Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop > Vocaloid

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 538 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 06-20-2014, 09:20 AM   #6301
YuPuffin
Claims to be a puffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkimel5 View Post
Uhm can someone PLEASEEEE answer this question for me? I'm going to the Miku Expo in NY at the Hammerstein Ballroom in October. Do you think that they will have merchandise tables that sell glow sticks? Has anybody been to the Hammerstein Ballroom? Do they have merchandise tables? Did they have that mikunopolis, like a merchandise table where they sold glowsticks? ANYONE, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!! THANK YOU!!
Are you talking about glowsticks to bring to the concert, or just plain souvenir glowsticks? I doubt they're going to distribute glowsticks to have at the Miku concert, but as for just plain glowsticks... I have absolutely no idea.

I went to a showing of one of the Mikupa concerts in my area in 20...11? I think. It wasn't a live concert, it was shown in a theater. Anyway, the whole time I thought, since everyone had them in Japan, the people running it would just hand out glowsticks to all the attendees... nope. I was disappointed. But after that I started keeping a huge stash of different colored glowsticks in my room, and now we have Miku Expo so I finally have some use for them.

Upcoming Cosplays
Rosalie (Tactics) - Early 2015

Cosplays I want to do later
Lucidia (Original character), Keiichi Shimizu (La Corda d'Oro)
YuPuffin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-20-2014, 10:19 AM   #6302
nikkimel5

@YuPuffin Yes. I'm asking if I should bring glow sticks to the concert or buy souvenir glow sticks when I'm there. One more question. Do you think they would allow people to bring glow sticks to the miku concert?
nikkimel5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2014, 01:33 PM   #6303
Codename Otacon
Force a Nature

Quote:
@YuPuffin Yes. I'm asking if I should bring glow sticks to the concert or buy souvenir glow sticks when I'm there. One more question. Do you think they would allow people to bring glow sticks to the miku concert?
Yes, you can bring your own glow sticks to the Miku concert. When Mikunopolis came to LA in 2011, a lot of people brought their own.

*Conventions for 2015*
Wonder Con
Anime Expo

*Cosplay list for 2015*
Red Medic(Fem!)-Team Fortress 2
Red Scout(Fem!)-Team Fortress 2
Codename Otacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2014, 03:57 PM   #6304
MeiChama
Mahou Shoujo★MeiMei

Quote:
You're probably gonna wanna bring your own since they won't have any there most likely. You can get them cheap at the dollar store and whatnot.
Alvin [Genderbend] - Tales of Xillia
Freddy Fazbear [Genderbend Gijinka] - Five Nights at Freddy's
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2014, 10:43 AM   #6305
nikkimel5

Thank you for the suggestions everyone! I was thinking of probably getting a a green LED Glow Stick & Flashlight because I know that Glow sticks fade away at times. So is that a good idea? Oh and one more question, don't LED glow sticks & flashers shut down in an hour because it has an auto off/on button, last for a long time, or do you activate the auto off/on button yourself?

Last edited by nikkimel5 : 06-21-2014 at 11:16 AM.
nikkimel5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2014, 11:11 PM   #6306
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeiChama View Post
Awww you're so nice! Thank you! <3 I think I pretty much decided on which one I wanna do, but I'm still unsure. Anyhoo, these are my four choices:

http://cfile22.uf.tistory.com/origin...5323269534AA45
http://wiki.rageofbahamut.com/images...rant_Miku2.jpg
http://k43.kn3.net/taringa/2/5/0/1/4...analla/3CE.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...20156091_n.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-JVxtnLQqxx...eg?imgmax=2048

((The last two are the same just the first one is from the Magical Mirai concert while the other is the official art from the same song just music video version.))

Whoot whoot! Sounds great! If my Miku plan falls through I'll def be going as Len since I already have the costume and errything. :'D
That first one O.O........You should do that lol
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2014, 07:14 PM   #6307
Swiftstart

Hi all, I was wondering if you guys could maybe give me some pointers as to getting into this fandom? xD
I know the mothy songs, and have seen some mekaku city actors and after that, nothing xD
But I stumbled on Sakura Miku and love love love the design *,*
and I was wondering if any of the other girls have a sakura/seasonal design too- so that my sister and I could match?

