Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Anime Chat

Unread 09-19-2002, 06:01 AM   #1
katrinastrife

Question What is Pretear?

I keep hearing about an anime called "PreTear"...

Would anyone mind sparing a few minutes and telling me about it? o.O

I'm curious.... A link to a site would be nice, too...

^^* Thankies!

Unread 09-19-2002, 09:18 AM   #2
khamryn
SE Addict

mmm... well.. I really suck at explaining things... but I watched the whole series in one day. XD

The whole title is Shin Shirayuki Densetsu Pretear. ^_^ I posted on the LJ community and got some good links in the comments... here:

http://www.livejournal.com/talkread....ar&itemid=8773

::Skitters off.::
Unread 09-19-2002, 09:57 AM   #3
Ranma Saotome
DeShawn Pilgrim

AFAIK, it's like Snow White meets Sailor Moon. Uhm... www.pretear.com. Lemme go find the Pocky Princess, she'd know. *grabs a box off the shelf and scours off*
iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/anime-jam-session/id280235645
Anime Jam Session on the VOG Network, LIVE! Tuesdays @ 9:30PM EST: www.VOGNetwork.com!
2014 Convention Schedule: Magfest 8.5, AAC, DerpyCon

Ranma Saotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2002, 11:02 AM   #4
PockyDarcy

Hi there KatrinaStrife!
I know a lot about Pretear. Think snow white and the 7 dwarfs with 7 bishie men, *giggle* It's like Fushigi Yugi. Main character Himeno has the power to become Pretear. She can destroy leaf monsters. All the men are leaf knights, they explain in the begining that everything has leaf. The Disaster Queen sends the monsters for revenge, you'll see why. I love all the characters! If you don't like Himeno, there are still her step-mother, and 2 step sisters. ^_^ I think the best part about the show is the costume changes. Everytime she battles, she "merges" with one of the 7 men's souls in return she gets to wear a nifty outfit to fight in. Plus they shield her from getting hurt and she gets their powers too. It's a 13 episode OAV. I recomend it to anyone who loves shoujo anime like me. I guess, I heard eventhough it was a 2001 series, it's going to be released sometime soon by ADV. I cosplayed as the snow pretear from episode 13. Here is a link to my acp site. http://www.acparadise.com/cosplayers...ncessdarcy.htm
Emai me from there if you need any more info or want the opening avi (which is goregous!!) or any pics. I have tons of stuff. Hope I answered a little of your question!
hope to talk to you soon! ^_^
love,
Darcy chan
PockyDarcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2002, 11:31 AM   #5
khamryn
SE Addict

PockyDarcy-

*_* Ooo Snow Pretear! Pretty!!! ::Wonders if you're going to AX so I can con you into wearing it when I do Hayate ^.^.. makes puppy eyes.::
Unread 09-19-2002, 08:08 PM   #6
Tenshi
Needs more sparkles

Mwa ha ha, more chances to shamelessly plug my site!

http://www.mirager.net/pretear/

It's a manga image gallery at the moment. . .but hopefully I'll get the chance to put other types of pictures on it.

Speaking of that. . .Darcy, may I put pictures of your White Pretear on my site? I want to start a Cosplay section *_*.

Next Up:Mad Hatter Tamaki (Ouran Host Club), Tuxedo Mask (Sera Myu) and Kaitou Sinbad (Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne)
I declare this The Year of Making Epic Jackets
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2002, 10:00 PM   #7
PockyDarcy

khamryn, Unfortunatly not going to AX ;_; I would love to see pics of your costume when it is done though!! My boyfriend did a hayate costume to match me. He is on cos-men under Scott! ^_^

Tenshi, sure you can put pics up. I have some on my hard drive if you want others?? That would be awsome possum!! Thanks so much too for the link to your site, it's great to know someone is putting up a site on pretear (*sigh* there are so little of them -_-)
Go pretear cosplay!! YAY!
On a side note, a great thing happend to me at Otakon while scott and I were wearing our pretear costumes, the Japanese representative of Pretear stopped me and gave me his card.His name is Takashi Iida. He works for Pioneer japan. He told me that he was searching for Pretear all day and he finally found her!! *giggle* he took my pic, too. Guess you have to be at the right place and time to meet these people. *shurg* *smile*
love,
Darcy chan ^_~
Unread 09-19-2002, 10:03 PM   #8
PockyDarcy

Tenshi, I just realized who you were!! I've been to your angelic theads site many times and at the same time that you were working on your pretear costume, I was working on mine too! I looked at AX pics as it was on fansview that weekend to see how it came out!! I loved it! I have a good pic of you that I actually found last night. Ironic, huh?
Unread 09-19-2002, 10:41 PM   #9
khamryn
SE Addict

>khamryn, Unfortunatly not going to AX ;_; I would love to see pics of your costume when it is done though!! My boyfriend did a hayate costume to match me. He is on cos-men under Scott! ^_^

Aww..;.; well I think I'm gettin a wig for it so I could conceivably do it at another con too.... which are you going to? *_* That was gorgeous. ::runs off to go see your BF.:: ^.^
Unread 09-19-2002, 11:36 PM   #10
Ranma Saotome
DeShawn Pilgrim

*runs back through the thread* Where is she?! I could've sworn I... *runs on out of the thread*
iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/anime-jam-session/id280235645
Anime Jam Session on the VOG Network, LIVE! Tuesdays @ 9:30PM EST: www.VOGNetwork.com!
2014 Convention Schedule: Magfest 8.5, AAC, DerpyCon

Ranma Saotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2002, 05:18 AM   #11
katrinastrife

Thankies everyone!

I'll hafta get the AVI and all that stuff someother time... I'm not on my own computer at the moment.

but, I'm definitely gonna check out those sites sometime!

Arigato (‚*‚肪‚Æ‚¤Ij
Thankies!
Unread 09-20-2002, 09:40 AM   #12
khamryn
SE Addict

Katrina- Cool. I hope you enjoy it.