Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Masquerade / Skit Discussion

Unread 12-03-2014, 01:28 PM   #1
PandaBanana

Background videos in cosplay skits + interacting

This is something that has lately become noticebly more common in cosplay skit competitions in my country, especially in solo skits and it's not necessarely a bad thing especially if it's used right. I'm talking about background videos.
By "using it right" I mean not taking too much attention away from the actual cosplayer on the stage. I'm currently making my first solo skit with a background video (i've done skits before but not with a bg video) and i've noticed that planning the skit takes twice as much time and effort because there is a chance that I end up putting all the WOW- stuff into the video and not on the actual skit. So there's a lot of thinking going with how I blend the video and skit together.
Has anyone ever done anything like this before? There's no discussion on the forum nor really anywhere else on this topic so it would be great to get people talking about this Ideas, skits that people have possibly done, anything like that

(and also... on my skit I have a bow (and an "invisible" arrow), and at the end of the skit I am going to shoot a dragon with it. The question is, am I going to be shooting directly at the screen with my back facing the audience, or would it be better if the "arrow" was shot at the audience instead with the dragon on the bg-video? any opinions on this would be appreciated as well )
PandaBanana is offline   Reply With Quote