Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 93 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-08-2009, 01:54 PM   #166
november.eyes
Srsly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkai View Post
Hmmm....do you know if by color matching acrylic paint with a person's skin tone if you can fake thinner brows? I get that foundation won't work over top, but I consider myself pretty good with color matching; I think I could get a color quite close to their skin tone and be able to blend the rest in with powder.
Yes, you can use this tutorial to change the shape of your eyebrows. I took out my paints and glue and managed to make my right eyebrow completely disappear under skin coloured paint, glue and makeup. I will probably be putting up a tutorial this week to help those who want to make their eyebrow disappear or change their eyebrow shape, but in case I do not have enough time,
- make sure there is plenty of glue covering the bottom edge of your eyebrow, since you'll probably be wanting to thin the eyebrows away from the eyes.
- Be patient when mixing the paint, just because it matches your concealer makeup, does not mean it matches your skin.
- I know you'll want to try to paste on coverup makeup right overtop the glue, or mix some liquid makeup into your paint to match the colour easier. Do not do this, start with glue, then paint. Once the paint is completely dry, blend in the paint better by applying concealer to your eyebrow and surrounding area up to your forehead with a makeup sponge, NOT your fingers. You can also use copious amounts of powder on top XD It was a very fiddly process, but I adored the outcome. I wish you luck, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dango! View Post
I was wondering:
1. Will it drip/smear if I sweat? If I sweat and accidently blot/run the back of my hand against the eye brows?
2. Will white school glue work? [Elmer's kind.]
1. No, acrylic paint drys much like a latex plastic. It will stay on unless you literally wash the glue off from underneith. No smearing or dripping, I promise XD Think of it as coloured gel, only less see through and longer lasting.
2. Yes, Elmer's school glue will work, I have also used it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydragon119 View Post
it is a spachial color (for mekup) or just reguler paint ???
becuse i nide to make main blonde to
It helps to bring your wig to a store and match it to a colour of paint. The colour used in the tutorial was "Honeycomb" from the paint brand "Folkart" mixed with a little bit of white paint to make it more blonde coloured.
november.eyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-11-2009, 11:31 PM   #167
weenie_

First off, this is probably my favorite tutorial that I've ever used. Its simple and easy AND it actually works!

Second, if you want another example of how it looks, I have some pictures of my face in Neliel (Bleach) make up with seafoam green eyebrows. They needed to be a little darker to look more realistic, but that is my own fault in not mixing the color well enough. Anyways...

Thanks so much for this great tutorial!
weenie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2009, 07:09 PM   #168
winnster

i wonder if it is it possible to use concealer and foundation instead of acrylic paint over the glue, to conceal eyebrows? 8DDD *runs off to try*
winnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2009, 04:19 PM   #169
YohK
Always Aquire the Target.

Thank you!! This has me saved from dyeing my eyebrows!!

Tumblr
YohK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2009, 09:00 PM   #170
Seoul

Okay this i may have to try! Other things i've tried havent worked to my satisfaction and i have black eyebrows too.
Seoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2009, 07:04 PM   #171
christeenapants
C-Rex

Great Tutorial

Hey guys!
november.eyes, this is an awesome idea. I have very dark eyebrows and just tried this method for myself. I used Elmer's School Glue and some DecoCeramcoat acrylic paint, then cleaned up the edges with some astringent on a Q-tip:

It was very easy to wash off with warm water and a washcloth.
Thank you, november.eyes!
christeenapants is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2009, 12:35 AM   #172
chicpunk

it's taking FOREVER when im doing ma cosplay make-up T.T
chicpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #173
mousegirl
The Cute Adorable Mouse

thank you so much for this!

Upcoming Cons:

Comikaze [Cassie Lang, Fem!Impluse, Steampunk!Supergirl]
PMX [Secret Cosplay]
mousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2009, 11:02 AM   #174
haovnp2

False Eyelashes and Fake Eyelashes

Fabulous reusable false eyelashes in every color known to man.
The highest quality false eyelashes for professionally applied look. Easy to use.
Every lash is carefully hand made, with 100% sterilized human hair in black or hair-like fiber in colored lashes, to perfect uniformity and uncompromising quality.
Instructions:
1. False eyelashes may be trimmed in width or length to suit your eye size or personal preference. Try original length before cutting.
2. Apply fake eyelash glue sparingly to lash band. Wait 10 seconds for adhesive to become sticky.
3. Position false eyelashes slightly above your natural lash and press ends into place. Gently press across entire lash until set.
4. To remove, gently peel false eyelashes band off lid, starting at outer corner. Remove adhesive from band and place your false eyelashes back to the tray for re-use.
False eyelashes wholesale available.
Unread 06-13-2009, 04:47 PM   #175
Soliel_Hime
where's my cookie?!

Wow! This is great, and so much better than the alternative of bleaching and dying my eyebrows. Majority of my cosplays involve lighter colored hair, and black eyebrows just made my wigs look even more fake. Thanks a ton for the tutorial.
Heisuke (Hakuouki)-50%
Panty (PSG)-45%
Punk!England (Hetalia)-90%
Pirate!England (Hetalia)-95%
Queen of Hearts! Japan (Hetalia)-10%
Kyouko (Madoka)-5%

~Soliel Hime
Soliel_Hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2009, 06:24 PM   #176
Reinax

There's no risk that the glue might tear out eyebrow hair, is there? I figure it should be fine if I just wash it off, but has anyone had the experience of losing substantial amounts of hair?
Reinax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2009, 12:31 AM   #177
dorapoch

I found a wonderful product at my local sally after doing some online research.

They're called Hair Highlighters... and they come in tubes with ranging colors. If you have dark eyebrows (like myself), I use foundation and powder to cover the eyebrows...or concealer, then color them with these cosmetic highlighter...hmm...I should try them out and see which one works the best. The reason I'd rather use this vs glue and paint is because of the danger it may cause if those gets in your eye. I'm a safety freak and am very careful as to what I put on my face. hehe

I'll post again later after I try them out. It should work though, I only half tried them out just to see if they work...and they work without the base, but u want them well to show in pictures.
dorapoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2009, 08:11 PM   #178
DOC_Chaos
Professional SPFX Makeup

I just discovered a product at a mekup artist trade show that makes this process oh so very easy. Skin Illustrator has come out with a pallete for the very purpose of changing eyebrow colors. The pallete is alcohol activated makeup so it will not sweat off and the demo gave great results. I'll admit it is not cheap but I've used alcohol actived makeup before and you more then get your moneys worth.
DOC_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2009, 08:08 AM   #179
november.eyes
Srsly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinax View Post
There's no risk that the glue might tear out eyebrow hair, is there? I figure it should be fine if I just wash it off, but has anyone had the experience of losing substantial amounts of hair?
No, there's no risk. It quite literally just washes off. Unless you are attempting to peel off the glue and paint right off your eyebrow while its dry, which I don't recommend, it hurts quite alot. And even then, I've found people only lose 1 or 2 hairs. Eyebrow hair is suprisingly resistant haha.

But no, I've used this technique on 4 different people as well as myself countless times and have never lost any hair in the process by washing it off.
november.eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2009, 06:44 PM   #180
wisecraxx
Tania C.

@november.eyes: Like a lot of other people have said: Thank you very much for this helpful tutorial.
I honestly thought it was more difficult but I'm very glad to be proved wrong.

Your costumes are awesome, by the way.

Next Convention: Otakon
----------------
Different Sites

Complete Cosplay List.

wisecraxx is offline   Reply With Quote