Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 06-29-2003, 01:47 PM   #1
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Exclamation Conventions featured on Cosplay.com

Does anyone else wish that Anime North was getting the same exposure on Cosplay.com as some of the other conventions such as Fanime or A-Kon? I wonder if there is anyway this could be achived?

We have this fantastic Anime Event in Canada and our numbers are comperable to other cons that are featured. Our Masquerade is SUPER FANTASTIC and more importantly unlike some conventions we have TWO costuming events and they're open to everyone.

That's my rant. LOL!

Cheers!
~Dawn

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com

Last edited by Kaijugal : 06-29-2003 at 01:50 PM.
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-29-2003, 02:09 PM   #2
Kisa

Yeah. You get used to being ignored...

Last year on Fans View we got shafted by sharing with ACEN and having half as many pictures as most cons, and this year they didn't even bother with us.
Engh. But yeah. Maybe we jsut don't have enough 'big name' cosplayers or something. Or we're not cool/HOT enough to be featured on cosplay.com *snerk*
Kisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2003, 02:13 PM   #3
Chosuke
Le Chevalier

I noticed we don't even have a gallery in the 'member con photos' section. I thought we would at least have a tiny place there.
Also I think the problem amy be that we are so out of the way compared to cons they could also go to,which are much nearer. Not to mention alot bigger..

Cest la vie. Unless someone can convince them to come to AN instead of going to Anime Central or whever they go,we're shafted.

Cho's Wig Commissions - Click here for information, examples and a free quote!
Chosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2003, 02:21 PM   #4
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Maybe we should approact them about this. You know "the squeeky wheel gets the grease" and all.... Hm. Alternately we could collectively start an ANIME NORTH cosplayers view website where we all submit. That could showcase the positive aspects of the convention and be our own voice.

As for not having High Profile Cosplayers, that's all about how much press one gets isn't it? (thus the idea of creating our own board and supplimenting it with the great shots we will get from our planned photoshoots!) I firmly belive that we have cosplayers attending Anime North that are on par with any of the "high profile" cosplayers in the states! Our job is to show it off!!

CHEERS! ~Dawn

4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
www.costumecon32.com
Unread 06-29-2003, 06:35 PM   #5
Maki Yu.Ki.Ame
teMaki~ teMaki~

I know! I was wondering the same thing too! AN really should deserve a gallery of themselves~!! It's the best con ever! (sorry, i've only attended to An and CN......I dunno about other Canadian cons....but AN is the best of the 2 for me~ Anime concentrated ^^)

Maki
Maki Yu.Ki.Ame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2003, 06:38 PM   #6
Kia
Queen of Tacky Costumes

Hum... I was wondering about thins myself just after the con... Why *are* we left out? I certainly hope that someone, other than the Canadian cosplayers themselves, cares about us... I'm sure that if we asked that we would get at least a mini-gallery, but do we just want to stop there?

We also got shafted alot this year b/c of SARS. I remember commenting on one of the pre-AN threads about how a large number of people kept posting about how they were no longer comming, whether directly b/c of SARS or indirectly. It was kind of unsettling to hear how many people had just turned around and made alternative plans to attend other big American cons instead. This *may* have helped to increase our lack of profile this year, but who really knows. Maybe if we start making a stink about it closer to AN 04 then someone might listen and pay attention to us for once.

Also, if it has something to do with high profile cosplayers, then maybe we should just do what I think Dawn is suggesting and create some "high profile" of our own. ^_^ Screw the system, lets just do it our way. ^_^

[Kia's 2012 Convention Season:]
[Con-G - Ad Astra 31 - Anime North - Polaris 26]

[Planned costumes for 2012:]
[NEW: Suki/Lily/Mime]
[TO FINISH: Sakura/Ayumi
]
Kia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2003, 07:37 PM   #7
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Quote:
Originally posted by Kia
Hum... I was wondering about thins myself just after the con... Why *are* we left out? I certainly hope that someone, other than the Canadian cosplayers themselves, cares about us... I'm sure that if we asked that we would get at least a mini-gallery, but do we just want to stop there?

Let's start writing requests to cosplay.com. And promote others to do that as well.!

Quote:
We also got shafted alot this year b/c of SARS. I remember commenting on one of the pre-AN threads about how a large number of people kept posting about how they were no longer comming,
I attended the convention wrap up meeting last week and I can tell you that we *STILL* had a dramatic increase in attendance. Sarcasm-Hime will confirm this I'm sure.

Quote:
Also, if it has something to do with high profile cosplayers, then maybe we should just do what I think Dawn is suggesting and create some "high profile" of our own. ^_^ Screw the system, lets just do it our way. ^_^
Yes that's exactly what we should do. I wholeheartedly second that. !!

Let the Canaidan Cosplay bedia blitz begin!

www.costumecon32.com
Unread 06-29-2003, 08:14 PM   #8
Erilan
Hi. I'm Eric from Canada.

I talked to Admin about this awhile ago. The cons on that page are ones he attended, and all the pictures were taken by him with his godly $13000(USD) camera.

I'm gonna try to talk him at Otakon to coming to AN2004. Its a possibility as long as AN doesn't end up conflicting with Animazement. If it does, its prolly gonna be difficult. :/
Erilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2003, 08:26 PM   #9
Chosuke
Le Chevalier

You go Erilan!
You go gi-err.. Boy!

O.T:didja see the pics of us in the MAKI gallerY?

Cho's Wig Commissions - Click here for information, examples and a free quote!
Chosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2003, 08:40 PM   #10
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Quote:
Originally posted by Erilan
I talked to Admin about this awhile ago. The cons on that page are ones he attended, and all the pictures were taken by him with his godly $13000(USD) camera.

I'm gonna try to talk him at Otakon to coming to AN2004. Its a possibility as long as AN doesn't end up conflicting with Animazement. If it does, its prolly gonna be difficult. :/
Perhaps if he doesn't want to attend Anime North. (only God knows why he wouldn't) <winks> Perhaps Thri-Kreen/Brian from Animecafe.net would be willing to help out. He also has Godly Camera Will Travel and he and Ian Stuart are the officail AN Photograpy staff.

Oh, and if I've not mentioned it before, I really liked your Voldo
costume from AN2000.

www.costumecon32.com
Unread 06-29-2003, 10:08 PM   #11
archangeli
~ Ich bin da. ~

The dates for AN04 are already set. It's gonna be coinciding with Memorial Day Weekend in the US (May 28-30, 2004).

Kaijugal - were you the judge that gave my costume a hall award? I remember that she said "Super Fantastic!" about 6 times while I was talking to her ^_^
archangeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2003, 01:03 AM   #12
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Quote:
Originally posted by archangeli
The dates for AN04 are already set. It's gonna be coinciding with Memorial Day Weekend in the US (May 28-30, 2004).

Kaijugal - were you the judge that gave my costume a hall award? I remember that she said "Super Fantastic!" about 6 times while I was talking to her ^_^
<laughs> Oh Yes that was me. <blushes>

<chuckles and blushes> Very observant.

Well, your costume was.....you know..

~ Kai / Dawn

www.costumecon32.com
Unread 06-30-2003, 01:20 AM   #13
Maki Yu.Ki.Ame
teMaki~ teMaki~

speaking of that, I was wondering why this yr's AN moved to Victoria day's weekend?
Unread 06-30-2003, 01:24 AM   #14
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Quote:
Originally posted by Maki Yu.Ki.Ame
speaking of that, I was wondering why this yr's AN moved to Victoria day's weekend?
I think it had something to do with another event having booked the hotel on the weekend we usually hold AN. That seems to come to mind. Maybe it was the Music Fest. THey were storing thier band equipment in the room we usually like to use for the Greenroom.

www.costumecon32.com
Unread 06-30-2003, 01:51 PM   #15
Maki Yu.Ki.Ame
teMaki~ teMaki~

heehe, I was thinking of that too~ ^^
I think AN would have more ppl if it werent' for SARS and the overlaps with another anime con. Heehe, next yr I am sure will have A LOT MORE people join then this yr! (and AN is growing fast!!)