Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > New York Anime Festival

Unread 07-02-2003, 03:42 PM   #1
dressdragn
PM me to schedule a shoot

BAAF help wanted inquire with in

BAAF needs moderators and panelists. While applying is not a garntee of aceptance, I hope to see many of you as partispants in the festival.

What you get out of it, your name in big lights, braging rights and if you speak on 2 or more panels FREE WEEKEND admission to the con. If your intrested, please tell me wich panels your intrested in, why, your full name and email address.

What were looking for:

Cosplay 101,Instructors go over sewing basics, answer questions, talk about some of the common problems faced by beginning cosplayers

We need said instrutors, some one with solid cosplay exprience and is conftrable speeking about it. Teaching exp a+ but not nessary.

Cosplay and body image, Discusses some of issues of cosplaying charters that you are physically unlike, Older women playing Sakura, Anyone black cosplaying at all, so on.
Allready on the panel Kevin of fansview, Adam Wright, Chris Troy

We need Female panelists, I was thinking that it might be good to get a female panelist that was strongly crical. But I'm open to anyone.

We also need a moderator, moderators don't talk to much just faclitate the discussion.

Anime/Cosplay publications (Make part of the same panel as zines)Whatís out there? Whatís it like to write for it?

Expert Otaku need for this panel, so for all of you out there who can't wait to get your hands on the latest issue of gothic lottia bible this may be the panel for you.

Anime and the Internet About the internets role in the rising popularity of Anime and itís effect on the fandom.

Fanfiction writers, cosplay.com posters, admins and moderators this is the panel for you, tell us about your online adventures and trimuphs.

Otaku Culture: Who We Are. America is developing itís own anime community independent of the Japanese culture.

We need panelists: Your a part of this comuinty, this is your chance to talk about it, how you envions its future and what in means as a part of your life.

~Anna
dressdragn is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-03-2003, 04:56 PM   #2
Ang
It's better to be feared.

"Anime and the Internet About the internets role in the rising popularity of Anime and itís effect on the fandom. "

I'd like to help out with this panel if you don't mind.

I've done the webmastering panel for 2 years in a row at Jacon, where I talk about developing your own fansite and even teach how to do it. I've also done my share of downloading anime from Kazaa and IRC, spent hours on Anipike (haven't we all??) And of course, I can talk about it from the point of view of being a site owner for nearly 4 years. I've had to deal with upgrading from free to paid, buying more bandwidth, dealing with flame mail and fan mail, etc.

I hope that helps you out, I'm not sure where to formally apply or anything yet.
Rebel Legion - Kamino Base - Jaina Solo, Mirax Terrik, B-Wing in progress
Anime Cosplay - Rebecca Chambers most recently completed
Ang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2003, 11:58 AM   #3
Reiko
Agent S

Cosplay and body image, Discusses some of issues of cosplaying charters that you are physically unlike, Older women playing Sakura, Anyone black cosplaying at all, so on.
Allready on the panel Kevin of fansview, Adam Wright, Chris Troy

Fanfiction writers, cosplay.com posters, admins and moderators this is the panel for you, tell us about your online adventures and trimuphs.

I would love to do that since I dont have the body image... or the cosplay.com thing..I had experence i think lol

Last edited by Reiko : 07-06-2003 at 12:08 PM.
Reiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2003, 12:39 PM   #4
Koumori
Dye! Dye! My darling

Anna, since you do not have a PM option set, I have sent you a message through the email link here at the board, and also let Adam know of my interest. Thanks.
Koumori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2003, 12:52 PM   #5
dressdragn

thank you for your intrest all 3 of you, I think were all full on cosplay and body image at this point, but we still need people for anime and the internet. please email me your full name, mailing adress, email adress and phone # so I can comunicate with you more about the panels.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

my email is purpledrangn22@hotmail.com

~Anna
Unread 07-07-2003, 12:52 PM   #6
dressdragn

thank you for your intrest all 3 of you, I think were all full on cosplay and body image at this point, but we still need people for anime and the internet. please email me your full name, mailing adress, email adress and phone # so I can comunicate with you more about the panels.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

my email is purpledrangn22@hotmail.com

~Anna
Unread 07-07-2003, 02:30 PM   #7
Koumori
Dye! Dye! My darling

Apologies, but I don't want to give out personal information such as my phone number unless you're actually interested in having me; I'm sure you'll understand. I've already sent you info on my interests and qualifications. Please PM or e-mail me personally if you are interested, based on the messages I've sent; if I don't hear from you I'll assume you are not interested. Thanks for your consideration.

Last edited by Koumori : 07-07-2003 at 04:02 PM.
Koumori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2003, 11:01 PM   #8
Sciguy
Agent R

I'm a fanfiction writer and I like to think of myself as a pure Otaku, so I'm game on the panals involving Otaku culture and Internet anime adventures. I would really like to do this!
Sciguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2003, 09:26 AM   #9
dressdragn

Jenna, I would like to point out I allready have your phone # and I know where you live (down the block from me)

~Anna
Unread 07-08-2003, 09:27 AM   #10
dressdragn

sounds great sciguy, can you email me and tell me more about your fanfiction and your ideas about the panels.

~Anna
Unread 07-08-2003, 11:27 AM   #11
dressdragn

Were still looking for guests for the folowing panels and work shops there are some new ones and some ones

Name: How to play Go, and other popular Japanese games
Description: Begins with teaching demo, then students try out there skills in open play.

We need skilled go teachers!

diversity and culture in anime-the fetishism of the other

We need speakers and moderators.

How to tie an obi/kimono care
Lecture demo on how to where a kimono, tie and obi and basic kimono information.

We will provide passes for you and your asistant to come and show off you kimono colection.

Costume Wigs Creation
A demonstration in costume wig making, followed by an exteended Q&A about costume wigs.

we need teachers

The Best Youíve Never Seen
A panel about anime and manga not yet released in the usa.

we need speakers and moderators
Unread 07-08-2003, 12:40 PM   #12
hnt
Rice University 2011!

I'm not a SUPER skilled go player but I play go daily. I know the basics and enough to teach beginner. Do you think I could help as a volunteer like when they are playing the game like I could pass by and answer their questions, etc? :3

Also for the Go section, you could have someone talk about where to play go online and the American Go Association. After that, you could maybe also explain where Go has appeared in anime/manga (Hikaru No Go), etc. :3

I'm only a 25kyu ^_^;;; *falls*
hnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2003, 03:42 PM   #13
dressdragn

it might be good for you to work on go, but we sill need sponsor ship from a go club for boards and stones and stuff.

~Anna
Unread 07-08-2003, 04:11 PM   #14
hnt
Rice University 2011!

I know there is a go club in NYC. It's located at:

323 E 52nd St #1
Tuesday-Friday 5-11PM
SAturday/Sunday 1-11PM

The owner is Mozart Haruhisa, Ishizuka
212-679-1230

There are other Go clubs but most of them are near Flushing. Maybe you can call the owner of this go club for sponsership ^^; It's an official chapter of AGA. Besides, most beginners start with 9 X 9 and 9 X 9 boards aren't expensive. Most people use paper ones so I'm sure this go club would be glad to sponser some ^^
hnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2003, 02:12 PM   #15
Sciguy
Agent R

I am having difficulty in E-mailing you Anna. Is there a secondary means of contact that I could use?
Sciguy is offline   Reply With Quote