Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Ani-Magic

Unread 07-02-2003, 02:04 PM   #1
petitemusu
"kocchi. u~n. kocchi..."

What's it like??

Having to miss AX this year my Mom said there is a good possibility that I can go to AM, but it'll be my first year there and I was wondering what's it like? I'm used to big cons and events so I was just curious ^_^ The area looks beautiful and everyone talks about how fun it is so I'm looking for opinions. Thanks!!

~Yumi Aiko

So many new places to visit!
**Ichinichi Girls **Risque Cutie **ING JPop Troupe **
petitemusu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-02-2003, 03:02 PM   #2
Aya Mizu
Sakurairo

Extremely relaxed and everyone's there just to have a good time It really is the cosplayers' con so I highly recommend it. And so affordable too! The hotel rooms never exceed $100 (I can't remember what it is this year), making it just so much more affordable than other cons.
Aya Mizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2003, 10:26 AM   #3
petitemusu
"kocchi. u~n. kocchi..."

Thank you, Aya I've noticed a lot of people have said how much they love this con because of the relaxed and friendly atmosphere. I'm really looking forward to it now ^__^

~Yumi Aiko

Unread 07-07-2003, 03:01 PM   #4
RoseDuelist
CHS Anime Club President

Everbody thinks this con is better than AX. I haven't been to it, but just by looking at the hotel rates and the amount of people attending... it looks very nice. ^_^ 75 bucks for 2 people single. That's so nice....
Unread 07-07-2003, 03:12 PM   #5
Aya Mizu
Sakurairo

Yeah! And it's REALLY hard to miss people because there's only one general area in the center of the hotel so it's cool to catch up with friends as well as make new ones
Aya Mizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2003, 03:32 PM   #6
petitemusu
"kocchi. u~n. kocchi..."

This makes me really excited I hope I can go *crosses fingers* And I'll be making all new friends because most of mine won't be attending. Anyone wanna be my friend? *laugh*

~Yumi Aiko

Unread 07-07-2003, 03:33 PM   #7
RoseDuelist
CHS Anime Club President

Can't wait!! Can't wait! *bounces around*

*hugs Petite* I'll be your friend! lol! I'll be alone too, except for my mom who has already settled on staying in the room living off of room service for those days.. loL!
Unread 07-07-2003, 06:49 PM   #8
maikaeirn
The human vacum

I've heard so many good things about this con. This year will be my first time too. I'm so excited about going! ^^
maikaeirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2003, 07:55 PM   #9
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

It's like, the opposite of AX but with most of the same people.. only a very small percentage of them. o_o It's a cosplaying party, really, even if you don't cosplay.. o.o

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2003, 09:27 PM   #10
Ina
har har har

Quote:
*hugs Petite* I'll be your friend! lol! I'll be alone too, except for my mom who has already settled on staying in the room living off of room service for those days.. loL!
wheee! i'll be your friend too XD haha, i'll be alone too, we should all hang out togther XD
Ina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2003, 09:35 PM   #11
RoseDuelist
CHS Anime Club President

Chances are we will meet... from the way it sounds... lol, it'll be hard to miss each other. lol!

Look for Lum... hopefully.. if I have the guts to wear it. ^_^ I'm a tad shy, but I really want to wear it.

Do they have a dealers room their too? And panels and such? I mean, I know they do, but compared to AX how big are they and how famous are the guests?
Unread 07-07-2003, 09:38 PM   #12
Ina
har har har

from last years pictures, the dealers room is REALLY small compared to AX, i mean its so small you can't even compare, but how should i know, i didn't go ^^;;;

yay, lets be dorks XD and you should wear your lum costume, now thats what i call bravery O_O
Ina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2003, 09:45 PM   #13
RoseDuelist
CHS Anime Club President

I know. I'm a bit fearful about it. But I really want to... grr.. maybe I'll make the bottoms more than just bikini bottoms. Maybe like short shorts or something like that. Dunno... ^^;;
Unread 07-08-2003, 12:40 AM   #14
Kira_Yamato
GET OUT OF HERE STALKER

Quote:
Originally posted by RoseDuelist

Look for Lum... hopefully.. if I have the guts to wear it. ^_^ I'm a tad shy, but I really want to wear it.
Do it!!!!
Kira_Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2003, 08:09 AM   #15
AM Chair
Ani-Magic is Go!
Animagic

Hi All,

We try to pack all the stuff you'd expect to find at a con into a wonderful little place we call the AVI. We have lots of VA guests, invited or otherwise, and our first Japanese guest, Yasuhiro Imagawa, will make all the Giant Robo fans happy.

Rose Duelist: Go for the Lum! We've had skimpier outfits in AMs past, like Dirty Pair, and Kitty's stunner from last year, and no fan boys bothered them.

And for the first time, we've got a Japanese style autumn festival for you to enjoy. So get a Yukata and join in the fun!

Our dealer hall is smaller than AX, as is everything else, but we have lots of good dealers signed on.

One more thing, if you're coming, don't forget to pre-reg for $35.00, which lasts until July 15th!

Revell
AM Chair is offline   Reply With Quote