Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 07-16-2008, 09:20 PM   #1
Meiki

I wish there were more...

I'm curious, what would you like to see more of in the fashion? That includes colors, prints, styles, body types, hair colors, interests, anything!

I'm working on a grey and black dress right now, and I'd looove to see more grey in the fashion. Elegant without looking like you're going to a funeral. I'd also like to see more forest prints, gnomes and little spotted mushrooms and woodland critters. And girls with crazy colored hair, the bottom half of my hair was bright magenta for a while, and it would have been nice to have more girls to talk to about "Can I wear this color with my hair color or will that look weird?" sort of thing.
Meiki is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-16-2008, 09:49 PM   #2
vallartatsuki

I wish Loli came in bigger sizes and more prints. I'd honestly like to see some more plaid/tartan and pastels, like peach.
vallartatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2008, 10:01 PM   #3
secretmirror180
From Planet Korin

Bling. I am a sucker for big jewelry but I wear sweet lolita so unless it's fruit or a pastry or a bow it looks award to wear like a finger armor ring. And watches. Lord knows how hard it is to coordinate a decent watch.

Halter style jsks are pretty cool and look nice for the summer.

Purple, green, and yellow colors definitely. Like a nice pastel green or dark purple. But they would be hard to coordinate with regular items right? ^^"

Zelda (30%), Shampoo Neko-hanten(90%), Akihabara maid outfit
Plus a kajillion outfits & wigs for friends & family...-_-

---
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other. - Jane Austen
secretmirror180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2008, 10:04 PM   #4
bandXaided
-almost Byaku's alter ego

i'd like to see them stock larges. asia doesnt' like the size large for some reason, and i'm just a bit too big for medium, so it sucks ;___;

and i'd like to see more ouji, but maybe i'm not looking hard enough...

+Cons+
prolly Otakon 2011, maybe NYAF.

You are a neglected Cosplayer when you look for photos of yourself forever after a con and you cannot find more than three. If you are, join the club, and begin your post with something related to neglected cosplayers!

bandXaided is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2008, 10:10 PM   #5
Meiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandXaided View Post
and i'd like to see more ouji, but maybe i'm not looking hard enough...
You're totally right about that, I see maybe one or two people in boystyle at most events, if that. I think girls are too attached to their frills (I know I am) and there aren't enough guys in the fashion to merit more than that.
Unread 07-16-2008, 10:35 PM   #6
bandXaided
-almost Byaku's alter ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiki View Post
You're totally right about that, I see maybe one or two people in boystyle at most events, if that. I think girls are too attached to their frills (I know I am) and there aren't enough guys in the fashion to merit more than that.
i'm actually liking ouji more than girl lolita, i'd like to be able to base some of my creations off stuff i've seen instead of combining loads of ideas pulled from different pieces...;___;

+Cons+
prolly Otakon 2011, maybe NYAF.

You are a neglected Cosplayer when you look for photos of yourself forever after a con and you cannot find more than three. If you are, join the club, and begin your post with something related to neglected cosplayers!

bandXaided is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2008, 10:39 PM   #7
simplechestnut

Forest prints on lolita's would be so cute! I think a nature line of Lolita would go over very well and I know I would buy forest inspired/patterned peices.

Now I want to draw a picture of a nature Lolita...
simplechestnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2008, 12:26 AM   #8
Kaimana Scarlet
I needz frills moar

i iwsh there was more forest green. its a great color, and not used very often.

same goes with brown.
Halloween skirt: 50%
BlackxWhite Lolita w/ parasol: 100%
Kaimana Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2008, 03:22 AM   #9
Ringo_Tan
It Came From Outer Space!

Black and white lolita done right! Everyone seems to have so much hate for it because most ita's wear black and white. Its a little discouraging that everyone is like "Its sooo over done!" or "Looks like a cheap maid!" When I haven't seen a good b & w done is ages. ;^; I could be wrong, because, I don't lurk egl that much.

I also think we need more Aristocrats. ._. And Sailor Lolita..
Unread 07-17-2008, 06:50 AM   #10
JustBeMeltdown

good guro-lolis I love guro-loli when it's done nicely!
Unread 07-17-2008, 09:28 AM   #11
vallartatsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo_Tan View Post
I also think we need more Aristocrats. ._. And Sailor Lolita..
I totally agree. Every weekend (well almost) at the boat club, I find the perfect places for photos. If only I had a sailor dress D:
vallartatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2008, 10:29 AM   #12
siuxsiu
The Bottomless Pit

I'd like to see more Sailor Lolita's AND Hime Lolita's. Hime's are a dying breed, I'd say. Haven't seen one, EVER. Except in pictures. And I haven't seen any Sailor's either. I'm making on though :3.

Also, I'd definetely like to see more colours like peach, lilac and mint green. And patterns like polka dot (not gaudy polka dots- nice ones).

And to those of you who are requesting larger sizes from Asia, don't expect much. In Asia, a large is like a medium. Asian girl's are TINY! Well, most of them are.

Coming Attractions:
Panne (Fire Emblem: Awakening) | 0%
F!Makoto (FREE!) | 0%
siuxsiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2008, 11:23 AM   #13
Meiki

I do love hime lolitas. And it's something fairly easy to pull off with a normal lolita wardrobe, add big hair, some pearls, a crown, and some gloves and voila! It's a shame people don't do it more often.

I do like guro, but I think the biggest problem people have is first of all getting any form of fake blood on stuff they've either slaved over to make, or spent a couple hundred bucks on. Plus, costume-style lolitas just aren't as common because you can't really wear it every day. It's the same reason why wa-loli isn't as common either.
Unread 07-17-2008, 12:40 PM   #14
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

Yeah, there needs to be more browns in the fashion, perhaps not a main color, but working it in with blue as the main color will work.
Unread 07-17-2008, 05:46 PM   #15
Ringo_Tan
It Came From Outer Space!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiki View Post
I do love hime lolitas. And it's something fairly easy to pull off with a normal lolita wardrobe, add big hair, some pearls, a crown, and some gloves and voila! It's a shame people don't do it more often.
I once did Hime Lolita, but, I never posted it here, because I wasn't proud of it in the end. My make up was really bad, and F+F screwed up the length.
Maybe I'll post it after all...