Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Persona

Unread 07-21-2008, 08:12 AM   #1
Gravitationxx--
Pineapple Samba!

Hibari Kyouya help.

I desprately need to make his arm band and if I don't start now, I probably will end up forgetting and freak out the week before AWA. So, does anyone know a good tutorial for this prop.

I don't really have any good pictures of it at this second. But I will edit when I do. D:
Lenalee ( Thinking about it. )
Hibari Kyouya ( 25% done )
Gravitationxx-- is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-21-2008, 01:07 PM   #2
Wataru
Man Tifa

Here's a ref pic for ya.

And to make that, I think construction paper might be best. <_< And what's good about that is, even though they're not durable, you can make two or three of 'em easy so if one rips or tears badly enough, you can put on another.

But yeah, red paper strip to start off with. Then take gold paper, write the kanji, then cut it out. If you can't find gold, you could always just write it on white. cut it out, then spray paint it. >_> Dry it out then glue it on. It'd work just as well, I'm sure.

And since you seem to have issues finding ref pics...I'll see if I can find a good one of the kanji on his armband...

Not PERFECT, but it may have to do...

Oh, and look! Here's the rest of it!

Though...by that cosplay in the second pic, it looks like he went hardcore and used fabric materials and embroidery... If you know how to do that, then go for it, but...xDD

Worst comes to worst......You can buy a full costume. >.>

Google is male because it thinks it knows everything. Wikipedia is female, because even when it's wrong, it's right.
~A. Neary

I was born ready!
No, you were just born with disabilities.
~J. Webb/S. Driscoll

Life is not a cosplay!
Sure it is, look, you dressed up like an insurance agent today!
~My dad/me
Wataru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2008, 09:02 PM   #3
Gravitationxx--
Pineapple Samba!

I'm getting to the point where all I want to do is buy the whole thing. xD I'm having trouble even styling his wig. e.e; So maybe I'll just order the rest of the costume.

My bird however. My darling Hibird, I hand made him, and before I finish his left wing I want stuff him and put a little voice thing in it. You know, like the ones at build a bear! I just don't know if they sell those! ;A; I really wanna have my hibird sing. It's really a unique idea.
Lenalee ( Thinking about it. )
Hibari Kyouya ( 25% done )

Last edited by Gravitationxx-- : 07-21-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Gravitationxx-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2008, 11:28 PM   #4
cherimoon
Oh dear...

I had to make a similar armband for my Persona 3 cosplay.
I went to a local dollar store and bought some felt sheets. You can probably get them at any craft store and they usually come with different colours.I think you should use red felt for the armband part and cut up some yellow felt for the kanji and borders and just stick them on the arm band using fabric or tacky glue. To have it stay in a position on your arm, I suggest just using a safety pin.

It worked really well for me. Too bad I don't have pictures. :P

And if the hibird singing doesn't work out, you can just download the song onto your cellphone. :P
cherimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2008, 12:10 AM   #5
benihime
Kimono Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitationxx-- View Post
I'm getting to the point where all I want to do is buy the whole thing. xD I'm having trouble even styling his wig. e.e; So maybe I'll just order the rest of the costume.

My bird however. My darling Hibird, I hand made him, and before I finish his left wing I want stuff him and put a little voice thing in it. You know, like the ones at build a bear! I just don't know if they sell those! ;A; I really wanna have my hibird sing. It's really a unique idea.
his wig isn't rocket science.. the wisp would have been perfect for it, just trim it up a bit

but for the armband i say you can get some bias tape and some heat n bond and put that on and then just get a red fabric marker and draw the rest on

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote