Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 37 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-07-2008, 11:49 PM   #46
Shii Arisugawa

small & slender. if you squeeze her too hard, her bones will break.

Last edited by Shii Arisugawa : 03-20-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Shii Arisugawa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-08-2008, 02:50 AM   #47
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shii Arisugawa View Post

!*Jessi-Chan*!: Here's how CosplayWig's Klan Klan wig looks, I'd still like to see the back of the wig to see if the low ponytails are attached to the clip or not. Anyway, just keep checking back to see if it's in stock, or you could always send them an e-mail/message.
i'm drooling over that wig right now. it's absolutely gorgeous! thanks for the pic! i'm going to be checking every other day now to see if they get it back in. They seem to frown upon emailing/messaging them (which really sucks when you havent recieved your wigs and must make a case with ebay when you just wanna ask them where the wigs are... >.<) I hope they get it back in stock so i can pounce on it. I'm terribly excited about my Klan Klan costume

Potential Costumes Aisha Clan Clan, WilyKat, Storm
!*Jessi-Chan*! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2008, 10:26 AM   #48
MegumiHime
Fairy Doctor

Quote:
MegumiHime: I used Kwik Sew #2651 as a base for the SMS jacket, I didn't have to alter the pattern much 'cept make the sleeves and bottom shorter, and it took me less than 5 hours to sew and line it? I can't remember... I used regular twill fabric, I've seen some pictures of Japanese cosplayers use vinyl or leather but that looks kinda weird, imo.
Thanks a bunch. I figured twill was my safest route to go. Also, what did you do for the patches? Did you use the official ones? Or made them? And if you made them, how?
Unread 12-08-2008, 05:19 PM   #49
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

Klan Klan's wig is up on ebay! YAY! But i dont have the money right now so i'm so nervous about it. I'm trying to convince someone to get it for me as a christmas gift. I will be watching ebay constantly between now and christmas *sighs*

Unread 12-10-2008, 10:10 PM   #50
Shii Arisugawa

small & slender. if you squeeze her too hard, her bones will break.

Last edited by Shii Arisugawa : 03-20-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Shii Arisugawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2008, 10:23 PM   #51
MegumiHime
Fairy Doctor

Quote:
I finished making the patches, and just uploaded a picture in my gallery if anyone wants to take a look!

For MegumiHime, or anyone else wanting to make their own patches: Just save the SMS Emblem and VF-25 Emblem patches, and resize them in Photoshop, printing out a few copies of each to use as a "pattern" for cutting out the patches. The SMS Emblem I made is close to the official patch in size at 7.3cm high x 7cm across, but I made the VF-25 patch bigger at approximately 12.2cm high x 9.5cm across, as the official ones are 8cm high x 6.2cm across which looks TINY. I used vinyl fabric for my patches, cutting out "layers" then gluing them together... the wing detail on the VF-25 Emblem are a few strokes from a Sharpie. lol

I just have to attach the patches to the jacket, and I'll be all done with my first commissioned costume. ^^
Thank you so much for the idea. Your patches look amazing! And actually, I think I almost prefer them then the official ones. I wasn't going to sit here and spend about the same cost in patches as it would cover the material cost all together so I've been trying to get ideas for it for a while now. I think by far, yours seem to work the best. I'll have to try it soon. Thanks again!
Unread 12-11-2008, 11:55 AM   #52
Ryocha
Mecha Monkee

A friend and I are planning on doing Ranka and Nanase in their Nyan Nyan Restaurant uniforms for Anime North 2009. There's not much discussion of a group for that convention, sadly though. ;_;
  • Noriko Takaya - Aim for the Top! Gunbuster
  • Third Doctor - Doctor Who
Ryocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2008, 04:38 PM   #53
Crystalike
:3

I'm dying to cosplay as date Sheryl from ep 6.(you know,the floaty aqua shirt with blue tights), but I'm slacking off and don't really want to sew the shirt...XD I know it's a dolman style blouse and that I could easily buy fabric for it from my old workplace (Hancock Fabrics) but eh....I'm watching out on Forever21 to get a shirt that could work.
Crystalike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2008, 04:44 PM   #54
MegumiHime
Fairy Doctor

Just finished my SMS jacket today. Still have to make the patches though.
Unread 01-07-2009, 01:10 AM   #55
Mikka☆
World Is Mine~♪

Hmmm, I'm in deep debate on whether to do Sheryl's simple but very common casual outfit or her pretty but complicated Lion outfit.

Does anyone know where one might find a good pattern for Sheryl's Lion OP outfit. Mostly for her corset? :/

-Previously known as Houkiboshi-chan-

✖ Events Attending:✖
ALA '10. Fanime '10. AX '10.

Currently Working on:
-none ATM-

Full Cosplay ListLivejournalDeviantArt
Mikka☆ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2009, 02:18 AM   #56
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

i forgot to update on my Macross Frontier costumes

I'm getting my Klan Klan comissioned so i can finish some other stuff. I've found my commissioner and got quote! the wig is still on cosplay wig which makes me happy. I need to order it whenever i get the chance.

Unread 01-07-2009, 12:36 PM   #57
Lakari
MmMm~chocolate...XD

I'm just curious, with all the different versions people have made of Sheryl's earring, which one is your fave? I spent alot of time staring at all sorts of earrings to find one that satisfies me in terms of accuracy and blingbling-ness XD. Post links to pics if you want =3.
Unread 01-07-2009, 01:19 PM   #58
Cassie-tan
Mechaphile Extraordinaire

http://cgi.ebay.com/Macross-Frontier-Sheryl-Nome-Earring-Cosplay_W0QQitemZ280299984522QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item280299984522&_trksid=p32 86.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1209|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A 1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

I recently puchased this one and it worked very well for me. Its a decent weight too. Sad thing, the gem is attached to the earring :/

Im finishing up my Diamond Crevasse Sheryl for Ohayocon and also am bringing my Military and Stardate Sheryl <3 Its a sheryl-tastic weekend!

Sakura Shinguuji- Sakura Taisen
Morrigan Aensland- Darkstalkers

Loki/Noki- Dogs: Carnage

Next Conventions
Ichibancon 2013
Ohayocon 2013- Sat only
Katsucon 2013

Check out my cosplay photography http://kashiitancosplayphotos.weebly...otoshoots.html
Cassie-tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2009, 01:21 PM   #59
Cassie-tan
Mechaphile Extraordinaire

and FWIW http://cgi.ebay.com/MACROSS-FRONTIER-KLAN-KLAN-Cosplay-Wig-BLUE_W0QQitemZ320326014043QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item320326014043&_trksid=p3286. c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|2 40%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

This Klan Klan wig is AMAZING!! <3

Sakura Shinguuji- Sakura Taisen
Morrigan Aensland- Darkstalkers

Loki/Noki- Dogs: Carnage

Next Conventions
Ichibancon 2013
Ohayocon 2013- Sat only
Katsucon 2013

Check out my cosplay photography http://kashiitancosplayphotos.weebly...otoshoots.html
Cassie-tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2009, 01:41 PM   #60
sleepy_hikari

I'm planning on doing Alto. I got his uniform figured out...but I'm stuck on one thing: his hair. I've seen a lot of cosplayer use different shades of blue...and when I look at the anime...his hair is dark blue? [memory fails]

Slowly moving to ♪ A K I R A ♪
sleepy_hikari is offline   Reply With Quote