Sorry if this is asking a lot, normally getting into a fandom means 'watch the show' or similiar, this time I really am not sure what the source material is/where to start ^^;
Thanks!
Unread 06-24-2014, 07:20 PM   #6308
MeiChama
Mahou Shoujo★MeiMei

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
That first one O.O........You should do that lol
I'm possibly thinking of it, but since I have limited experience, I'd be asking my Cosplay Senpai for help all the way up until the expo itself. XD;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftstart View Post
Hi all, I was wondering if you guys could maybe give me some pointers as to getting into this fandom? xD
I know the mothy songs, and have seen some mekaku city actors and after that, nothing xD
and I was wondering if any of the other girls have a sakura/seasonal design too- so that my sister and I could match?

Sorry if this is asking a lot, normally getting into a fandom means 'watch the show' or similiar, this time I really am not sure what the source material is/where to start ^^;
Thanks!
Welcome to the Vocaloid fandom! As for a Sakura design, the only character I know that has one is Miku. There's also a bunch of Snow Mikus if you decide to go that route!

Edit: Dunno if these are seasonal enough for you guys, but Miku and Rin have matching dresses from the song Colorful x Melody

Miku
Rin
Alvin [Genderbend] - Tales of Xillia
Freddy Fazbear [Genderbend Gijinka] - Five Nights at Freddy's

Last edited by MeiChama : 06-24-2014 at 07:30 PM.
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2014, 09:58 PM   #6309
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

[quote=MeiChama;4886972]I'm possibly thinking of it, but since I have limited experience, I'd be asking my Cosplay Senpai for help all the way up until the expo itself. XD;

Well I guess that's a big part of it..So idk lol Good luck in your choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftstart View Post

Sorry if this is asking a lot, normally getting into a fandom means 'watch the show' or similar, this time I really am not sure what the source material is/where to start ^^;
Thanks!
I'll also welcome you to the fandom, though I'm not as big into it as some others. This is one of those fandoms where you really only need to know the main Vocaloids and the song that you are cosplaying (if it's from a song that has a special outfit, like Magnet which has it's own outfit that goes along). That's the beauty of this fandom..Not being a series, you only need to worry about what you are doing lol No plotline means no need to catch up lol You don;t need to worry about any other versions at all lol

I'm not as familiar with Sakura Miku, so I don't know that they have mating ones, but here's the best part..You can MAKE a matching character. That's what this fandom is basically all about, cosplay and design-wise, is making up designs. A lot of the designs are fan made. Hell there are fan made characters that are normal in cosplay (I cosplay one of them) So there's not much you really need to care about anything if you don't want lol

As for source material, just google a characters name and go into their wikia page (or go to the vocaloid wikia page and look for the name, which takes longer) and their page will usually have every version that is normally seen in videos. Even fan ones. So that;s a good place to look up different versions. Then youtube the video for the song the version goes to. That's all lol

Wel good luck in your cosplays
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2014, 05:35 PM   #6310
Swiftstart

Thanks so much guys! Sorry for the late reply ^^

Cool to know I just have to hop in
And I like those Miku and Rin designs too
Unread 06-29-2014, 11:31 AM   #6311
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Hello guys I'm back!

I don't know if anyone still remembers but earlier I'm pretty sure I mentioned here that I was planning on doing an original kimono!Gakupo cosplay for a coming convention this summer. So said con is Skecon in Sweden (4-6 July) and me and my attending friends decided to have a Vocaloid cosplay group because Skecon will actually hold a Vocaloid concert on Saturday!

I had a photoshoot on the night/morning between 28-29 June and I posted some preview photos over at my cosplay blog; if anyone's interested you can take a look here!
http://valkoinensamurai.blogspot.com...s-part-12.html

Feedback is welcome! I will later upload some of the photos to cosplay.com too but it might take a while.

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Eren Yeager (casual outfit) - Attack on Titan
Levi (suit) - Attack on Titan

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Desucon Frostbite (13-15 February 2015)
FRI ???
SAT ???
SUN ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2014, 12:49 PM   #6312
ZeRO-LESS-
(눈_눈)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
Hello guys I'm back!

I don't know if anyone still remembers but earlier I'm pretty sure I mentioned here that I was planning on doing an original kimono!Gakupo cosplay for a coming convention this summer. So said con is Skecon in Sweden (4-6 July) and me and my attending friends decided to have a Vocaloid cosplay group because Skecon will actually hold a Vocaloid concert on Saturday!

I had a photoshoot on the night/morning between 28-29 June and I posted some preview photos over at my cosplay blog; if anyone's interested you can take a look here!
http://valkoinensamurai.blogspot.com...s-part-12.html

Feedback is welcome! I will later upload some of the photos to cosplay.com too but it might take a while.
You make an absolutely fabulous Gakupo, and your kimono coordination (idk what it's called) looks exactly like something he would wear! (つД`)ノ And IMO, Japan/US should think about following Skecon's example and add bouncy-castles to their cons. I mean, con-goes are all adults who regress to 8 yr olds, who wouldn't love a bouncy-castle??? Maybe Vocaloid concerts as well, but they're not as much fun. ;3 *is rambling*

.:Currently working on:.
Nothing until after New Year's... (・_・;

Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(눈‸눈)ノ

Last edited by ZeRO-LESS- : 06-29-2014 at 12:54 PM.
ZeRO-LESS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2014, 04:48 PM   #6313
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRO-LESS- View Post
You make an absolutely fabulous Gakupo, and your kimono coordination (idk what it's called) looks exactly like something he would wear! (つД`)ノ And IMO, Japan/US should think about following Skecon's example and add bouncy-castles to their cons. I mean, con-goes are all adults who regress to 8 yr olds, who wouldn't love a bouncy-castle??? Maybe Vocaloid concerts as well, but they're not as much fun. ;3 *is rambling*
Aghjds;djks thank you!

Yeah, I agree! Bouncy castles to the cons!!
As far as I know of all the cons I've been to only Swedish cons had bouncy castles - Närcon and now Skecon. I kind of hope more cons would do it because bouncy castles are friggin' awesome and most out there outside of cons have age restrictions and well, that sucks. XD

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Eren Yeager (casual outfit) - Attack on Titan
Levi (suit) - Attack on Titan

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Desucon Frostbite (13-15 February 2015)
FRI ???
SAT ???
SUN ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2014, 09:39 PM   #6314
ZeRO-LESS-
(눈_눈)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
Aghjds;djks thank you!

Yeah, I agree! Bouncy castles to the cons!!
As far as I know of all the cons I've been to only Swedish cons had bouncy castles - Närcon and now Skecon. I kind of hope more cons would do it because bouncy castles are friggin' awesome and most out there outside of cons have age restrictions and well, that sucks. XD
IKR? THEY SHOULD BE MANDATORY DAMN IT!! >D

*ahem* Back on topic; I've decided to cosplay Setsugetsuka!Gakupo even though I usually refuse to wear sleeveless anything. But hey, might as well try IN THE NAME OF A FABULOUS SAMURAI. 8)

Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(눈‸눈)ノ

Last edited by ZeRO-LESS- : 06-29-2014 at 10:41 PM.
Unread 07-13-2014, 02:39 PM   #6315
ZeRO-LESS-
(눈_눈)

I'm going to cosplay kimono/Episode.0!Gakupo and need some help: Should I stick with traditional footwear (waraji and tabi in this case), or wear platform boots for the extra height? I'm hesitant about waraji because I'M A FUCKING 164 CM TALL, and I could boost that to 173 cm with heels...but modern shoes look kinda funny with kimono and hakama. Then again, Gakupo is flamboyant enough to pull it off.... And the kimono and hakama are black, jsyk.
tl;tr Shorty-short with waraji or decent height with modern boots, I NEED HELP!!! (つД`)ノ

Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(눈‸눈)ノ