Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Masquerade / Skit Discussion

Unread 05-30-2014, 09:08 PM   #1
CalvaryRider

A bit of confusion over entries

Let's say you had 3-4 friends and you all made costumes from the same series, and wanted to show them off on stage at the same time. Does each person get judged individually (ie. it's like 5 separate walk-ons, but more efficient and entertaining), or is it considered one single entry?

Just curious; I've read a few forms for cons I want to attend and they allow multiple people on the same entry form, but not sure if they're all considered "one" entry.
CalvaryRider is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-30-2014, 09:20 PM   #2
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

This varies depending on the con. The ones that I've attended would treat all costumes on stage simultaneously as one entry. You may need to ask for clarification on the forum specific to the convention at which you want to do this.
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2014, 08:36 PM   #3
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

It is very rare for a masquerade or contest to actually treat you all separately. Very few of them do this anymore. ACen used to, I don't know if they still do because I wouldn't touch that contest with a ten foot pole.

But usually - USUALLY - if you enter as a group, you are a group, period. You get judged together, you perform together. The only way you would still be considered separate is if all of you turned in individual entry forms with just your name and no one else's on it.

But yes, do check with the con first, just in case. You don't want to walk into the green room and be faced with a huge and unpleasant surprise.

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2014, 04:18 AM   #4
Satine

Yeah. If you are in a group you get to enjoy the pros of being able to use the skills of you all but you also then get to be judged as a whole. At least that has been the most fair way of doing it. Otherwise it becomes a use and abuse situation. It's not fair if one person bears the load for the group. But it's also not fair to have a group support and have one person singled out.
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote