Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop > Vocaloid

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 498 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 12-19-2010, 10:29 AM   #5416
touchmon
Make All The Things!

So pretty much all of my Vocaloid cosplays have come to a stand-still due to other cosplays. >_>.

But I will still try to get First Virus Rin done. That one is way too easy for me not to do it.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-22-2010, 09:38 AM   #5417
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

So I was reading an article on Japanese baby names, and I just felt the need to share this.

The top 5 names for boys are, "Ren," "Hiroto," "Souta," " Yuuma" and "Sora". The top 5 names for girls are, "Yua," "Yui," "Aoi," "Hina" and "Riko/Rin".

Huzzah for the twins!
------------------
Gryffindor and proud!!!
------------------
Fabulousity is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2010, 02:18 AM   #5418
Pudding-chan

*dance* my magnet head phones are nearly done. I sunk so much time into those suckers!
Pudding-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2010, 12:11 AM   #5419
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

Hey, I'm going to the fabric store tomorrow, and I thought I might get some fabric for a Rin Adolescence dress. I figured I could whip that up in a day or two since it's really simple. My question is, what kind of shoes should I wear with that? I can't seem to find any pictures that show her shoes. What do you think I should do?
------------------
Gryffindor and proud!!!
------------------
Fabulousity is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2010, 10:21 AM   #5420
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulousity View Post
Hey, I'm going to the fabric store tomorrow, and I thought I might get some fabric for a Rin Adolescence dress. I figured I could whip that up in a day or two since it's really simple. My question is, what kind of shoes should I wear with that? I can't seem to find any pictures that show her shoes. What do you think I should do?
Probably simple black shoes, like Mary Janes or a low heel. I imagine, since Rin looks younger than the average queen, that a rounded closed-toe shoe would give more of an innocent vibe than an open-toed shoe.
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2010, 09:45 PM   #5421
happymunchkin
Something huggable

So I just listened to Matryoshka for the first time, and I'm dying to cosplay Gumi from the PV!
Unread 12-28-2010, 09:50 PM   #5422
Pudding-chan

I finished my head phones! They light up! I would love some feed back on them, if anyone has time!

*stares lovingly at headphones*
Unread 12-30-2010, 12:06 PM   #5423
AlmostHolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding-chan View Post
I finished my head phones! They light up! I would love some feed back on them, if anyone has time!

*stares lovingly at headphones*
Your headphones look fantastic! I love your top hat and the jewels you put on the wings (which look very well-done, I might add), and the lights really show that you decided to go the extra mile. My only criticism would be to try to find a way to straighten the light coils on the "heaband" part of the headphones. They're tilting left and right and I think it would look a little nicer if you could possibly find a way to make them line up straight. But even if you wore it the way it is it would still look great! Awesome job.

Made major progress on my "JBF" Luka cosplay! Really excited for this one. Hoping to finish the dress tonight and get started on the crown of flowers.
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/346732/

Quick question: What shoes should I wear with this? It isn't the same white dress that she wears her black boots with, but I'm thinking that's just what I should wear anyway. I also considered black heels or white flip-flops (it's for a summer convention)...
Help?

Last edited by AlmostHolly : 12-30-2010 at 12:12 PM.
AlmostHolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2010, 01:10 PM   #5424
Pudding-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostHolly View Post
Your headphones look fantastic! I love your top hat and the jewels you put on the wings (which look very well-done, I might add), and the lights really show that you decided to go the extra mile. My only criticism would be to try to find a way to straighten the light coils on the "heaband" part of the headphones. They're tilting left and right and I think it would look a little nicer if you could possibly find a way to make them line up straight. But even if you wore it the way it is it would still look great! Awesome job.
Thank you. I completely agree with you about the coils and have been trying to fix that up a bit.

As for your shoes, I would probably go with white shoes. I would probably try to do white wedge heels, but I think white flip flops would be really cute too. But if you really want to wear black boots then I would say go for it
Unread 12-31-2010, 02:46 AM   #5425
AkitoKitty

Hi everyone~ I'm really in love with a new vocaloid, Gachapoid, and I was wondering if anyone would know how to construct the weird bubbly parts of his costume? Like his headphones, arm warmer.. thingies (?) and his shoes? I have no clue what to use, hmm.
Thanks!
AkitoKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2010, 02:59 AM   #5426
FUYUMI
fudafuタイ&#1

Quote:
Made major progress on my "JBF" Luka cosplay! Really excited for this one. Hoping to finish the dress tonight and get started on the crown of flowers.
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/346732/

Quick question: What shoes should I wear with this? It isn't the same white dress that she wears her black boots with, but I'm thinking that's just what I should wear anyway. I also considered black heels or white flip-flops (it's for a summer convention)...
Help?
Your dress looks fantastic

And if you're asking about foot wear, I would recommend white flats, it suits the type of atmosphere the song conveys, and as mentioned before the black boots would still be okay too
Unread 01-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #5427
sandquillgw
My hair glows when I sing

My sis is working on a palette world breakdown miku cosplay and we were looking at the new miku wig cosplay.com is selling. Has anyone picked it up yet and maybe has some pictures of it? It looks pretty good but we were hoping to see some pics of it on a real person instead of their stock mannequin.

Katsucon '15
Zenkaikon '15
Wizard World Philly '15

currently working on:

Bravest Warriors - Catbug
Kore wa Zombie desu ka? - Eucliwood
Candyland - Princess Frostine

Plus repairs and improvements on numerous costumes!!
sandquillgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 11:02 PM   #5428
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Wig and makeup test for my fujoshi Miku~

I finally found some teal mascara for my eyebrows~ It's really nice and doesn't get gunky, too.
Unread 01-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #5429
AlmostHolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Rose View Post
Wig and makeup test for my fujoshi Miku~

I finally found some teal mascara for my eyebrows~ It's really nice and doesn't get gunky, too.
You look adorable as Miku. The teal mascara looks really awesome on your eyebrows. They look natural. O_o
AlmostHolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2011, 01:15 PM   #5430
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Quote:
You look adorable as Miku. The teal mascara looks really awesome on your eyebrows. They look natural. O_o
Thanks.
homg you have no idea how excited I was to find teal mascara, of all the colors possible for mascara~ Now I'm on the hunt for pink mascara, for my Luka and Sheryl Nome wigs