Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Closed Thread
Unread 07-20-2008, 04:18 PM   #46
Ringo_Tan
It Came From Outer Space!

Quote:
And even if the person wants to look incredibly sweet they should have thought of that before they got tattooed, or simply take the piercing off.
..That is just a TAD rude. =/ Your saying a girl who has tattoo's can't be sweet lolita? Tattoo's are hard to get rid of to begin with. Some of them hold personal meaning to the person. No one wears lolita all the time, so, why should lolita effect her decision to get a tattoo? Many people got their tattoo's before even discovering lolita. And, piercings is similar. For some, it holds a meaning, and for some, they like how they look. There aren't any guidelines aganst piercings or tattoo's, and, to me, a sweet lolita in piercings and tattoo's are just as lolita as ones without.

Unread 07-20-2008, 04:58 PM   #47
passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo_Tan View Post
..That is just a TAD rude. =/ Your saying a girl who has tattoo's can't be sweet lolita? Tattoo's are hard to get rid of to begin with. Some of them hold personal meaning to the person. No one wears lolita all the time, so, why should lolita effect her decision to get a tattoo? Many people got their tattoo's before even discovering lolita. And, piercings is similar. For some, it holds a meaning, and for some, they like how they look.

I don’t think tattoos change the categorization of the lolita. it just adds a bit of a modern edge. i worked as an assistant in a tattoo parlor and I noticed that almost every tattoo had personal meaning to the person. But to those who don’t want it to be part of their fashion or style they usually put it in a place where its easily covered and not viewed by everyone. While others choose to add to their look by putting it in a visible place and often wearing clothes that show them off or flatter the tattoo.

And a lot of people wear lolita all the time, or a lot. Its not a special occasion thing to some its even a lifestyle. A tattoo and piercing is part of your fashion and style choice as is lolita….honestly I don’t know a another way to explain it other that how it already was….its like talking to a 12 year old -_-‘’

I hang around a lot of punks and goth and I’ve yet to meet anyone who’s piercing is more than a fashion accessory…I'm not saying its not possible but honestly…what possible meaning can a piercing have…it’s a piece of metal on your face XD

Quote:
There aren't any guidelines aganst piercings or tattoo's, and, to me, a sweet lolita in piercings and tattoo's are just as lolita as ones without.
This is exactly what my first post was about. You're not going to find guidelines about everything. There's more to the fashion than what’s written on lolita style guides.

A lot of the time you’re gonna have to *gasp* think for yourself, and *even bigger gasp* learn from experience.

Last edited by passer-by : 07-20-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Unread 07-20-2008, 04:59 PM   #48
Meiki

I'm not going to continue to argue in circles like this. Clearly, you can't change our minds and we can't change yours. I see nothing wrong with girls having tattoos and piercings, I'd have a tattoo or two myself if it wasn't medically dangerous for me to get one. However, I don't think that personal appearance that you don't want to change should have an affect on what kind of lolita you want to be. That's like saying a blonde girl, or a girl with pastel-dyed hair can't be a gothic lolita, it just doesn't make sense. Besides that, why does it matter? It's all lolita at the end of the day, I'm not about to get in a fuss over specific labels. I'm not going to continue to argue with both of you, we've basically hijacked and ruined this girl's thread for no reason.
Unread 07-20-2008, 05:04 PM   #49
*Le*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiki View Post
I'm not going to continue to argue in circles like this. Clearly, you can't change our minds and we can't change yours. I see nothing wrong with girls having tattoos and piercings, I'd have a tattoo or two myself if it wasn't medically dangerous for me to get one. However, I don't think that personal appearance that you don't want to change should have an affect on what kind of lolita you want to be. That's like saying a blonde girl, or a girl with pastel-dyed hair can't be a gothic lolita, it just doesn't make sense. Besides that, why does it matter? It's all lolita at the end of the day, I'm not about to get in a fuss over specific labels. I'm not going to continue to argue with both of you, we've basically hijacked and ruined this girl's thread for no reason.
you're not even reading what being said. no one said anything about a tattoo or piercing changing the style of lolita. in fact quite the opposite has been stated quite a few times. theres nothing wrong with it I have piercing and im working on a whole backpiece....i dont get this post.
Unread 07-20-2008, 05:12 PM   #50
passer-by

ugh, its like i'm talking to myself (with the exception of *le*)

i cant believe how ignorant people are. even when having someone who HAS tattoos and piercings explain to them the whole purpose of it they just..refuse to believe it (or maybe you dont understand it)?

i find this incredibly insulting....its a weird thing though. 'cos its not the current me with no piercings thats insulted but the old me with my metal filled face. its really annoying that you choose to ignore my or make believe that certain part of my look is not there. its like you're not actually seeing me and what i wear and my style but what YOU want me to look like or something. its so annoying, and i've run out of ways to explain it.

i'm out.
Unread 07-20-2008, 05:20 PM   #51
*Le*

….don’t have much to say except I agree with passerby. I couldn’t have worded it better myself.

And I really do feel like a lot of them view it as some sort of disability. I’ve made a few sarcastic comment before along the lines of “I has piercing so I is not rori!!” and I got a lot of replies such as “aww its ok, you can wear loli with piercings!” which was weird. It was almost like they pited me and where trying to make me feel better or something. I don’t think a lot of these people realize that I could just…take them off if I didn't want ‘em there. And that I put them there on purpose, because I like how it looks and what it adds to my ‘look’ that it’s not like…some horrible thing that happened to me or something hahaha!

Honestly, If people didn't WANT their tattoos and piercing to be part of their style and fashion sense they wouldn’t get them….and if they for some reason change their mind about their tattoo or whatever (which I’ve seen happen quite a few times) they would most likely cover it up/figure out a out a way to hide it because its not they’re style what they’re into anymore etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by passer-by View Post
ugh, its like i'm talking to myself (with the exception of *le*)

i cant believe how ignorant people are. even when having someone who HAS tattoos and piercings explain to them the whole purpose of it they just..refuse to believe it (or maybe you dont understand it)?

i find this incredibly insulting....its a weird thing though. 'cos its not the current me with no piercings thats insulted but the old me with my metal filled face. its really annoying that you choose to ignore my or make believe that certain part of my look is not there. its like you're not actually seeing me and what i wear and my style but what YOU want me to look like or something. its so annoying, and i've run out of ways to explain it.

i'm out.
Agreed.

The funny thing is that the rest of the world seems to get it. but lolitas ( or the majority of them) don’t for whatever reason.

It is almost insulting really. that certain pieces of my outfit are just overlook or people pretend its not there or whatever...it gives the outfit a bit of a diffrent look than what intended if people pretend certain parts arent there.

Last edited by *Le* : 07-20-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Unread 07-20-2008, 05:40 PM   #52
Ringo_Tan

Quote:
And a lot of people wear lolita all the time, or a lot. Its not a special occasion thing to some its even a lifestyle. A tattoo and piercing is part of your fashion and style choice as is lolita….honestly I don’t know a another way to explain it other that how it already was….its like talking to a 12 year old -_-‘’
Nice to know I sound so incredibly stupid. -___- No, alot of people DON'T wear lolita all the time. Its not possible. No one wears lolita 24/7. And, not everyone thinks its a lifestyle, but, at the end of the day, its just clothes.

Now, the both of you are making no sense and acting insulted. We just think that piercings don't make an outfit different! Same with tattoo's or eyebrows or hair color! It means ZERO to lolita. =/ Its just our opinion, sorry.

I agree with Meiki. And *Le*, I don't get why your confused, because, thats the opinion you've been ranting on for the past page. That piercings + sweet lolita = Gothic-esque sweet. -__-

Quote:
And I really do feel like a lot of them view it as some sort of disability. I’ve made a few sarcastic comment before along the lines of “I has piercing so I is not rori!!” and I got a lot of replies such as “aww its ok, you can wear loli with piercings!” which was weird.
Its the people like you, the ones who think that piercings with sweet makes the outfit dark or not good, that makes people feel like that. And, maybe thats just how you felt, that they where pitying you but, -__- a ton of people could care less about piercings, they just want to see cute girls in cute frilly dresses. Why should someone who loves her piercings have to take them all out to wear a dress? Yes, she can just put them back in at the end of the day but, its her piercings. -.- Its just a dress. Maybe its because so many people seem to be in the piercing = goth/punk mentality to see. Its just a fancy piece of jewelry. Many lolita's when it sweet put in piercings to match their dress. With pink or red jewels. So, why must piercings matter. *shurg* All I see is a cute girl in a dress, not a girl wearing a ton of piercings in a wrong kind of dress.
Unread 07-20-2008, 05:54 PM   #53
JustBeMeltdown

MY GOD, Are there not rules about taking peoples threads!?! Poor horraythewierd....

Unread 07-21-2008, 10:04 AM   #54
*Le*

Quote:
Nice to know I sound so incredibly stupid. -___- No, alot of people DON'T wear lolita all the time. Its not possible. No one wears lolita 24/7. And, not everyone thinks its a lifestyle, but, at the end of the day, its just clothes.

Now, the both of you are making no sense and acting insulted. We just think that piercings don't make an outfit different! Same with tattoo's or eyebrows or hair color! It means ZERO to lolita. =/ Its just our opinion, sorry.

I agree with Meiki. And *Le*, I don't get why your confused, because, thats the opinion you've been ranting on for the past page. That piercings + sweet lolita = Gothic-esque sweet. -__-

Its the people like you, the ones who think that piercings with sweet makes the outfit dark or not good, that makes people feel like that. And, maybe thats just how you felt, that they where pitying you but, -__- a ton of people could care less about piercings, they just want to see cute girls in cute frilly dresses. Why should someone who loves her piercings have to take them all out to wear a dress? Yes, she can just put them back in at the end of the day but, its her piercings. -.- Its just a dress. Maybe its because so many people seem to be in the piercing = goth/punk mentality to see. Its just a fancy piece of jewelry. Many lolita's when it sweet put in piercings to match their dress. With pink or red jewels. So, why must piercings matter. *shurg* All I see is a cute girl in a dress, not a girl wearing a ton of piercings in a wrong kind of dress.
Hahahaha what? I'm sorry to burst your bubble but yes someone people can and do wear lolita everyday. I actually could if I wanted to, and have for a few months at time (not counting my PJs, which it easily could)

good god do you people need hooked on phonics.

I have never met so one so retarted.

Honestly. I haven’t. its amazing how you refuse to read what’s someone saying and comming up with all these things that you think are beig said or something.

And I know people often match their piercing with the dress but what in gods name does that have to do with anything?...I do that A LOT….i think its cute.

I do have one thing to add that maybe might make things easier to understand (so you don’t seem to)

Its safe to assume that your going to school no? (there's no way in hell that someone with reading skills like that is done with school) and if you’re a drop out or something just think back to your highschool days. Now, who in highschool had the piercing and the tattoos. Was it the ALL trendy preps? No? REALLY? Who was it then…..hmm I'm gonna go ahead and make a wild guess here it was the goth, punk, and all the ‘rebellious’ or edgy kids who where ‘out there’ and ‘risqué’ etc. OMG I'M RIGHT? Gosh what a lucky guess that one was.

Face piercings is not adequate jewelry for a little Victorian girl. So piercing + lolita = just a little more modern and/or edgy. The people who are wearing this KNOW this, and we do it on purpose to achieve a more modern or edgy look. we do not want this part of the outfit to be overlooked, we put it there for a reason. if we DID want it to be overlooked we simply wouldnt wear it. get it?

That is the whole discussion put as simple as a can. If you cant understand that then you should get some hooked phonics…or go back to school?

Note: I'm OBVIOUSLY just using high school as an example. I am completely an utterly aware that these things spread beyond high school. But chances are most of you people don’t hang around or have even seen that kind of people since high school (depending on where you live etc.) so I figured it was something most of you could relate to.

Last edited by *Le* : 07-21-2008 at 10:55 AM.
Unread 07-21-2008, 04:52 PM   #55
Ringo_Tan

Quote:
I have never met so one so retarted.

Honestly. I haven’t. its amazing how you refuse to read what’s someone saying and comming up with all these things that you think are beig said or something.

And I know people often match their piercing with the dress but what in gods name does that have to do with anything?...I do that A LOT….i think its cute.

I do have one thing to add that maybe might make things easier to understand (so you don’t seem to)

Its safe to assume that your going to school no? (there's no way in hell that someone with reading skills like that is done with school) and if you’re a drop out or something just think back to your highschool days. Now, who in highschool had the piercing and the tattoos. Was it the ALL trendy preps? No? REALLY? Who was it then…..hmm I'm gonna go ahead and make a wild guess here it was the goth, punk, and all the ‘rebellious’ or edgy kids who where ‘out there’ and ‘risqué’ etc. OMG I'M RIGHT? Gosh what a lucky guess that one was.
Nice to know you need to stoop as low as to use personal insults as calling people retarded. I'm not the one who needs reading lessons thank you, and I'm not the one being a royal stick in the ass bitch. Yes that was a bitchy comment, but, your being one too.

And, as someone going to school now, believe it or not, the trendy preps are the ones with the piercings. Half of the popular girls have belly button piercings, or nose piercings. One girl has her tongue pierced and her lip pierced, and she is popular too.
Unread 07-21-2008, 07:32 PM   #56
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Apologies to the original poster, but this thread has spiraled into a nasty off-topic argument with no end in sight and I'm going to have to close it. If you still need help, you're welcome to make a new thread.

To those arguing: Arguing is one thing, but making personal attacks is NEVER okay on this website. It would have been possible to make your points calmly and maturely, but all the parties involved found it necessary to add insults at every turn. You're never going to be taken seriously if you do that, and it makes your argument weak. Please don't let it happen again.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Closed Thread