Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-26-2009, 08:46 PM   #151
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

Im working on SSI's as well. Not exactly EASY, but still kind of easy compared to others, which is what i was getting at ^_^. I think people think the increase in costumers means people are just joining a fad. That might be the case, but the true fans will shine at gatherings and their attention to detail. I'm just glad a comic i love is getting more exposure so that it CAN be recognizible and theres nothing wrong with that at all

People say Rorschach will be the new Joker (as far as mass of bad costumes), but i'm cool with that as long as i get to interact with other Watchmen fans.

Potential Costumes Aisha Clan Clan, WilyKat, Storm
!*Jessi-Chan*! is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-27-2009, 07:15 AM   #152
Last_Chael

I understand! I agree, who care if it's just a fad! It means more people get the joy of reading the comic and dressing up! WOOHOO!!!

I have a question:

I've seen a few people now make SSI's cincher and neckpiece out of vinyl. Is there a reason for this? Is it just your personal preference or is there a particular shot that makes you think it's vinyl? I'm really curious because I would never have thought to use vinyl!
Last_Chael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2009, 10:56 AM   #153
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

Hmm...for me it just seems more vinyl. I was thinking of superhero costume fabrics so I picked a shiny yellow as a personal perference but always thought of the black as vinyl I think a wide variety of fabrics can be used but I guess we'll know friday which is more accurate. Lol!

Now, a question. At everyone eles' theatres is there a midnight showing? How did u find that out? Also,
Do u think others will be in costume? For me, I know I'll be the only one because I always am. Haha back when Harry Potter released when I wore my costume, I was the only one. Always.

Unread 02-27-2009, 11:23 AM   #154
fightstar
Kage-Kanbu Master Ninja

Midnight showings for movies is easy. Just head out to the theater on Thursday and buy your ticket early and there you go! If your going in costume just ask them about it maybe they will hook you up with something, who knows.
fightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2009, 04:31 PM   #155
Coranz
I live in the Future!

The Pictures I have of the Neck-piece and the clincher, they are not that Vinyl...hence me not making my neck-piece with it...*plug* Pictures are on my website *plug over*
The ones I have seen that have them made from Vinyl are just a tad too shinny for me and my perfectionisum...lol
This picture shows that it does have the shinny look, but no where near as much as Vinyl...

I wish my theatre was having a Midnight screening...I miss them...I went to all 3 of the LotR ones and even went to the 3am screening of the 3rd Matrix movie...lol

C
Unread 02-27-2009, 11:37 PM   #156
Last_Chael

That's cool, I was just curious! I wondered if perhaps someone had a better shot that showed it :P

Cora that's why I went with delustered satin. I think that picture probably shows it the best. It's got a sheen but isn't too shiny.

I did a test of my hair and make-up today!!

Now I haven't actually written up the tutorial yet, but if you want to have a look, I've uploaded the photos in order, starting from this one. Hopefully you can kinda work out what I've done from the photos. But I will write up instructions soon, after I've done some more work on the costume. Also my hair isn't quite long enough to do the back rolls properly, so I apologise! I tried my hardest to get it all looking right and take as many photos as I could while I was going. Hope it helps!

Also, my corset now has binding!! Now to put the grommets in!
Unread 02-28-2009, 12:31 AM   #157
Aer
rawr

http://movietickets.com/ shows midnight showings around your zipcode!

fortunately we have this awesome historic theater near me where all the nerds like me go when movies like this come out so I feel much better about wearing my costume there than a chain, haha ;P
Aer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2009, 01:13 AM   #158
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

All vinyl is not shiny...I have a matte vinyl. Most shiny vinyl is pvc.

I finished my cincher and choker tonight. The entire thing will be complete tomorrow night

Aer: thanks for that site! I'll have to check it out when I'm actually on a computer and not my phone

Last edited by !*Jessi-Chan*! : 02-28-2009 at 03:52 AM.
Unread 02-28-2009, 04:32 AM   #159
Last_Chael

I can't wait to see it Jesse-chan!
Unread 02-28-2009, 12:46 PM   #160
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

It was kind of simple when I got the hang of it. First thing I've made with no pattern. I deserve cookies haha.

This thread has turned into the silk spectre thread lol. Where are u other watchmen cosplayers!?

Unread 02-28-2009, 01:35 PM   #161
NoTsOsErIoUs
Only noodles Michael

I'm still about.
Good luck with the work on your costumes everyone.

Here is a vid from the world premiere of the movie.
Are you watching closely?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6s--...eature=related
Unread 03-01-2009, 10:18 AM   #162
RobinDragonryde
Insane Psychopath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !*Jessi-Chan*! View Post
Now, a question. At everyone eles' theatres is there a midnight showing? How did u find that out? Also,
Do u think others will be in costume? For me, I know I'll be the only one because I always am. Haha back when Harry Potter released when I wore my costume, I was the only one. Always.
Even if the website for your theatre doesn't show it, though, give them an email or call--my local theatre's website STILL doesn't show it but I called and they reassured me that yes, they are having a showing. *whew!*
RobinDragonryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2009, 12:11 PM   #163
BonPig

Epp! Watchmen!
I'm making a Silk Spectre II costume and I've already made a rough version of it. Does anyone know what they used in the movie to make it? Latex? Spandex? PVC? annnddd which one is stretchier?
BonPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2009, 01:05 PM   #164
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

Robin: alrightie I'll do that. Might just drop by and ask them if I'm around which I will be since I gotta drop by the costume shop to get a whip for SSI.

Bonpig: earlier in the thread we discussed that it looked like latex. I think pvc would look good as well.

Unread 03-01-2009, 06:39 PM   #165
Last_Chael

Quote:
Originally Posted by !*Jessi-Chan*! View Post
Robin: alrightie I'll do that. Might just drop by and ask them if I'm around which I will be since I gotta drop by the costume shop to get a whip for SSI.
Silk Spectre Doesn't have a whip. In the poster, she was holding the prisoners leash. It wasn't a whip :P

I've heard a few people saying she has a whip, and she doesn't!