Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 36 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-07-2009, 01:46 PM   #61
Cassie-tan
Mechaphile Extraordinaire

I would say..Its a midnight blue color. A Blue base with a black highlight? The Ivy wig from Cosworx in the Midnight blue would be perfect for a wig for him.

Sakura Shinguuji- Sakura Taisen
Morrigan Aensland- Darkstalkers

Loki/Noki- Dogs: Carnage

Next Conventions
Ichibancon 2013
Ohayocon 2013- Sat only
Katsucon 2013

Check out my cosplay photography http://kashiitancosplayphotos.weebly...otoshoots.html
Cassie-tan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-07-2009, 02:24 PM   #62
Luna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houkiboshi-chan View Post
Hmmm, I'm in deep debate on whether to do Sheryl's simple but very common casual outfit or her pretty but complicated Lion outfit.

Does anyone know where one might find a good pattern for Sheryl's Lion OP outfit. Mostly for her corset? :/
Use any corset pattern from costume section in Simplicity or other catalogs. Even pattern for one of those fancy dresses tops would work.
I used this pattern for my Lion costume.
http://www.simplicity.com/assets/3675/3675.jpg

Actually, you can even buy similar corset at the stores like Fredericks or Victoria Secret, I know I saw one there before and went - CRAP, I want 10 hours of my life back! That stupid corset took forever, lol.

Psycho-Pass
Magi Labyrinth of Magic
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2009, 04:23 PM   #63
sleepy_hikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie-tan View Post
I would say..Its a midnight blue color. A Blue base with a black highlight? The Ivy wig from Cosworx in the Midnight blue would be perfect for a wig for him.
Really? Somehow I always image a light blue [the one that Cosworx has]

Slowly moving to ♪ A K I R A ♪
sleepy_hikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2009, 05:01 PM   #64
Cassie-tan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy_hikari View Post
Really? Somehow I always image a light blue [the one that Cosworx has]
http://myanimelist.net/character/755...otome/pictures

Heres some comparison pictures of him together. It looks a lot more on the darker side than a light blue for me for some reason O_O;

Next Conventions
Ichibancon 2013
Ohayocon 2013- Sat only
Katsucon 2013

Check out my cosplay photography http://kashiitancosplayphotos.weebly...otoshoots.html
Unread 01-16-2009, 10:36 AM   #65
akira_chan

So I just recently finished this series and I absolutely loved it and of course now I want to make some costumes from it. Since I have the majority of the fabrics I would need in my stash(aka fabric mountain in the corner of my room) as well as a wig that would work with some styling, I'm planning out a Catherine Glass costume. That and I also want to do a Klan Klein costume as well but it'll be on the backburner for now since I have so many other costumes planned and I promised myself I wasn't going to buy anymore wigs unless I could sell some of the wigs I'm not using(I have 2 listed on the marketplace, plus i'm planning on putting up 2 more).

Since its a bit difficult to find good references for her, I ordered the artbook. I hopefully will have this done for Fanime but we'll see.
akira_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 06:37 PM   #66
Mikka☆
World Is Mine~♪

w000! I finished my Sheryl Casual outfit last week! =D
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1863117/

So happy! =D Now I gotta work on my Lion Outfit! X_X

-Previously known as Houkiboshi-chan-

✖ Events Attending:✖
ALA '10. Fanime '10. AX '10.

Currently Working on:
-none ATM-

Full Cosplay ListLivejournalDeviantArt
Mikka☆ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 06:49 PM   #67
monochroma

Houkiboshi-chan, congrats XD! I love how you did the top !! Best part about it is you could probably get away with wearing things like that in public too!

Anyway, I've been pondering with the idea of doing Ranka's yellow dress, considering my sewing skills are kind of pathetic so it'd be a nice, simple costume to attempt, and it's cuteeeeeeee. I was wondering though, you know the blue triangles at the bottom? Would fabric paint do the job, or should I layer a blue cloth over the dress?
monochroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 11:08 PM   #68
Mikka☆
World Is Mine~♪

@ monochroma: awww! thanks so much! =D I probably will one time! xDDD It's uber casual! xD

Hmmm, as for the triangles, I say you should layer blue cloth on it, juss so it looks neat and crisp. 'Cause fabric paint is a HASSLE, not to mention it gets kinda messy. xD (I've tried it b4) xDD

Currently Working on:
-none ATM-

Unread 01-16-2009, 11:34 PM   #69
Cagalli Kasshu
Galactic Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna View Post
Use any corset pattern from costume section in Simplicity or other catalogs. Even pattern for one of those fancy dresses tops would work.
I used this pattern for my Lion costume.
http://www.simplicity.com/assets/3675/3675.jpg

Actually, you can even buy similar corset at the stores like Fredericks or Victoria Secret, I know I saw one there before and went - CRAP, I want 10 hours of my life back! That stupid corset took forever, lol.
hi people, i'm new here =P

i did my Sheryl Lion's top with this pattern http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=10103750 , then i altered it

It was very easy, and it's more tight than the one you posted, doing the "OMG MY BOOBS ARE POPPING OUT (but no, really)!" look. Maybe i'll have some pictures up soon, but it turned very nice (not as good as i wanted because i'm a complete n00b at sewing, this was my first project... how smart i am! /sarcasm) You must try it several times because the measurements that came in the envelope are very weird. Mine are the equivalent of size 6 there, but it turned too big for me when i sewed it, so it ended smaller than the size 4 one...

now, i still have a little issue... do you, people, know where i can get good and nice short violet gloves online? I need a pair here ASAP... how i love my country and it lack of colors...
The way god made me
I am what I am
Don't try and change me

Last edited by Cagalli Kasshu : 01-16-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Cagalli Kasshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2009, 07:48 PM   #70
Mikka☆
World Is Mine~♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cagalli Kasshu View Post
now, i still have a little issue... do you, people, know where i can get good and nice short violet gloves online? I need a pair here ASAP... how i love my country and it lack of colors...
mmm, i've tried hard to look for good gloves. It's for Sheryl's outfit right What I was planning to do was buy some fancy elbow high opera gloves and cut them. Try browsing around local stores if they have any opera gloves. If not, there's always ebay! =D

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sexy-PAIR-of-Purple-21-inches-Long-Satin-Opera-Gloves_W0QQitemZ270329300065QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_ CSA_WC_Intimates?hash=item270329300065&_trksid=p32 86.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A 1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A2|294%3A50

Currently Working on:
-none ATM-

Unread 01-18-2009, 12:44 AM   #71
Cagalli Kasshu
Galactic Fairy

Quote:
mmm, i've tried hard to look for good gloves. It's for Sheryl's outfit right What I was planning to do was buy some fancy elbow high opera gloves and cut them. Try browsing around local stores if they have any opera gloves. If not, there's always ebay! =D
oh nice idea, i'll give those opera gloves a try. I also found a pair of purple ones that "·match" my tight highs on eBay that i was about to buy, but since i was going to debute that costume on jan. 16 (yes, last friday) i just searched almost on every place here and i didn't found anyting. Now i will order something online.
You just can't get some goods here, like rainbow colors gloves and tight highs, i got my purple ones on Brazil 2 years ago... and i just bought them because "maybe i would need them in a future"... and the future was Sheryl xD
The way god made me
I am what I am
Don't try and change me
Cagalli Kasshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2009, 05:10 AM   #72
akira_chan

For those who are looking for opera gloves and tights and whatnot in a rainbow of colors, check out www.welovecolors.com. 45 different colors to choose from so you have a huge selection.
Unread 01-18-2009, 12:42 PM   #73
Mikka☆
World Is Mine~♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by akira_chan View Post
For those who are looking for opera gloves and tights and whatnot in a rainbow of colors, check out www.welovecolors.com. 45 different colors to choose from so you have a huge selection.
omg! you are my hero! *_* I've been searching for good lavendar thigh highs! Thanks!

Currently Working on:
-none ATM-

Unread 01-19-2009, 04:36 AM   #74
akira_chan

Houkiboshi-chan: No problem! This place saved me back when I needed blue stockings and gloves that matched.

Also, I have been looking at wigs for klan Klein, and what shade of blue is her hair? In some references it looks more of a lighter blue and in some references it looks darker blue. Man why won't my artbook come sooner?
Unread 01-19-2009, 12:08 PM   #75
Cassie-tan

Quote:
w000! I finished my Sheryl Casual outfit last week! =D
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1863117/

So happy! =D Now I gotta work on my Lion Outfit! X_X
That looks really awesome! <3 Im sewing my headband today to finish up my Stardate Sheryl.

FWIW: @ Welovecolors.com I bought the Violet Stockings for my Lion and they are perfect. However DO NOT buy the wrist gloves. They are actually quite heavy fabric and also resemble gardening gloves. :/ I was looking for more a matte spandex or satin.

http://www.greatglovesonline.com/c=v...3GLDA7282.html

This is what I ended up buying and they are great.

Next Conventions
Ichibancon 2013
Ohayocon 2013- Sat only
Katsucon 2013