Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 29 votes, 4.86 average.
Unread 07-31-2008, 11:24 AM   #61
Tifran
Pie!

My mom hates cossplay in general, but she'd rather i at least stick to a girl if i do it at all. She keeps telling to get a new hobby xp
Tifran is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-03-2008, 02:12 PM   #62
danayoki

...I don't crossplay. xDD
Cause if I showed my dad the ref pic and told him to cut the fabric for me, he would ask ".........................is that a guy?"
...If I said yes then.........
HE WOULD FREAK.
I've never crossplayed before so I don't even know xD
But they like it when I cosplay - cause I'm continuing the family chain of being pro at sewing xDD
And they help me - just my dad complains a lot - but hey - idc xD
danayoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2008, 04:04 PM   #63
VanityWeasel
Still Uses 'Snazzy'

Apparently my mum used to "crossplay" for Halloween when she was a kid (she always went as Zoro) so I'm pretty much in the clear. =D She thinks most of the male anime cosplays are better than the females, anyway. ^^;
VanityWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2008, 04:11 PM   #64
Gaara1986uk
gakusei da yo

hmmm I never thought about what others thought. Maybe cos I'm a rather a tomboy anyway haha
Gaara1986uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2008, 04:19 PM   #65
Jacaranda
Spastic Sagittarius

My parents don't really care. As long as my costume's not that revealing, I'm pretty much set.

My mom did bribe me with a talking Piplup plush so I would cosplay as a girl, though. That's not so strange to me, though, as she's always trying to get me to dress more girly.
Jacaranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2008, 04:23 PM   #66
RitsuBilly
Ritsu Billy

My mom hates it. She said I should dress like a girl, and no wonder why people make fun of me u_u
RitsuBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2008, 04:31 PM   #67
。◕‿◕。23SKIDOO
Hello Emily.

my parents are too dumb to tell whether they are boys or not. its just sort of normal to me to be a guy. i wouldnt ever cosplay my own gender, any excuse to be a boy is great ^^

but i cant ever pull it off though ><
Unread 08-08-2008, 04:39 PM   #68
CaptinAdora

My mom works with cars for a living so she's a bit of a tomboy so she pefers me to be more of a tomboy myself, but I tend to whear fairy wings, rainbow suspenders, random jewlery in my hair and more of that sort dayly, so she could care less by now. lol
CaptinAdora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2008, 07:32 AM   #69
CheetosFtw
._TheBishounen_.

My Mum Has mixed opinions:
She says:
Why can't you just leave your boobs?! Why do you have to tape them?!
(i obviously reply) Me: Well, Male characters don't have boobs. Help me tape 'um.
Ands then again:
Mum: I'm not paying for ANY of your cosplays, Male or Female! As long as you make the costume yourself and buy the material with your own money I don't care, Just don't drag me into it >.<;;

My Dad Doesn't Want Me To Cosplay Atall.
Hes against It 100%
He keeps calling me a Nerd.
he thinks im a nerd D:
In a sence, I am. But thats besides the point.

Last edited by CheetosFtw : 09-01-2008 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Found out my Dad's Opinion
CheetosFtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2008, 09:47 AM   #70
FireSpyro
Foxhound

My dad doesn't really take an interest at all with my costumes and everything, while my mum is totally fine with it (althought I think she wouldn't really be if my brother wanted to go as a girl O.o)
Lucky for me (in some ways) I have small boobs so I don't take them or anything She helped me onceby making a cloak, which was for a female costume, while when I wanted help being Vincent Valentine, my sister helped me, but if she hadn't my mum still would have

Hell hath no fury like a woman with a sharp object and no chocolate!!! khrymson-taibhsean Quote from Deviant Art
FireSpyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2008, 12:32 PM   #71
LoveTheBomb
Atomic Bomb

It seems to me that there is a great deal less concern about F to M crosspaly than M to F. Like the guy on the first page, saying that his dad would think he was gay. There is an enormous amount of F to M crossplayers around and I have yet to hear all that many stories about people calling them butch or dyke ect. it's terribly sad.

On my end of the spectrum, I have recently been more and more aware of how much I like how my boobs look, and my parents would perfer me in crossplay.

Last edited by LoveTheBomb : 08-09-2008 at 12:35 PM. Reason: forgot something
LoveTheBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2008, 09:56 PM   #72
UrMastrInuYasha
Baka

my parents don't care. they just lol'd at it. mom thought it was cute. dad just had this o_o; look on his face.

UrMastrInuYasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2008, 11:26 PM   #73
Kyriea
Rabid Fangirl!

I don't crossplay personally, (and if I did, my mom probably wouldn't mind too much.) but my best friend does. (shes not able to get a cos.com account. TT_TT) She's actually planning an Open shirt crossplay, but her dad doesn't know it yet. Her mom is really awesome about it, always joking around with her but helping her where she needs it. Her dad though....lets just put it this way. She's as boyish as a girl can get, but her dad wants her to be a princess. And yet he teaches her how to kill a man a bajillion different ways... (Ex Airforce special ops...)
Kyriea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2008, 04:10 PM   #74
StrongJaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveTheBomb View Post
It seems to me that there is a great deal less concern about F to M crosspaly than M to F. Like the guy on the first page, saying that his dad would think he was gay. There is an enormous amount of F to M crossplayers around and I have yet to hear all that many stories about people calling them butch or dyke ect. it's terribly sad.
Thats just society. The women's rights movement empowered women to "do anything a man can do." So a woman dressing as a man is almost seen as progressive and a good thing. Whilst men are expected to be men, and if you dress like a woman you're gay, a wuss, and every other type of insult you can think of. But thats slightly off topic.

My parents: Father doesn't know. My mother knows and doesn't really care. I look like her anyway and am the same size so I can borrow shoes and stuff. She thinks it's hilarious cause she's had some of her friends hit on me when we go to bars together.
StrongJaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2008, 05:45 PM   #75
Pink_Lightning
Party like it's 1999!!

My dad doesn't know I cosplay men... he's seen me in cosplay once and it was J-rock cosplay. If he knew I was cosplaying men, I'm SURE he would have a problem with it... but he generally stays out of my business when it comes to cosplay. Even when he didn't know who I was cosplaying, he sort of acted awkward about it and didn't look at me much.

I doubt my mom would care much... but I don't live with her, so that wouldn't be an issue anyway.
Pink_Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote