I have a belt that's a fabric type material and I love it so that's another option.

As for the buckles you might check Tandy Leather Factory, they have some stuff you might like. As for the attach-y things I think these would work.
Thank you so much r u r
Unread 12-03-2010, 03:30 PM   #5398
Ars Arcanum

Thank yooou! 8D
I shall definitely keep those in mind... but when I went to look up the World is Mine vids I started going on a 'tube walk and wound up watching a truckload of Kaito videos <3 /shameless fangirl now? So I may just end up cutting and dyeing this one into a Kaito wig if I can't find any other character. Ahahahaha.
Ars Arcanum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2010, 02:37 PM   #5399
EpicOrange

Hey fellow Vocaloiders! I have decided to cosplay Hatsune Miku's outfit from the PV "Matryoshka". Well, most likely. I wanted to know where to get a jacket like hers. Any help would be great!
EpicOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2010, 05:51 PM   #5400
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

You could always try searching for a lime green track jacket.

EDIT--My KIDS-Charissa wig came in~~
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...35687909810843
I love the curls in KC wigs. They're so pretty~
Please don't mind the stoic/grumpy expression. It hadn't been long since I got off work when I put on the wig "Orz

Last edited by Celia Rose : 12-05-2010 at 09:19 PM.
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote